(Topic ID: 44823)

Reenforcing Comet Cycle Jump Ramp

By Simkie

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've got a Comet cycle jump ramp that's broken with pieces between the holes missing currently installed in the game, and another that's cracked but not broken that was purchased as a spare. I'd like to reenforce the intact one on the backside to prevent it from breaking up once it's installed (or at least reduce the risk!)

Any ideas on how best to do this? My first thought is some sort of plastic compound that will bond to the plastic in the ramp, applied to the underside? Not really sure what to use.

It's this piece, for those not familiar: http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=523535&bbat=56912&inline

The narrow pieces between the holes tends to break.

#2 11 years ago

I cut 3 pieces of the heavy coat hanger wire about 2 inches long, that doesn't bend very easy and epoxied them under each cross section under the cyclone jump with black epoxy. Let it dry and worked great! Wish I still had that Comet. Fun pin!

#3 11 years ago

if I could get my neighbor to quit starting all of sorts non-pinball related projects, maybe I could get him to finish making the reproduction cycle jump ramps.

he's already built the vacuform box and has the mold created, it's just a matter of him finding the time to get these done. I'll try and put a bug in his ear once he's back from vacation the 2nd week of april.

#4 11 years ago

Use some fiberglass cloth and then either fiberglass resin or the Plastex repair kit. It will last forever after you're done. You can even tint the resin/Plastex to match the black if you want to.

#5 11 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the ideas!!

And j_m_...would certainly be interested if your neighbor gets production up and running!!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I cut 3 pieces of the heavy coat hanger wire about 2 inches long, that doesn't bend very easy and epoxied them under each cross section under the cyclone jump with black epoxy. Let it dry and worked great! Wish I still had that Comet. Fun pin!

I didn't know this was a common failure spot. Guess I need to add this to my todo list for my Comet.

4 years later
#7 6 years ago

anybody ever gonna remake ramps for this thing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reenforcing-comet-cycle-jump-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.