48 days ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pinnyheadhead
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

573B9290-15F5-4929-BCE6-04E279945960 (resized).png
    70DEE77A-5B09-4C2E-B6AA-1AEAC3EC1BB4 (resized).png
    ACDE94B1-3B28-4383-8608-FC62AA3BBDF1 (resized).png
    F66BEEBB-3489-4EBA-99C2-41370D8F4B68 (resized).jpeg
    s-l400 (resized).jpg
    0BB9C0C6-0937-42FA-8C6C-7E2DD8354FD7 (resized).jpeg
    268F20FA-343A-4A82-B613-FA95585396B2 (resized).jpeg
    2a3vne (resized).jpg
    IMAG0581_1.jpg
    IMAG0580_1.jpg
    2018-05-10 23.14.52.jpg
    05_Screw_Bolts_In_To_Hold Plate_In_Place (resized).JPG
    06_Dip_Screws_In_Titebond (resized).JPG
    02_Inside_Left_Cab (resized).JPG
    03_Bracket_Comparison (resized).JPG
    04_Dry_Lube_bracket_Threads (resized).JPG

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 days ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Go ahead and do them.

Like we need your permission. Were talking about a Stern game here, not Gottlieb. You should do it for your Star Wars, and you can do the front too. No one needs to know, it can be your little secret.

#102 8 days ago

Is everyone thinking the better leg plates is all that is needed? I've seen some folks putting L brackets in near the top of the cab corners, also.

#103 8 days ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

Is everyone thinking the better leg plates is all that is needed? I've seen some folks putting L brackets in near the top of the cab corners, also.

It's up to you. Personally I just did the leg plates and feel they are adequate on their own. Some extra L brackets up top are cheap additional protection if you feel so inclined.

#104 8 days ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

Here is what I did on my games, I used 3/4” wood screws with washers. The brackets are available at Home Depot.

#105 8 days ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

Since most of the torque that causes the split is coming up from the legs IMO, the B/W bracket is enough to arrest the problem. None of the ones I've upgraded have even a crack, let alone a split, and one of them has a divot in the cement flooring that holds the leg in place and causes extra tension when players try to nudge aggressively. Even that one has not had a problem.

#106 8 days ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is what I did on my games, I used 3/4” wood screws with washers. The brackets are available at Home Depot.

Slotted screws! Wow

#107 8 days ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Slotted screws! Wow

Didn’t feel like ordering screws and no one in town carried the Philip’s head in this style of screw, they actually worked really well.

#108 8 days ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Didn’t feel like ordering screws and no one in town carried the Philip’s head in this style of screw, they actually worked really well.

Yeah... I would've sold the game as firewood, before using slotted screws. Why those screws are even still being made, is a mystery to me.

#109 8 days ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

Why those screws are even still being made, is a mystery to me.

Slotted screw = cost cutting
    ...damn Stern

#110 8 days ago

Slotted screws are so 1940's

Quoted from DNO:Slotted screw = cost cutting
    ...damn Stern

#111 7 days ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

I went 3 levels of support!

573B9290-15F5-4929-BCE6-04E279945960 (resized).png70DEE77A-5B09-4C2E-B6AA-1AEAC3EC1BB4 (resized).pngACDE94B1-3B28-4383-8608-FC62AA3BBDF1 (resized).png
    #112 7 days ago

Step 1:
    Don't buy anything from Stern.

#113 7 days ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

I went 3 levels of support!

You should be good for a 5.5 earthquake or a shaker gone wild.

#114 7 days ago

Nevermind.

#115 6 days ago

I also posted this on the other cab issue thread:

I talked to Chas yesterday he told me they have several cabinet manufacturers that they buy from, one of their cab suppliers was doing something different and only cabs from that Manufacture have an intermittent issue. Stern is aware of the issue and know where the cabs were coming from. It sounds like they have taken steps to correct the issue with the MFG. one last note I was worried that if I did the Williams brackets in my games and still had a problem that it would potentially void my warranty, Chas told me he/Stern was fine with it if I wanted to install the Williams brackets. Chas says his big headache is not a random cabinet failure it’s people putting 6 and 12 way power splitters on their games and frying something then calling him to sort it out.

#116 6 days ago

He sounds like a reasonable kind of guy. Does he prefer people go through their distributors first before calling directly or is okay with being the contact?

#117 6 days ago

How would I find out what manufacture mine came from?

#118 6 days ago

Put the brackets on and sleep better.

#119 6 days ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

He sounds like a reasonable kind of guy. Does he prefer people go through their distributors first before calling directly or is okay with being the contact?

He's always been ready to help when I've called. He has never said "You should have called your distro first."

#120 2 days ago

A friend and I put plates on the front legs of my IMDN, MET and GOTG. Thanks for the reminder and info Vireland.

While we worked and played my friend and I concluded Stern makes wonky decisions sometimes but their games are awesome and paying $10 and 10 minutes a game for protection is better than spending thousands more for a pin with a more solid cab from another company.

#121 2 days ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

He's always been ready to help when I've called. He has never said "You should have called your distro first."

Chas is the BEST. A great asset to Stern.

#122 2 days ago

Love hearing Chas’s voice. Comforting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside