Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by joemamma
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

We have a number of playfields ready to go for sale. Currently for sale:

Scared stiff. $1200
Whitewater. &975
Nos Twilight Zone with mini nos plastic set. $1200
Monster bash. $1500

Soon to be ready

Simpsons with mini. $900
Monopoly. $900
Funhouse. $1000
Attack from mars. $1000
Lethal weapon. $800
Judge dredd. $950
A few others I can't recall.

#2 6 years ago

So to summarize you sell "refurbished" clear coated playfield 50% higher than a brand new one, right ?

Example for the TZ:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-31-1002-50020&Category_Code=GS-2684

EDIT: I already apologized for making this comment. I did not know repro quality is not as good as a proper refurbished one.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

So to summarize you sell "refurbished" clear coated playfield 50% higher than a brand new one, right ?

LMAO!!!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Example for the TZ:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-31-1002-50020&Category_Code=GS-2684

before you thread crap, you might want to think it through just a BIT more...

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Example for the TZ:

Believe it or not, some people prefer a restored playfield over a repro.

#6 6 years ago

I would much rather purchase an original playfield the has been restored and coated than a re-production playfield.

If I had a little more spending money and time, I'd snag that Scared Stiff in a hurry. Good luck!

#7 6 years ago

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your work.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Example for the TZ:http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPS-31-1002-50020&Category_Code=GS-2684

Sorry, but I'd take an original clear coated TZ playfield (assuming it's restored to a "High End" level comparable to HEP, Kruzman, or HSA) for $1,200 over a Mirco unit any day. No dimple issues to correct, shooter lanes problems, incorrect colors, etc. Most guys doing top notch restoration work would send a new Mirco unit out for clear coating rework anyway, so the $1,200 price tag seems pretty reasonable to me if the quality is there.

#9 6 years ago

According to the post, the TZ PF is NOS, too.

#10 6 years ago

Any chance there is a Space Invaders coming up?

#11 6 years ago

Doing a playfield swap on a restored original is 5X's easier than a new repo field. Most arn't dimpled or marked in any way. I've had to redo and fix the clearcoat on most of those repos anyway. Or fix art areas that didn't take during the screening process.

#12 6 years ago

Thankfully my playfields are in great shape and should be easy restores for whomever I send them to, therefore keeping the cost down. But, if they weren't, I'd go the restored original or NOS route. No question.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

According to the post, the TZ PF is NOS, too.

I've seen the term "NOS" thrown around quite liberally in the world of pinball.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've seen the term "NOS" thrown around quite liberally in the world of pinball.

True enough, but this is the only one in the list that is specifically called out as NOS. Plus this is a guy who has been around going well back in to RGP days with a decent rep, so I expect that it probably is actually an NOS field. I'll leave it to him to answer that though.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Scared Stiff. $1200
Whitewater. &975
Monster Bash. $1500
Soon to be ready
Simpsons with mini. $900
Monopoly. $900
Funhouse. $1000
Attack from Mars. $1000
Lethal Weapon. $800
Judge Dredd. $950

What's your price on an Addams?
Any BSD's?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

When you get a chance to check on those, let us know please. I'm curious what the others are.

#17 6 years ago

The OP (Chris) is a good and honest guy who has been involved with pinball for a number of years. Bump and GLWS.

Brad

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Example for the TZ:

Leo,

Thanks for the help selling my playfield. I didn't see the one from planetary being nos or coming with a nos full plastic set. I must have missed that. For the record the mini of is NOT NOS and I don't "throw that term around" without being sure. You don't have to respond Leo but I'm betting you will since you shot your mouth off without thinking already once. I've installed several new repros and would never consider using them as they come, you can if you want but I always do a clearcoat and polish it before putting it in. Maybe you aren't as particular as to the quality of your games when finished as I am. No harm, no foul man. Maybe I'm a bit anal but I figure if I'm doing that much work I'd rather do the best possible.

If anyone is interested and wants to make an offer I won't be offended at all. If it isn't what I have in it I'll say no... Again no harm no foul.

I'm not getting rich doing this but I am doing high quality work that beats the new repro quality. I'm not saying that to run the repros down. They are in fact VERY NICE and without them the availability of worn out playfields would not be what it is for me. I can buy blown out playfields like we used to buy blown out MM, MB, ETC. and actually make a couple bucks doing the repairs to them. Like I use to do 10+ years ago with pinball machines. Before it became popular to the general public and everybody got into doing that. Now you can't find a diamond in the rough game to repair and sell but I can with playfields.

My playfields aren't for everyone and if they aren't for you I'm a-ok with that. We are a two man operation who do this for fun and to bring these dead soldiers back if possible. Hopefully we can put a little coin in our pocket along they way.

To those who know and supported me in this thread I say THANKS A LOT!!!! You ARE the people I'm doing this for. Again, if you want one of these and the price is higher than you want to pay make an offer, worst case I say no but won't be hurt even by low ball offers (I need a good laugh sometimes)!

Last thing, no bsd, af or space invaders, sorry. We can do your playfield if you strip it and send it to me. $350 for sand, clear and polish. $85/ hr for repair work. We can even do some custom work if you know what you want. Most playfields not totally blown out can be repaired and cleared for $6-900. I'd have to see pix before I can say for sure but we have done some real turds and they look great when finished.

All My Best,

Chris Kruger

#19 6 years ago

Ok, I did not know there was such a difference between refurb original ones and brand new repro. It seems obvious for several pinsiders that repro are not as good as original.

My mistake , and GLWS

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

For the record the mini of is NOT NOS and I don't "throw that term around" without being sure.

That's good to know. I wasn't doubting you, but I am always careful when I see that used. Some don't even know what it stands for when they post their ad. From what I gather here, you are a straight shooter that does quality work.
GLWS!

#21 6 years ago

NOS= new old school right

#22 6 years ago

something like that.

Looks like the fh, afm, tz, and ss. Are spoke for. If that changes I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Chris

#23 6 years ago

Do you have any pics of your restored playfields?

#24 6 years ago

Chris what's your turn around time for pfs with minor touch up repair? Say for instance ball drop damage?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Leo,
We can do your playfield if you strip it and send it to me. $350 for sand, clear and polish. $85/ hr for repair work. We can even do some custom work if you know what you want. Most playfields not totally blown out can be repaired and cleared for $6-900. I'd have to see pix before I can say for sure but we have done some real turds and they look great when finished.
All My Best,
Chris Kruger

I was considering purchasing a AC/DC Pro until I saw the huge fugly face right in the middle of the lower playfield. How much to remove it and replace it with something else? Custom work?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Sorry, but I'd take an original clear coated TZ playfield (assuming it's restored to a "High End" level comparable to HEP, Kruzman, or HSA) for $1,200 over a Mirco unit any day. No dimple issues to correct, shooter lanes problems, incorrect colors, etc. Most guys doing top notch restoration work would send a new Mirco unit out for clear coating rework anyway, so the $1,200 price tag seems pretty reasonable to me if the quality is there.

Why the hate for Mirco playfields? I think the clear on the Mirco playfields are very good. I have cleared playfields by Mirco, HSA, and Bill Davis. HSA is "clearly" the best. Honestly, I think bullets would bounce off their clear. However, the Mirco cleared playfields are very nice too. Unfortunately, my Bill Davis cleared playfield looks like it was sitting outside the spray booth and just got some mist (very thin clear).

Chris - How does the AFM that you cleared compare to the Mirco AFM?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Scared Stiff. $1200
Whitewater. &975
Monster Bash. $1500
Soon to be ready
Simpsons with mini. $900
Monopoly. $900
Funhouse. $1000
Attack from Mars. $1000
Lethal Weapon. $800
Judge Dredd. $950

Any chance of BoP restore. i really need one bad.

#28 6 years ago

I seen these playfields at Joemamma's party. They are in great condition and he knows his stuff. I do hope a BOP or a Flintstones pops up for me to purchase. Maybe even prepare for an Addams Family with a nice playfield.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Any chance of BoP restore. i really need one bad.

Damn it, you beat me to it. If you do consider me next in line.

Are you taking on new work? If so I may get to the point of just stripping mine down and sending it off. Seems nobodys taking on new work now

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

My playfields aren't for everyone and if they aren't for you I'm a-ok with that. We are a two man operation who do this for fun and to bring these dead soldiers back if possible.

Well said brother. Good luck with the work you guys are doing.

#31 6 years ago

Chris is my FAVORITE pin buddy He does amazing work and is a gem of a guy!

#32 6 years ago

I'm traveling today and I will answer all questions when I get a few minutes later this week. Quickly I'd say the acdc would be tough but not impossible. If you have a picture of what u want it would be helpful. Right now I have two customer owned playfields in the que. After that we do our own until we get a customer playfield. Those two should be done in 4-5 weeks. I have a couple people who have said they want to be next but we will do them in the order received. Right now I would take 3-5 playfields to repair but don't want to get to many so we will disappoint on turnaround time. I've been asked about system 11 and I guess we haven't done any so I don't know about the insert issues. I'd be glad to try one and see how it goes.

Can someone explain the system 11 problems seen in the past?

Turn around time is usually 4-6 weeks start to finish.

Look for pix on google + under joe mamma.

Chris

#33 6 years ago

Oh yea thanks again to all my friends and the kind words About our work. We try hard to do quality work!!!!

Chris Kruger.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Why the hate for Mirco playfields? I think the clear on the Mirco playfields are very good. I have cleared playfields by Mirco, HSA, and Bill Davis. HSA is "clearly" the best. Honestly, I think bullets would bounce off their clear. However, the Mirco cleared playfields are very nice too. Unfortunately, my Bill Davis cleared playfield looks like it was sitting outside the spray booth and just got some mist (very thin clear).
Chris - How does the AFM that you cleared compare to the Mirco AFM?

I don’t “hate” Mirco’s playfields; I’ve purchased and installed several of them (as well as all the other manufacturers). I’m glad CPR, IPB, and Mirco make reproduction playfields. More often than not I see original playfields that aren’t worth salvaging (based on the monetary investment required to restore them). For example, I can pay Chris H. $2,000+ to restore my fathom playfield or I can buy a CPR repro and have it touched up and clear coated for less money.

In my experience (maybe I’m more anal than others) there is no such thing as a perfect playfield – even after it’s been “restored”. The guys mass producing repro playfields wouldn’t make any money if they spent 40+ hours touching up print issues, addressing registration issues, re-clear coating, and buffing the playfields until you can see your reflection in them (like looking in a mirror). That is why guys like Kruzman, HSA, etc. - exist. For the collectors and restorers that want to take their machine to the next level, which just isn’t practical for Mirco, CPR, or IPB.

Personally, I have never purchased a repro playfield that I thought was close to prefect. I always send them out for re-work (CPR, IPB, Mirco, all of them). I want my restorations to be as close to perfect as humanly possible. This costs me a premium, but it’s worth it to me.

FYI – repros always present challenges that original playfields don’t: (1) shooter lane depth and length, (2) incorrect dimple locations, (3) too much clear or not enough clear, (4) none of them are ever buffed enough, (5) routing issues – incorrect depths or locations, and so on. I’ve done it both ways and in my experience I find installing repros is more work for the above reasons. However, sometimes it just doesn’t make sense to restore the originals, like when the SOL hole on AFM is the size of a tennis ball.

#35 6 years ago

Do you have any photos of your previous work? Anyone vouching for what you have done or have bought from you? Just curious, as there have been some fly by night restorers testing the waters before that turned out horribly. Not saying that is you, but I'm debating one, and would like some background.

#36 6 years ago

I don’t “hate” Mirco’s playfields

Sorry....I was really asking why some Pinsiders prefer other options over Mirco playfields. "Hate" was a poor choice of word on my part. I keep forgetting that forum posts can be interpretted many different ways. My bad.

I think your statements concerning the challanges of a repro playfield are spot on. I had HSA clear my IPB CFTBL and TAF playfields. Despite being new, there were plenty of cosmetic issues to resolve prior to clear. Of course, that wasn't the worst part. Both had several issues with hole locations, missing holes, wrong size holes etc. That said, I sure like having options like IPB, Mirco, CPR, etc.

Can you (or a fellow Pinsider) enlighten on the benefits of re-clearing a Mirco playfield? What will happen if I leave it as is?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Do you have any photos of your previous work? Anyone vouching for what you have done or have bought from you? Just curious, as there have been some fly by night restorers testing the waters before that turned out horribly. Not saying that is you, but I'm debating one, and would like some background.

http://pinballmiked.com/

He's got some great Youtube videos and series.

#38 6 years ago

I bought a RS playfield from joemamma for a restoration project for me a needed a new playfield as inserts were starting to crack everywhere and he happened to have one. I usually use HSA for restorations and I have not found any faults with their restorations other than the waiting time. I have done a MB, AFM, and TZ, with reproduction playfields and they are much tougher to do a swap on, the benefit of buying from seller is he has the playfield and it is all done already no teardown and waiting for it to get back. As far as the quality goes I would say between a stage 1 and stage 2 with HSA, clear is applied well and polished nicely, shooter lane done nice, I have 1 small imperfection on the clear but its minimal, check my thread or my other restorations I am happy with it and am a bit picky so thre is your review, I am just happy I found one, especially one that was done already.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-pinball-full-restoration-for-ohio-show-in-30-days
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-full-restoration-in-20-days

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Sorry....I was really asking why some Pinsiders prefer other options over Mirco playfields. "Hate" was a poor choice of word on my part. I keep forgetting that forum posts can be interpretted many different ways. My bad.
I think your statements concerning the challanges of a repro playfield are spot on. I had HSA clear my IPB CFTBL and TAF playfields. Despite being new, there were plenty of cosmetic issues to resolve prior to clear. Of course, that wasn't the worst part. Both had several issues with hole locations, missing holes, wrong size holes etc. That said, I sure like having options like IPB, Mirco, CPR, etc.
Can you (or a fellow Pinsider) enlighten on the benefits of re-clearing a Mirco playfield? What will happen if I leave it as is?

No worries.

My experience with Mirco playfields is limited to WH2O and AFM. The WH2O needed artwork corrections (Willy’s hat, some stuff in the boulder garden area, etc.) and the clear was much thicker in certain areas. There was also a lot of dust and debris in the clear coat. Some of the inserts looked cupped due to the thick clear built up around them. The AFM clear job was better, but it wasn’t perfect – still thicker than it needed to be. The main issues for me were the shooter lane, SOL hole, and incorrect dimple locations (flipper and slingshot were both off on one side).

In general, I think thicker clear jobs dimple easier (or at least it’s more noticeable) and adversely affect the physic of the pinballs during game play.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Think he was asking Joemamma for pictures

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

wait, is he and joemamma the same person?

#42 6 years ago

Hey Joe - where is the Fathom playfield for sale

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Nope.... I don't do playfields.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from devils4ever:

I was considering purchasing a AC/DC Pro until I saw the huge fugly face right in the middle of the lower playfield. How much to remove it and replace it with something else? Custom work?

If you want custom work, I can do that for you. Done a ton of playfields custom for people.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

something like that.
Looks like the fh, afm, tz, and ss. Are spoke for. If that changes I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Chris

And the mb looks to be spoken for too. I'll try to get back to everyone this weekend. Thanks again for all the interest, kind words and especially to those who are buying playfields!

Chris

#46 6 years ago

Oh yea and whitewater is maybe spoke for, at least an interested person looking at it.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you want custom work, I can do that for you. Done a ton of playfields custom for people.

I was half-joking/half-serious about that, but it is fugly.

I don't know if doing this would hurt the resale value.

#48 6 years ago

I have had a few things recently done by Neo and his work is very nice and priced fairly!

#49 6 years ago

Think he was asking Joemamma for pictures

Quoted from Atomicboy:

D'oh!

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I want Future Spa redone in the prototype art....but I don't have 50 grand to pay you to do it. LOL.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside