• Black Knight 2000 3 votes
    4%
  • Bride of Pinbot 10 votes
    13%
  • Jurrasic Park 5 votes
    6%

(80 votes)

#1 9 years ago

I polled this one not too far back, but it included a runaway winner: STTNG. Most people seemed to think that one shouldn't have been included in this list - RE: it's in another league. Here we go again, with it removed, and I replaced it's newly open spot with Jurassic Park.

So, if you could only choose one of these, which would it be? Clear winner or loser of the bunch in your opinion?

#2 9 years ago

These games are all so different it is impossible to have a balanced poll.

That said, of all these, most of which i or friends own, I keep going back to BK2K and BoP the most.

Chris

#3 9 years ago

For me Johnny Mnemonic is easily the best game on your list. If it had a better theme (Matrix), it most likely would be an "A" title. The gameplay & speed is top notch.

#4 9 years ago

I have owned or own BK2K, JM, BOP, JD. I still haven't got over the initial awesomeness of BK2K and it been in my collection the longest, to this day. JM has the best shots of these four and flows really nicely. BOP is beautiful and fun to play. JD has a ton of stuff to do.

Which one is better all depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Right now I'd say 1.JD 2.BOP 3. BK2K 4. JM.

#5 9 years ago

look at the top 100 as that is typically the way these polls work out 99% of the time. funhouse. (just a guess)

edit: wrote the above without looking/voting

#6 9 years ago

I had to settle on FH because I think it is so well-balanced, although BK2K is more fun.

FH pisses me off sometimes, it's not a relaxing game to play. But it is very satisfying to have a good game on. BK2K is fast and flows so well, yet I can still zone out more on it and enjoy the experience of the game. FH seems ready to screw you over the moment you blow a shot and isn't particularly relaxing...but it is a very well thought out, balanced game.

I don't have any experience with JM, so it could easily be just as awesome.

#7 9 years ago

It's funny, this poll is comprised of some of the best budget DMD games, and a couple of my least-favorite alphanumerics.

Jurassic Park, Dredd, World Cup, and Demo Man are great games. (Funhouse is solid, too.)

Bride of Pinbot is a one-shot game, and Black Knight 2K isn't much better in terms of gameplay variety.

#8 9 years ago

WCS is the best DMD game out of this litter, but Funhouse is the best choice from these tables. Rudy's world is a true player and a real classic.

After that:
JP and then a whole lot of meh.

#9 9 years ago

Clear losers with regard to gameplay are BK2K and BOP. One is a single-flipper button game, and the other is a one-shot game. Both have relatively cramped lower playfields and bigtime scoring imbalances on factory settings (BOP billion and BK2K ransom carryover). Their appeal is due to great themes, aesthetics, sounds, etc.

Best of the bunch is less clear cut, but my pick is JM. Speed, flow for days, underrated inventive multiball rules. The spinner can lead to a pretty bad scoring imbalance, but at least you have to play smart to line up multiballs, bonus x, bonus hold, and collect bonus to fully exploit it.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

For me Johnny Mnemonic is easily the best game on your list. If it had a better theme (Matrix), it most likely would be an "A" title. The gameplay & speed is top notch.

Speed? Although there is the glove element.

And this game has unbalanced scoring issues regarding bonus and spinner-mode. Sorry.

I like the game though.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Clear losers with regard to gameplay are BK2K and BOP. One is a single-flipper button game, and the other is a one-shot game. Both have relatively cramped lower playfields and bigtime scoring imbalances on factory settings (BOP billion and BK2K ransom carryover). Their appeal is due to great themes, aesthetics, sounds, etc.

Am I the only one to believe that BK2K and BOP both are having some of the worse and most annoying sound and music in all of pinball?

Plus the art package on these do not really do it for me. Although I will say, that the BOP backglass is very artistic and beautifully crafted.

#12 9 years ago

of these the winner for me is Johnny followed closely by WCS and then Demolition Man. Funhouse while being fantastic is a one trick pony, as is the Bride. BK2000 seems a bit outdated.

I would take out BK2000 and Funhouse and possibly BoP from the poll and add The Shadow, Tommy, Congo. That would leave us with good and deep, underrated, relatively cheap games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rehashed-vs-poll-dm-wcs-jd-fh-jm-bk2k-bop-jp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.