9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So, I saw this on ebay...

ebay.com link: PINBALL MACHINES FOR SALE BALLY WILLIAMS STERN CACTUS MEDIEVAL MONSTER ADDAMS

and was wondering why a group buy wouldn't work if done properly?

Of course, we would need somebody on site to oversee and verify the shipper and make sure it is not an elaborate scam. Maybe a local pinsider in Italy.

After all, lots of people are importing pins right now. Maybe it isn't from this seller but another trusted one that somebody else has dealt with in the past.

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments?

#2 9 years ago

Unbelievable. I didn't think anyone had that kind of inventory anymore !!

#3 9 years ago

I have always thought of this as well. I think it could work. It really depends on their prices and conditions. But say you get 10 people together, each person buys 3. They would all have to be delivered to one place and picked up/shipped from there. Imports do not bother me at all. If I am going to buy a routed game, I really don't care where it was routed. In fact, I think it would be cool to see the different labels on the coin door.

#4 9 years ago

These guys do have pins but a few of those pics are a couple of years old and are not of the games you would be buying. The are getting to their last stock of the pinball and they are pretty rough. They have been trying to sell these games for awhile and with the prices of games coming down in the US you most likely would be better off waiting for the a local game to turn up.

my 2 cents

#5 9 years ago

from the ad:

"Pinball machines is also a good investiment because they are always more and more difficult to find and for this reason the value will increase!"

Time to move $ around in the IRA - not.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

from the ad:
    "Pinball machines is also a good investiment because they are always more and more difficult to find and for this reason the value will increase!"
    Time to move $ around in the IRA - not.

haha yeah I got a good chuckle from that as well.

#7 9 years ago

Avoid like the plague. There is nothing good left, anything coming over now is going to be totally trashed.

#8 9 years ago

I have a bunch I'm working on that came from portugal. They are great if you know how to work on games, expect a lot of hacks, missing parts and games that get swapped out at the last minute.

The latest thing I have encountered is super glue been use on the playfield post's to keep them from breaking apart and the driver board.

#9 9 years ago

The only way to do it is to have your own agent on the ground to pack all the games themselves.

Otherwise you will have your ass ripped.

#10 9 years ago

This guy's been going at it for years. I do miss the funny descriptions of his games though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-game-motherlode-i-have-my-doubts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reimport-group-buy-from-italy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.