(Topic ID: 200723)

Redos? Remakes? What old machine would you like to see updated?

By BSavage

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BSavage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jonny-quest-big (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

So now that we have seen remakes of MM and AFM and a redo of POTC....

What machine would you like to see NOT remade but redone/reimagined from machines in the past that sucked because it is a) outdated technology b) poorly executed OR c) is a great game that just needs a new version / new vision.

Think about all the things that could be done now with the new tech that could not be done back in the day! Don't forget about the EMs... And I"m thinking most SS games fall in this category.

A game that is pretty cool but kind of lame to play is the Secret Service which really should have been called Secret Agent. Always loved the music in that game!

#2 6 years ago

Darling/Jubilee.

#3 6 years ago

Xenon

#4 6 years ago

I'd like to see them bring back the Williams cabinet with the drink shelf and cigarette holder on the front on any remake they do,

#6 6 years ago

OK... but what is it about the machines that you like or would want done to improve it?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

OK... but what is it about the machines that you like or would want done to improve it?

New rules for sure....adding options for timers, jackpots, even a 3-ball multiball, other objectives besides just shooting the tube or spinner.
Better lighting
Maybe even some minor changes in the playfield design, although I haven't really thought much about what I'd change vs. rules changes.

#10 6 years ago

I just keep coming back to thinking how awesome a new cyclone with multiball,Animation,etc could be for a "non licensed theme".In another thread I mentioned a cyclone pin/carnevil video mashup of some sort.An updated cyclone with a slightly more evil slant from the tokentaker would be sick!If I win the lottery or just finally make enough money to commission the development and manufacture of something along these lines I will!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

I just keep coming back to thinking how awesome a new cyclone with multiball,Animation,etc could be for a "non licensed theme".In another thread I mentioned a cyclone pin/carnevil video mashup of some sort.An updated cyclone with a slightly more evil slant from the tokentaker would be sick!If I win the lottery or just finally make enough money to commission the development and manufacture of something along these lines I will!

Cyclone would be neat to see as a multiball game.

#12 6 years ago

Would love to see a slightly modernized Black Hole.

Now with a lower-lower playfield for an even more intense "hole" experience!

#13 6 years ago

Funhouse with a silicone rubber realistic head
Cyclone with a big ferris wheel
Evil Keneval with ramps/jumps
Fireball with better lighting and sound effects
Haunted House made dependable
Time Tunnel, Time Machine with a ball transponder tunnel that zips it to another part of the field.
Ghost Busters with holographic ghosts

#14 6 years ago

Honestly, none. I'd like to see resources be used on creating brand new games and experiences, preferably games that are unlicensed. It'd be nice to see design teams really take some creative liberties.

#15 6 years ago

A really good game made even better:

Pinbot with an LCD screen, some video modes with the planets intergrated and multiball increased to more balls.

A brand spanking new Pinbot updated might be nice.

#16 6 years ago

Fathom. Selectable between original rules, sound etc and new rules, sound.

#17 6 years ago

Do you think there are any EM themes or games that would make a great modern game? Wonder what a modern Wedge Head would look like.....

#18 6 years ago

Always thought catacomb was interesting, maybe a revisit updating the play field in the head. Maybe replace that with a video screen and unlock dungeon video clips on the lower play field. Plus since the original manufacturer is still around......would make rights issues easy, at least for them.

#19 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe, best early Bally solid state.

#20 6 years ago

Gorgar. Re-ruled to make it a battle between you and GG to save the Damsel(s). Have on-screen power meters and damage inflicted meters. Make the shots in time to BEAT GORGAR and save the girl. Wizard mode is defeating the Skeleton King, who is the real villain of the picture. GG is just a lackey.

#21 6 years ago

TOM or TOTAN 2.0

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

Do you think there are any EM themes or games that would make a great modern game?

4 Horsemen for sure. But this time it can do without the football players.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Ghost Busters with holographic ghosts

I'd just like a Ghost Busters with normal flipper gap. What a way to kill a game.

#24 6 years ago

Some Bingo games...that would be nice.
Golden Gate.
Creature, CV

#25 6 years ago

And just when I thought... hey not a whole lot of heads with moving mouths to shoot into like RS or FH... along comes GOTG

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

And just when I thought... hey not a whole lot of heads with moving mouths to shoot into like RS or FH... along comes GOTG

Or spitting heads like Freddy or Kiss.

#27 6 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy / Metallica

#28 6 years ago

Barb Wire

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Evil Keneval with ramps/jumps

It would be pretty cool to see someone retheme a No Fear as an Evel Knievel. I could see modes with completing different stunts, plus have some progressive where you make shots to increase the distance of the next stunt. Obviously the longer the jump the more points.

#30 6 years ago

Few other games:

Cactus Canyon - Seems like the most obvious choice. I enjoy the theme and layout, but the rules are obviously lacking. If they could redo it and add some depth to the game it would probably be my most wanted machine.

Fire! - I just think a theme like that would be cool to see redone. Make your way from Volunteer --> Firefighter --> Lieutenant --> Captain --> Chief by rescuing people and putting out fires. The light show on a game like this could be done pretty well. Shots turn orange as the fire spreads to different areas around the playfield. Multiball could be an add a ball where 2-ball multiball = 2 alarm fire, 3-ball multiball = 3 alarm fire, 4=ball multiball = 4 alarm fire, etc. I just think it's a timeless theme that could be done really well. Plus there are a lot of firefighters out there.

#31 6 years ago

Would Big Bang Bar count?

#32 6 years ago

Pinball Circus

#33 6 years ago

Don't care about anything until Monster Bash is announced.

#34 6 years ago

Spectrum
Definitely needs a new playfield layout and some minor rules changes.

#35 6 years ago

Mario brothers would be sweet..

#36 6 years ago

Orbitor - write deeper rules, maybe an upper/ lower playfield. the curved vacu-formed playfield would put an end to people complaining about dimples in their wood.

'Who Dunnit' updated and re-themed as the Tim Curry movie theme "Clue".

#37 6 years ago

I always wished for the original Lost in Space or.. Jonny Quest... but the market's probably not big enough for JQ.

jonny-quest-big (resized).jpgjonny-quest-big (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/redos-remakes-what-old-machine-would-you-like-to-see-updated?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.