(Topic ID: 157581)

Regrets - Ok to Admit Here

By badbilly27

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scotty_p_(resized).jpg
    ad_1446971241_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

I regret selling Star Trip when I was unemployed. I regret not buying a HUO Spectrum for $600. I also regret not buying a working AFM for 2700 at auction.

But I've made some good decisions over the years and am really happy with the games I have now.

#52 7 years ago

I regret not getting into the hobby in '94 when I had the opportunity to buy a pin... I bought a motorcycle instead. Turns out I enjoy pins WAY more than I did motorcycles.

#53 7 years ago

I went to look at a Data East Star Wars once that I saw on Craigslist.
    When I got their house, there were MANY stairs, the cabinet was rough and needed a new start button.
    The kicker is, it was only $800!
    Ouch, why didn't I buy that??

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from johngravenews:

T3 - hated it from ball 1

Ha I was going to post biggest regret selling a mint T3 . Funny old game pinball isn't it

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We all regret this one pretty badly. Would love a BBB, but like the 15k in the bank more...

Ditto.

It wasn't the money per se, I just didn't have the balls/confidence that it would happen at the time. I was onboard for 4 of them too, but bailed on the whole thing too early.

This mistake caused me to "buy-in", when JJP started up, without hesitation.
    So as said before it all worked out sorta....

#56 7 years ago

I regret not raising my price per play years sooner. Trying to keep 50¢ play made me sell some good pins trying to stay open.

LTG : )

#57 7 years ago

Biggest regret is not making more time for play, so my WOZ would not consistently kick my butt. Love the game, the theme (I am from KS so give me a break), the layout and the light show. But for some reason I have players block when it comes to this pin. I progress with all my other pins, and I am not asking for it to be easy.....I pull the plunger on her and my mind goes to jelly. Very much a love-Hate relationship.

#58 7 years ago

Not having money when the prices were cheap. Actually I guess it's all relative. When they were cheap I was poorer, now that I have a little extra the prices have gone up. I blame all you bastards that are the exact same boat as me!

#59 7 years ago

Selling Popeye to help fund a Transformers Pro.

I had rescued Popeye from a laundromat where it had sat dirty and broken. Shopped it, added cool white LEDs and the game looked amazing. I even liked how it plays and the ruleset, I think it's underrated for sure. I wanted to get a TF Pro so it had to go to make room and help fund it. I had never gotten to Battle for Cybertron on location so I thought it would keep my interests longer term, but within a week I had already destroyed it (even got to Battle for Cybertron on 1 ball) and there is so much wood chopping in that game I had little desire to play it again. TF left within a month.

#60 7 years ago

I usually regret paying too much for super nice games. The initial joy of a NIB or beautiful restore is great, but my less pretty routed games play just as well and give me just as much fun. Also, I don't worry about scratching them and I can bring them to shows.

Now... On to the next NIB game.

#61 7 years ago

My biggest regrets were X's and O's and Vector, lost $500 each on those games and they never really grabbed me when I owned them.

#62 7 years ago

I regret selling Baywatch

All dat ass on the cabinet is greatly missed

#63 7 years ago

Never should have sold my Cyclopes. I got a decent amount for it but I miss it greatly.

#64 7 years ago

I regret not buying a house with a larger basement for more pins

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I regret not buying a house with a larger basement for more pins

I did that once, then I made sure had plenty of yard with the next one.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I regret selling Baywatch
    All dat ass on the cabinet is greatly missed

you mean dat flat ass? Those are definitely not nice asses on the baywatch cabinet

#67 7 years ago

Started collecting em's about 10 or 12 years ago. Was new to the hobby, and on business in Los Angeles. Heard a local prop house supplying set pieces to the movie industry had some games. Went by and checked them out, and they were all 1950's / 60' em arcade machines, mainly baseballs. Prop guy told me they were junk, as none of them worked and he had to rig them to light up. Company was moving warehouses and wanted them gone. I passed, because they were "junk". Hard to recognize sometimes when opportunity is staring you in the face.

#68 7 years ago

I regret arm wrestling Rick Stetta for the IFPA Championship of Pinball Arm Wrestling at Tim Arnolds.

#69 7 years ago

Family Guy...ugg

#70 7 years ago

Regretted buying a Fire Champagne Edition. Beautiful, beautiful games to look at and the plastic buildings are amazing on it and so well integrated into the theme. Unfortunately I had to do a lot of work and some was very, very frustrating and time consuming to get it working right. Once I finally did, I found out that for me the game play got boring rather fast.

FT bought it in 2007 for $1300 sold it 3-4 months later and that was dumb. Should have kept that one much, much longer. My dtr has asked many times for me to find a second one to bring home. But with room for only 4 games and how much they've gone up on price, I haven't been able to make that happen.

#71 7 years ago

Not buying AC/DC LE NIB.

#72 7 years ago

Gone through 70+ machines-all gens except Williams sys 7-- over the last 7 years - have 12 now..soon 13.

Top 3 pinball regrets:
    -Selling Paragon
    -Selling an excellent WPT with the matching playfield color middle strip (not the ugly white with black letters) so I could buy Indy500.
    -Buying Walking Dead NIB, and not ACDC Luci.

All 3 were such idiotic moves, I cannot say which is the worst?

#73 7 years ago

i don't know WPT for Indy 500 seems like a major step up.

#74 7 years ago

Making my game room to hold 8 pins.
    Not getting a MB when they were sub 4k.
    Not getting a HH when they seemed to be on CL every other week under 1500.

#75 7 years ago

I regret buying Judge Dredd. I hated it. I sold it two week later at a loss just to get it the hell out of my house. Crap game.

I also regret selling X's & O's. Out of the games I've sold, that is the only one I regret. It's another crap game, but the play was very different. It played "short", and was very frustrating to not get the last symbol in the board correctly. I used to play it as I did laundry in my basement. Jeepers, maybe I'll try to get in touch with the guy I sold it to and see what happened to it after that...

#76 7 years ago

Regret: Yeah, getting into pinball. I can't stop buying and I hate selling.

#77 7 years ago

Getting married.

But then I got divorced!

#78 7 years ago

Getting married to someone who had me sell all my pins to fund a horse hobby, and then getting divorced, and having no pins. The price of pins have doubled, and I'll never get them back for what I paid for.

#79 7 years ago

I regret not turning the light on in the bathroom last night. Nothing worse then setting down when the seat is up

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I regret not turning the light on in the bathroom last night. Nothing worse then setting down when the seat is up

I needed a laugh today. That sir is comedy gold!

#81 7 years ago

I regret ditching Spanish class...
    I went to a concert once and a really hot Mexican girl sat down next to me. We genuinely tried to speak and failed miserably. I really should have gone to Spanish class that semester. Not only would I not have had to pay for that class twice but that night could have been a lot more awesome.

#82 7 years ago

I always regret when I fall asleep, with a half finished beer, and have to dump it in the morning. Also Stargate. I hated Stargate. Pretty, but shitty in my opinion.

#83 7 years ago

I regret thelse last 9 beers. I have to get up early tomorrow.

#84 7 years ago

I passed on a Baywatch for 1100. I tried to get them to drop to 1k. This was back in 2010, and Baywatch was probably going for 1500 at the time. Of course now...

#85 7 years ago

Regrets:
    - Having sold my zaccaria Blackbelt. It's a rare pin, even on the side of the Atlantic, and it has a good layout. The "Zaccaria touch" for the ruleset is a nice change. Will be hard to find another one but I informed the buyer that the day he would sell it, he may contact me first!
    - I had to sell my LOTR as I needed the $ - can't say I regret the sale... but I miss the game.
    - Stayed until the end on the sinking Predator boat. Should have known better.
    - Never met Python. He was an interesting character. We'll meet on the other side then.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I see many threads where people ask for opinions on specific games or specific game reviews. Many times it turns into "how dare you" by the current owners or "just be happy we have companies making games". I'm not sure when it became such a crime to share an honest opinion about disappointment or a purchase regret.

Welcome to the thread where you can be 100% honest.

Quoted from badbilly27:

JPOP? RAZA? Thanks for removing that memory block spell I had put on me. That and the whole preorder mess, let's agree to leave in it's own thread.

Well, that didn't last long.

#87 7 years ago

I'm about to sell my TAF I've had for 17 years to buy a Met Pro. Reading all the people on here who regret selling theirs for another game is making me regret reading this thread...

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I did that once, then I made sure had plenty of yard with the next one.

And you shore done good!

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

could have been worse. Could have fell in, hit the water, and realized it hasn't been flushed after several times, and a big poopie in it.

#90 7 years ago

I regret not jumping immediately on a Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom almost 15 years ago. The price was great and it was very close to where I lived back then. I called the seller and should have immediately made an appointment with him, but had another appointment that evening, which I held onto. After that, it was gone.

Some time later I speak to this Dutch pinball dealer. He knows I had been after the pin and casually tells me that it is him that bought the machine. 'Oh by the way: it is in amazing shape as well.' Thanks for telling me, man. Awesome.

I stopped kicking myself for it years ago, but it's still not a nice remembrance. Might very well have been the only Voltan existing in the Netherlands. I've never made a mistake like that again.

Over the years I 've had my share of good finds, though. So no need to feel sorry for me.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption
    I planned each charted course
    Each careful step along the byway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way
    Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I ate it up and spit it out
    I faced it all and I stood tall
    And did it my way

I regret it when people use song lyrics in their posts.
    You know it makes me wanna Shout!
    Kick my heels up and Shout!
    Throw my hands up and Shout!
    Throw my head back and Shout!

#92 7 years ago

I regret buying high and selling low in all aspects of life, including pinball. As for that, it's allowed me buy and sell a lot of cool games and related stuff and to pass them on to great people. Some of them have become friends. So on second thought - except for pinball, I hate buying high and selling low.

#93 7 years ago

I regret selling Dr Who... 3 different times.

#94 7 years ago

I regret selling my Whirlwind to a buddy as I needed space... I should have chosen something else to sell. (lt was closest to the door) lol.
    I also regret not getting in on the BBB remake in 2004. I felt that I did the right thing for a few years there, but when they finally did get made I was really sad I didn't suck it up and take the chance...
    -S

#95 7 years ago

Pre-ordering Ghostbusters pro a couple months ago only to find out stern is delaying production to at least July

#96 7 years ago

Regret

Many years ago: pulling my uncle's finger.

#97 7 years ago

I regret jumping on my uncle's back when he started to climb up the silo ladder. But I learned not to trust adults after that, so it was good, I suppose. 12 feet is a long fall for a little kid.

#98 7 years ago

Regrets.... Several.
    Getting involved and losing $5k on Predator. Spending money and waiting years for a WoZ that I ended up getting rid of in less than a month [hated it]. Selling my clearcoated/decaled TAF for $5500 a few years ago [don't miss the game but could have gotten WAY more for it]. Selling the nicest Congo on the planet for what turned out to be WAY too little.
    Was standing at Gene's booth with $2500 in hand to preorder a BBB at 2004 expo. Decided not to chance it and went home with a TZ and a demo man with that money. Ah Well.
    Had an offer for a NIB Tron LE +1K cash for my clearcoated/restored AFM when they came out and turned it down.
    But it's all good. It's only pinball. It's not all about money and I wouldn't have what I have now without buying and selling.

#99 7 years ago

Selling my The Simpsons Pinball Party I had purchased NIB

#100 7 years ago

Going through some old e-mails this weekend and found one from a few years back with a quote for a ST LE and an AC/DC Luci...both of which I didn't buy, but am kicking myself now for not picking them up.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/regrets-ok-to-admit-here/page/2?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.