Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zavadoza
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

madea keepin deposit (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190218-004323~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190218-004316~2 (resized).png
    IMG_20190217_150821252_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190217_150830834_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I say no refund. Period.
    This is something I learned the hard way over the years trying to be overly fair.
    In the early days of doing this I would accept the games with no deposit at all.
    After a while I figured I was storing and insuring them on my dime and when people would bail it was actually costing me money. It also made it impossible to understand my true workload or inventory.
    Then I started doing a $500 refundable deposit.
    Flakes would send games and either move the money from one job to the next or transfer ownership and move it from one owner to the next or use it to ship the game back.
    Next I went to a $1000 non refundable non transferable deposit and that seems to have cured it for the most part.
    What good is a deposit if you cannot either or
    A) Count on the sale
    B)Count on the work
    C) Use the money to offset cost and liabilities
    D)Keep it if A,B,or C become pointless through no fault of your own.

1000000% this. A deposit is your "earnest money" for the game. If you flake out, or change your mind, you don't get a free do-over with no consequences. The oonly reason you'd refund him is if you plan to do anther deal with him, or to protect your rep on Pinside. Since at least half of Pinside is telling you (IMO rightly) to keep it, keep it.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jaymach1:

Update: He messaged me back and said he understood but hoped I appreciated I didn't have to make the insane drive. His words

Stop communicating with him man - he gave you the deposit then flaked out. $200 lesson for him

Is this guy a Pinsider? Open call for him to step up and hear why he thinks he deserves the $200 back

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/refund-deposit-or-not-?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.