(Topic ID: 264)

Ridiculous ratings.

By The_Dude_Abides

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_basher.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 14 years ago

One users ratings on this site include:
    Scared Stiff 3.978
    Adams Family 4.78
    The Simpson's 4.835
    Theatre of Magic 5.515
    CFTBL 5.803
    Medieval Madness 5.961
    TOTAN 6.022
    Monster Bash 6.034

WOW, I hope this persons ratings are not counting to the total numbers anyone with any pinball sense would not rate some of the best games ever made as below average 7.0. Takes all kinds I guess.

#4 14 years ago

Ouch! All are entitled to their opinions you are right. I would have to question whether they actually played these machines but I would hate for my opinions/ratings not to count just because some disagreed with me. I just thought theirs were SO ridiculous that it deserved a call out.

#8 14 years ago

Even if they have a passion for older games to slam the new ones and not give some credit to how they were built by some great designers is a bit crazy to me. This does not appear to be the case here anyway he rated TZ and Spiderman amongst other more recent games very highly.

I don't think much would explain their logic myself. Except the fact that it takes all kinds.

#12 14 years ago

Hey if they can make you laugh why not have at it. Its all in good fun.

I think ratings are important for many things. Can it tell you if you will like or hate something for sure? No, but usually like with movie reviews it gives you something to go on when picking which machines you have to give a try or movies you may be interested in.

#14 14 years ago

That's what is so great about pinball. It is all preference, sometimes I may love a machine someone else hates. As long as someone loves the machines they have that is all that really matters. I do tend to find that some of the highly rated machines are in my opinion the funnest to play. Do I agree with were each machine is currently rated? No, not by any means. There are some very under rated games for sure making for great buys. I see both sides.

#17 14 years ago

That is a very good point Autumnfade. If a machine is not taken care of and is abused it makes it very hard to enjoy the experience at all. I have seen it happen to some great machines.

3 years later
    #83 11 years ago

Closing out this thread it is going now where. I started this thread well before I was a mod and apologize if it offended anyone. Not my intention. My intent was to see if we could come up with a better way to catch those that are not rating in a serious manner. I'm sorry that it turned into this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rediculous-ratings?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.