Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211219-073943_Gallery (resized).jpg
    1F15856C-4472-4505-9D19-88A57BD2F0CB (resized).jpeg
    index (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-154946_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-154936_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
    7EA9D428-20B0-45A3-9ADC-A93DACCFAE1D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20211208-222549_Gallery (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago

Looks like a forklift puncture. I'd have checked if the cabinet looked damaged in that spot... but for a first game not sure I'd have the guts to risk anything being overlooked

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoxxy:

People on this forum is ruining pinball in a lot of circumstances. If the machine is fine, why do we care that there's a hole in the packaging? These are turning into daily threads. It's a 350 lb item, the packaging gets damaged in transit. As long as the machine is fine who cares. The packaging ends up at the recycler, not the machine.

The problem is that a first time owner isn't always able to tell if something is wrong upon first inspection. If you're experienced sure, but not a first time buyer.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

You’d be surprised at how badly damaged a box can be and how unaffected the contents will be. They box and pack the games to protect them, that’s what the packing is for.
    I recommend taking pics before the box comes off the truck, then check out the contents of the box where the damage is while the driver waits. Then ensure it’s annotated on the paperwork. I don’t care how pushy the driver gets or how much of a rush they’re in. Most of the damage comes from driver anyway as they are the ones who are moving other pallets and boxes around. I always seem to be the last delivery so my package has been moved, bumped and scuffed several times.
    If you plan on getting more pins via shipping, I’d recommend developing a good relationship with the driver and don’t forget to tip. Your items will likely be treated better in the future.
    Nothing was wrong with the contents of the box in attached pic, but it does look seriously damaged.
    [quoted image]

I think this is great evidence that if you can inspect you should, even with minor damage. You don't know if it was just jostled around or had something stacked on the box or if the whole thing was dropped which is obviously going to be a huge difference in potential damage. A drop could result in minor box damage but do some bad stuff to the cabinet or mechanisms, or there could be large damage to the box that left the cabinet completely fine.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Maxforwardspeed:

They found a small scuff mark on the side of the cabinet art, what should I do?

If it can be guaranteed that the damage is limited to that I'd take it. your distributor sounds pretty good so far, I'd even ask if they can set it up at their shop and give it a test play to ensure it's cosmetic only.

The real concern is what caused that hole and if there is just a scuff it sounds like a forklift penetrated the box but didn't do anything beyond cosmetic to the cabinet.

#73 2 years ago

They said 3 options are:
    a.) $200 off (cost of decals) or
    b.) replacement decals or
    c.) They'll install the replacement decals and then send it
    They've been great to work with. I'm inclined to just take the discount though and accept it. Here's a photo: [quoted image][quoted image]

If it didn't even dent the wood there's very low odds the damage are anything more than that scuff. Seems to confirm the box was pierced but just barely.
    I'd take it.
    I'm impatient though and I'm the type to pay extra to get it today rather than wait.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

It looks like it got gouged by another pallet (the corner-edge), while it was getting unloaded from the truck.
    Working in logics, I've seen my fair share of damaged freight. Forklift damage is at a whole another level compared to this.

Yeah you're probably right. If it was a forklift operator they were being very gentle

Yeah I probably would never do it. I'm guessing the cab damage discount for this kind of smudge is more of a hit than the $200?

It's pretty minor but if you're a buyer and have the option between a mint unit and one with a scuff... that's what is going to hurt you, certain people may not eve consider it with damage.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yes folks, we get it. We want our NIB games to be perfect. But shit happens, and some people get screwed (been waiting for over a YEAR for my promised replacement PF from Stern). The fact OP has options is awesome! He can completely back out or get a discounted game with the most freggin minor of blemishes. Literally zero risk in this situation.
    The whole resale thing is ridiculous. He's getting a discount so who cares? He's not paying full price. And what "collector" is going to lowball over the smallest scuff on a F'ing JP Home model? Also, what "collector" wants a Home model?!?!?

I actually didn't realize it was a home model. That does change things, I think you're right that the type of person to buy a home version is going to be a lot less nitpicky than someone buying a traditional machine.

#111 2 years ago

They're bringing it to me on their local delivery truck using their own guys this Friday. They are awesome!
    Now I need to figure out how to move it from the garage to the basement, and no, I don't have an escalara!

A basic dolly will work as long as you don't have a non-standard staircase. Make sure you have some ratchet straps and a moving blanket type thing to protect the cabinet.

Of all the arcade games I have my pinball machine was the easiest one to navigate my stairway.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not like he will make money on a home pin. Be lucky to break even.

That depends on a lot of factors. If pinball keeps getting more popular and prices keep rising home editions are going to look very attractive to new players.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/refused-delivery-on-our-first-pin?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.