Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Apple at $16.

#52 4 years ago

I seldom pass on arcade/pinball stuff. I usually miss out on it. Hesitate for a day and it's usually gone. I get more sentimental about games I missed out on than girls I missed out on

#53 4 years ago

A really nice Spectrum for $600 10 years ago.

#54 4 years ago

A fully restored EBD for around $4500 i think when our dollar was parity with yours. Full nickel plating on everything.Sold by Pinball Clinic. I still keep the pictures. One over the top resto.

And about 30 others but that's the one I remember most. If it was you and you want to sell PM me lol

#55 4 years ago

Mata Hari with script dagger glass fully working $200 a year ago.

#56 4 years ago

Every single game I passed on pre-4ish years ago. $3500 MB, $3500 MM, $2500 CV, $5000 CC, $1200 WH2O, BBB pre-order, etc...I'd buy ALL of them if I could go back in time. I did get a lot of great deals in retrospect even if I did miss out on some too.

#57 4 years ago

I like hearing about all the deals before pinball blew up like it has in the last 4 years but no one could of predicted the future or everyone wld have bought to resell. I like hearing about the deals passed on in recent years and why? Myself well ive only been in the hobby a year and a half and pretty much bought any decent deal ive come across lol but did pass on 1k nice baywatch,1100 lah, 1200 jm , 1300 sg and some others but ive also gotten some killer deals on projects that made up for it and im really happy with my current collection and don't have regrets. O yea maybe the 1600 wcs because I really want one and now they are mid 2ks

#58 4 years ago

Since I started collecting in 1988 I've pretty much never passed on a good deal, hence why I have way too many games, but I do regret not getting in on BBB when Gene revealed it at Expo in 2004.

Before 1988 I was offered a Non-Working Haunted House for a couple of hundred bucks, looks awfully good in retrospect!!

#59 4 years ago

$400 Spirit in a warehouse sale 20 years ago. Bought a $100 Top Score instead.

#60 4 years ago

Not sure if best deal, but super rare. Lochness monster, Capcom kingpin. They were well beyond what I was comfortable paying, thought long and hard.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Biggest regret -- not getting into the hobby about 6 years earlier

This

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I passed on a Joust maybe 12 years ago because I had no easy way to get it out (of a basement).
Now I can move just about anything, but of course can't find a Joust for twice that price.

not trying to make you feel bad, but the playfield cabinet portion detaches from the base with 4 lag bolts. another two lag bolts hold the each of the legs onto the base.

that's how I got one into my '99 mountaineer about 14 years ago

#63 4 years ago

I bought a TOM a few years back for 2800 and that was average then. sold it 2 months later for 3500 thinking it was a good deal. now I cant buy it for what I sold it for. Because now I collect and a want it for myself.

#64 4 years ago

2 YEARS FROM NOW------- Not buying a KISS LE when I had a chance.

#65 4 years ago

Bryan Kelly's personal Monster Bash. A local friend purchased it and got tired of it after about a year. It was offered to me for $5500.

2 weeks later
#66 4 years ago

A Spirit of '76 and a Pat Hand together for $200. I let my wife talk me out of that deal, and I still bitterly regret it.

#67 4 years ago

Maybe not regrets, but the right deal at the absolute wrong time.

TZ back in 2007 for $1000. Had literally just paid for a NIB TSPP so couldn't swing it.

A REALLY nice Williams IJ for $3400 about 4 years ago. Again, I had JUST paid for a new Tron when IJ became available. Could only do one.

#68 4 years ago

HUO TZ. $3200 three years ago. Had no money. It gets worse, when I finally bought one, I was in my mad "try every game then sell it" mode so I let a great conditioned one go for $4400. Wanna sell it back???

#69 4 years ago

Scared Stiff $1800, TAF Gold $2500

#70 4 years ago

Eeek. That's harsh.

#71 4 years ago

$3200 Monster Bash back in 2004.

$1000 Judge Dredd in 2006.

$1700 Sample HUO TZ in 2008.

$2000 TZ in 2010.

1 month later
#72 4 years ago

Sold a minty Grand Lizard & Skateball for $300 each, because I didn't have space.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside