• Latest reply 11 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ramp.JPG
#1 11 years ago

So X-Files has two ramps - each with metal on-ramp entry points similar to JP and TFTC. Here's my situation:

Ramp.JPGRamp.JPG

How should I properly go about fixing this? My thoughts are to drill two small holes in the ramp and the PF underneath the ramp, get two short flat-head screws, stick them through the ramp holes to the new holes in the PF and tighten down gently.

I'm hesitant to use glues, adhesives, puttys, etc with respect to keeping the PF safe.

Thoughts ? Anyone else do something like this ?

#2 11 years ago

Can't you bend it a little?

#3 11 years ago

My jokerz! has two flathead screws to attach it to the playfield. Use small ones though (like a 4-40 wood screw), preferrably a low profile head. you dont want the head protruding

#4 11 years ago

I had the same problem with mine. What I did was loosen up the screws at the end of the ramp then I slid a small piece of wood I used a chunk of a paint stir stick just behind the screws and tightened them back up. It kind of keeps the plastic part of the ramp at a slight angle which in turn let the metal flap rest perfectly on the playfield

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can't you bend it a little?

I can to bend the end, but then the portion of the metal ramp that connects to the plastic ramp will be severely bent. A pyrrhic victory so to speak.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

My Jokerz! has two flathead screws to attach it to the playfield. Use small ones though (like a 4-40 wood screw), preferrably a low profile head. you dont want the head protruding

I want to do this if a have to. It by far is the permanent solution if necessary.

Quoted from ssbodyman:

I had the same problem with mine. What I did was loosen up the screws at the end of the ramp then I slid a small piece of wood I used a chunk of a paint stir stick just behind the screws and tightened them back up. It kind of keeps the plastic part of the ramp at a slight angle which in turn let the metal flap rest perfectly on the playfield

Once I go to HD or Lowes and snag a paint stirrer, I am so trying this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reducing-space-between-ramp-and-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.