(Topic ID: 165130)

Redesigning the Stern Indy 520-5289-00 (2X LED Bright Flasher Boards)

By applejuice

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CookyJar
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6841 (resized).jpg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpg
IMG_6843 (resized).JPG
IMG_6840 (resized).jpg
IMG_6803 (resized).jpg
IMG_6801 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
stern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_top_layout_(resized).png
stern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_bottom_layout_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So as a few of you may know i am big into all things Indiana Jones Stern Indy now has new rules and game play in which i am making use of these LED flasher boards. Unfortunately they seem rather prone to failing and i've fixed my own set of 4 more than once!

After a couple of prods from people I decided to increase the project list by 1 more item and create my own redesign for these boards using newly sourced parts, bigger better LEDs and less SMD stuff where at all possible! I am a plate through fan, as per all my other board redesigns.

Here's a quick video of my first prototype. I had some extra pulse duration control in there to, but this probably won't be included on the final pcbs, it was just for testing purposes really.

Not sure of pricing for these yet, but should be around the £25 mark. I have a pcb design layout on the computer to so will upload some pics of this once completed. The size will be the same footprint as the originals and will be plug and play.

#2 7 years ago

These could be useful for other game mods to as the boards take a standard 20v input and ground signal activation, so can easily be used as alternative to standard flasher drives on lots of games.

#5 7 years ago

Couple of pics of the board layout design. Will be testing the design in my game this week, then getting some pcbs made to try out. Need to double check the pcb mount holes and overall size to so that is 100% compatible with the originals

stern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_bottom_layout_(resized).pngstern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_bottom_layout_(resized).png

stern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_top_layout_(resized).pngstern_double_led_flasher_board_v0.1_top_layout_(resized).png

#8 7 years ago

New video showing more testing, this time in game using the service menu tests

#9 7 years ago

First batch of pcb blanks about to be ordered. Stay tuned

3 weeks later
#11 7 years ago

These arrived today. Assembling and Testing shortly

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#13 7 years ago

First board assembled and tested in my game

Video here of it in test mode

The assembly machine is now open

#14 7 years ago

IMG_6801 (resized).jpgIMG_6801 (resized).jpg

IMG_6803 (resized).jpgIMG_6803 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Assembled and tested boards will be £30 each plus postage. (That's roughly $40 at the moment which is less than half the cost of a NOS original) Will be adding the product to my webstore here http://mypinballs.co.uk/electronics/store.jsp but please feel free to contact me directly to

#17 7 years ago

Some more pics of installing a set of boards in my game. Really happy with the brightness of them.

IMG_6840 (resized).jpgIMG_6840 (resized).jpg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpgIMG_6842 (resized).jpg
IMG_6843 (resized).JPGIMG_6843 (resized).JPG

IMG_6841 (resized).jpgIMG_6841 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/redesigning-the-stern-indy-520-5289-00-2x-led-bright-flasher-boards?tu=applejuice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.