(Topic ID: 4145)

REF: The bubbling on the Whirlwind FS in FL.

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Santeh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Any one in the know want to let the rest of us NOT in the know how big a problem this is/isn't. Whirlwind is on my short list so I would jump on it if it isn't too hard of a fix...I am talking about another thread posted here by the seller. Maybe I will go over to his thread and ask him, too? lol

#2 12 years ago

???? Is there suppose to be a picture here Gorilla?

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Is there suppose to be a picture here Gorilla?

It's someone elses pin for sale. The post is on this forum page. He is also looking for a Whitewater...

#4 12 years ago

Oh I see, I guess I didn't read enough of the posts first...

I didn't see any bubbling in his pics. Are you talking about the mylar?
I'm currently clear coating a play field on diner I stripped the mylar off of. It actually wasn't too bad.. It did take off the art on the inserts but I had new decals for all the inserts...I replaced all but 3...I got 1 more coat tomorrow night and I put it back together. I hoping to get it done this week I'll post pics, i got alot...just in time for my busy season as work is picking up.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks...Will check back later...gotta fly!

#6 12 years ago

Hello!

That is my Whirlwind for sale (I am only moving it to free up some space and money for a WH2O should one become available). I do not know anything about fixing playfield issues like this, but I would be happy to answer any questions and take more pictures if you want!

What I saw, though, was that there looked like a little air bubble under a part of the compass which I thought was simply known as bubbling. Yet if someone can chime in with more detailed information that would be great!

Sam

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ref-the-bubbling-on-the-whirlwind-fs-in-fl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.