Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vanilla
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150409_192350.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Ok so Ive got a GTB Spin Wheel, somewhere along its ownership path the serial numbers were obliterated, cab front, pf cert, inside cab etc. I still like to have this machine on the IPSND site, so we can get a tally of the machines still in existence....

I proposed taking out a number above the valid range and adding an R to suggest replacement and I made mention in the notes when I submitted it.

"Original serial numbers wiped from this game. Took first number after the base plus production run. R for replacement."

The websites response:

Submitters and nudgers take note: Photoshopped and reproduction labels are not submissible. Only photographs of original Manufacterers' labels are acceptable. Creating and submitting a label with "...first number after the base plus production run. R for replacement." is not acceptable. *** Please submit only genuine numbers supported by genuine Manufacturers' certificates. *** Reproduction labels will be flagged and stripped of positive nudges.

Its their site, they have the last say...

I just wish there was a way to list games that the original serial number can not be determined. Id be happy with "Repl 0001" and would tag it as such. But it should show up in the list for that game.

20150409_192350.jpg

Ken

#2 4 years ago

So there is no way of reading the serial number? Even on the brace between the cash box and motor board? That label, has a 'R' is that something you printed? Has this game been in an insurance right off? Was it (and I hope not) at one time stolen, then recovered? Some times operators erased the visible numbers to avoid the tax man.

#3 4 years ago

If the numbers aren't visible, a blacklight *might* reveal something where they once were, depending upon how they were removed.

While it's good to keep track of the number of machines still in existence, just inventing non-existent serial numbers sets all the other machine records askew.

You could try submitting a "?" mark in the serial number field instead.

#4 4 years ago

Is a number stamped into the wood on the front of the cabinet?

#5 4 years ago

The original cert was removed, yes the cert is something I did, picking a number outside the range and tacking on an R.

The wood where the serial number would have been has been gouged out, blacklight would not help. And the bar behind the cash box has been painted.

How about "Repl 00001" for a number?

#6 4 years ago

There's also sometimes a serial number on the top or sides of the backbox, if you haven't checked already.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

The original cert was removed, yes the cert is something I did, picking a number outside the range and tacking on an R.
The wood where the serial number would have been has been gouged out, blacklight would not help. And the bar behind the cash box has been painted.
How about "Repl 00001" for a number?

Just a guess here, but if your format ever caught on and, using your number as an example, someone might at some point omit the alphas when referring to it in a for-sale ad and call it 00001 which would give the game a new meaning and them a few more bucks.

Consider giving it a number consisting entirely of alphas, like your last name. For sure everyone would know that serial number "OBAMA" was not a factory-assigned number.

#8 4 years ago

Look under the card stapled on the brace between the coin box and the main relay board in the body as Darcy commented above.

I was just in a 2001 parts cabinet I have the other day and confirmed the presence of a serial number here. Don't know if they were doing it in the Spin Wheel era.

#10 4 years ago

i can say i only have seen it under the tilt board 68-69ish maybe not to many years for sure. can't hurt to look just 2 screws

2 months later
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I just wish there was a way to list games that the original serial number can not be determined.

Not on the IPSND. That site is for historical research and to fabricate primary data would muddy it. You can, however, add your game to owners lists websites, of which there are a few out there. One such site is www.pinballowners.com. The games are listed by the owner's usernames, not serial number.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 64.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside