10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TZ_basher.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

One users ratings on this site include:
    Scared Stiff 3.978
    Adams Family 4.78
    The Simpson's 4.835
    Theatre of Magic 5.515
    CFTBL 5.803
    Medieval Madness 5.961
    TOTAN 6.022
    Monster Bash 6.034

WOW, I hope this persons ratings are not counting to the total numbers anyone with any pinball sense would not rate some of the best games ever made as below average 7.0. Takes all kinds I guess.

#2 10 years ago

Wow I just took a look at that, it's hard to believe. Maybe he was playing on some rough machines, very rough!!!

#3 10 years ago

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and once you rate six machines your scores are then included in the top 100 list.

#4 10 years ago

Ouch! All are entitled to their opinions you are right. I would have to question whether they actually played these machines but I would hate for my opinions/ratings not to count just because some disagreed with me. I just thought theirs were SO ridiculous that it deserved a call out.

#5 10 years ago

hi everybody,

I think this guy is working for Stern !

#6 10 years ago

It's weird, the lowest rating machine up there, I think is the best. Ooooohh I love Elvira, she so hot.

#7 10 years ago

Some people really don't like DMD games. I can see how they might not have any love for those machines if their real passion is on earlier SS game with the numeric or the alphanumeric games.

Also, some people consider a 5 average and anything above is above average. If that's the case, that would explain things as well.

#8 10 years ago

Even if they have a passion for older games to slam the new ones and not give some credit to how they were built by some great designers is a bit crazy to me. This does not appear to be the case here anyway he rated TZ and Spiderman amongst other more recent games very highly.

I don't think much would explain their logic myself. Except the fact that it takes all kinds.

#9 10 years ago

he had perhaps lost all his money in theses games and he's now in jail

#11 10 years ago

Ah, ratings are overrated!!

#12 10 years ago

Hey if they can make you laugh why not have at it. Its all in good fun.

I think ratings are important for many things. Can it tell you if you will like or hate something for sure? No, but usually like with movie reviews it gives you something to go on when picking which machines you have to give a try or movies you may be interested in.

#13 10 years ago

I love rating cos everybody is looking for the top 10, and I can catch other great machines for nothing.

#14 10 years ago

That's what is so great about pinball. It is all preference, sometimes I may love a machine someone else hates. As long as someone loves the machines they have that is all that really matters. I do tend to find that some of the highly rated machines are in my opinion the funnest to play. Do I agree with were each machine is currently rated? No, not by any means. There are some very under rated games for sure making for great buys. I see both sides.

#15 10 years ago

I used to HATE T-Zone!
    the one I played was in such poor condition I couldn't understand why everyone was so into it I even gave it a piss poor ratting here on pinside .
    Then I played another T-Zone ( almost a year latter) at an arcade that was 100% shopped out like when it left the factory and I was blown away I've since changed my ratting I really like this pin.
    The point is not all games are up to snuff all the time , you may get an operator who will only change out rings and easy to get to lamps- then when he squeezed all the money he can from a pin and ran it into the ground it's off to the ebay chopping block or the coin-op auction floor.
    -Thats when we step in, sometimes we can save a pin & bring 'em back- sometimes we cant

#16 10 years ago

Ya, that's true. Playing a game in poor shape then giving a rating on it's performance and looks just from that would probably make a difference if you haven't played the game before. I was just out of town last weekend and the hotel had an arcade with a fishtales, indianapolis 500, and a STTNG. The STTNG didn't even work and had major errors come up when I turned it on! and the fishtales and indy 500 were so worn out it was just silly. Broken black rubbers were all over the playfields and the playfields themselves were just all black and dirty. I would have gave fishtales a 2 or 3 rating. But owning it and having played it to its full ability makes my rating what it is. Kinda made me cringe to see those machines in that condition actually.

#17 10 years ago

That is a very good point Autumnfade. If a machine is not taken care of and is abused it makes it very hard to enjoy the experience at all. I have seen it happen to some great machines.

#18 10 years ago

Yeah ,
    how many times you spot problems on a machine out in the public
    and say 'thats such an easy fix, if only I could get in ?'
    yet week after week the pin remains in the same sad state only getting worse.
    to non - pinball enthusiasts not a big deal but to anyone who owns a machine or one day wants to.....

10 months later
    #19 9 years ago

I'm not saying it's ridiculous, but IJ sure made a jump on the ipdb recently. Check out it's top ten now. It's interesting to see how popularity changes/is manipulated over time. I like to compare to pinside, pinpedia and treasure cove lists.

#20 9 years ago

I played a Creature From The Black Lagoon once. I hated it! The ball just would not go up to the upper play field! I was so surprised by the ratings for it on this site! I mean, I guess they might have made it steeper. And the flippers felt extremely weak. It just goes to show that you can't play a pin and think that every single other copy of it plays the same.

#21 9 years ago

I tend to be a bit more generous than some people with my ratings. My lowest rated machine is The Sopranos with a 6.33. Even though I really dislike that machine, I can still appreciate certain aspects of it, and those positive aspects are reflected in my overall score. I think a lot of people are too quick to give a machine low marks in every category simply because they aren't a fan of the machine. Conversely, there are some people who rate a machine excellent in every category without even really giving it much thought. This kind of annoys me. In my eyes, there is no such thing as a "perfect 10" machine, but to each their own.

2 years later
    #22 7 years ago

This pinsider rated Twilight Zone a 5.904
    http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/rarehero/ratings

I can't trust ratings when this sort of thing is allowed. It's in the top 2, per the community.

TZ_basher.jpg

#23 7 years ago

I'm assuming that people rating these games have actually played them? I can't believe it when I see someone's rating and they mention the fact that they played it on their PS3. Come on!!!

#24 7 years ago

So he doesn't like TZ? Who gives a %^&*
    He doesn't like Creech either

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

This pinsider rated Twighlight Zone a 5.904

I can't trust ratings when this sort of thing is allowed. It's in the top 2, per the community.

I kind of agree with this. I would like to see all of the Pinsider's ratings. I've asked for this before. When you look at a certain pinsider's rating, you should get their average rating. I've noticed, some Pinsider's ratings are low, but when you look at all the games they have rated, all of their ratings are low. I like to look at their ratings, and judge their rating for a certain pin against their average rating. This way you can see if they rate the pin above or below their average.

#26 7 years ago

Some people just want to be contrary for no reason.

It might make sense for pinside to throw out the very highest and very lowest ratings when calculating the charts, to make up for this.

#27 7 years ago

Or just distill it to a thumbs up/thumbs down for each game.

I don't enjoy TZ either though and would likely rate it about the same.

#28 7 years ago

Gah...three year old thread used to dis rarehero . Should have just started a new thread titled "i want to dis greg"

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

This pinsider rated Twilight Zone a 5.904

Why don't you set your ratings to public so we can scrutinize them?

#30 7 years ago

Woop de f**kin' doo!!!! Who gives a s**t if someone doesn't like an A-lister. I dislike MM, but I'm not getting death threats for it.

Post edited by absocountry2 : removed attachment with profanity in it.

#31 7 years ago

....kwikimart I'm gonna drive down there.. Smash your TSPP and then stab you with the remains..

Sorry if that was too graphic.. I just get so emotional when someone has the nerve to speak such blasphemy

#32 7 years ago

Whoa..... 3 years old who the..........

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

mash your TSPP and then stab you with the remains..

At least I get to die with my pins.....

#35 7 years ago

Maybe I was a little harsh on MM. I honestly think it's a good game AT LEAST, but I would not pay $15k for one in great condition. Maybe it's just overrated.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Maybe I was a little harsh on MM. I honestly think it's a good game AT LEAST, but I would not pay $15k for one in great condition. Maybe it's just overrated.

cost of a game should have nothing to do with your ratings...

#37 7 years ago

I'm with you.. Fun but I would rate the game on price as much as fun... Not worth more then 5 grand of fun for me. Just don't see or get it..it's crazy ..

And you didn't call off the stabbing with your last post ..FYI..

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cost of a game should have nothing to do with your ratings...

I've said the same thing a million times as have many others (including you I believe). Doesn't matter, still falls on deaf ears, and people can't help but count it against a high dollar pin.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cost of a game should have nothing to do with your ratings

Let me go into full detail why MM is not wowing me:

Castle shots are repetitive

Trolls are absolutely annoying

Catapult shot is not an excuse for "flow"

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yup the call outs are fun, blowing up the castle 12 times is fun.. After that its just another pin for me, and if it was reasonably priced it would be great.. But it's not. I have more fun with BK2K any day.

Not deaf .. Just don't agree.

Sorry, for me price or value plays into my rating of ownership of a pinball.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

some of the best games ever made

In your opinion

#42 7 years ago

Sounds like someone thinks one vote will eventually bring the prices down.

Good luck with that.

I cannot see any other reason someone would rate those titles that low.

#43 7 years ago

Maybe a person's rating should be affected with their own personal curve.

#44 7 years ago

Cost should not be taken into account when rating the game. It should be stated in the rating forms. It's not a question of what you should own or recommend to buy. It's a vote on game quality only. Cost is irrelevant to that.

#45 7 years ago

Damn gravediggers...3yrs old post...WTF how deep did you dig

#46 7 years ago

Greg hater. Are these people his entourage from RGP ?

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

3 year old thread- Michael Jackson was still alive when this was first posted.

#48 7 years ago

God forbid someone doesnt like the precious A list games.

#49 7 years ago

"I can't trust ratings if they aren't all the exact same and differ from my personal feelings" o.O

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

That is cool. Not everyone "gets it"

I do find it funny that you rate AFM so much higher when they are very similar. I guess the mothership is not as repetitive as the castle and AFM has no trolls to annoy you ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 999.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 13.00
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside