DSCN1337.jpg
DSCN1336.jpg
DSCN1335.jpg
DSCN1295.jpg
DSCN1291.jpg
DSCN1292.jpg
DSCN1288.jpg
DSCN1287.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

The top side is the easy part. Bottom side not so much. I did my CPR playfield swap about 2 months ago. I sank an easy 40 hours into it. Be prepared but be patient. When I was done I had a few issues with some switches that needed adjusting and my power supply suddenly was blowing fuses. Got that sorted out but now my sound board is blowing fuses. I can play the game and everything works as expected but no sound! The new playfield looks great and plays great!

As for the bumper caps, if you don't mind changing to something other than the originals, have a look at my video (pre-playfield swap).

I put in coloured Afterburners from Cointaker with matching clear coloured caps. The other thing you might be interested in are the lit ball locks. Since you are doing all the work on the underside it would be a good time to wire up and solder in the 3 extra bulb holders and grab some clear ball locks to replace the originals.

I will be watching your thread as I want to see how you make with the cabinet work. I've been thinking about it myself but have been holding off.

Good luck!

Dino Z.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/refreshing-a-firepower?tu=dzorbas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.