Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15554FED-A62A-4393-8F69-0DF0C18EC849 (resized).jpeg
    1668464749779658386181223090939_66539381383902 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago

The best advice in this thread is for you to check the laws in your jurisdiction.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

$200 not worth all the time and headaches to me. Best advice is to not get into these situations where deal is unclear and buyer expects to make payments at his convenience.

I totally agree that $200 isn’t worth the drama. Especially since the buyer knows where the seller lives (assuming, since he saw the game twice). I’d just refund it, but seems like the OP wants to keep it. If that’s the case, he should check the law before doing so.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Nah. For $200, it’s a quick decision one way or the other. I shouldn’t have to research local laws because someone flaked on me. Not worth my time.

What if the law in your area states no deposit is non-refundable unless expressly written on a receipt? If you try to keep it then you’re breaking the law. If OP wants to keep the deposit, he should check the laws in his area first. Gotta protect yourself

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I learned something new today; Pinball Receipts.

Honestly, we are at that point which is really pathetic. Although I sold a game and deposited the money in my bank, so I might be on the lookout for a purchase receipt that I can give to the IRS when they come knocking haha

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd love to hear the story how he wandered down to the local PD and explain he was filing a complaint that he lost a $200 deposit after stringing the seller out for 7 months.
    The cops would throw him out on his ear.

Agreed. But what if he files in small claims court? Then you have to go to court over $200?

#73 1 year ago

Hey OP, I think all pete_d and I are saying is make sure you’re legally allowed to keep the deposit if you decide to do so.

Also keep in mind that you can get taken to court regardless if you are right or wrong. There are plenty of bored people around that love going to court.

I’m honestly not sure how this is becoming heated. I’ve been in this type of situation before and I wish someone had told me what could happen with irrational people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/refunding-deposit-on-used-game-sale?tu=snes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.