WhiteWater_Teardown_064.jpg
WhiteWater_Teardown_059.jpg
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG

#1 12 years ago

Hey all,

I had some powder coating done by Matt @ back alley creations (http://www.backalleycreations.com/). Got my lockdown, rails and legs all powder coated red on my RFM. He does fantastic work! just got my LCD led monitor mounted ready for Nucore. Also have a NIB swe1 ready to be played for the first time in a week or so

I thought I would share so enjoy fellow Pinsiders!

Mat

IMG_0483.JPGIMG_0483.JPG IMG_0484.JPGIMG_0484.JPG IMG_0486.JPGIMG_0486.JPG

#2 12 years ago

that looks awsome... super nice.

#3 12 years ago

Nice, Matt does a good job!

#4 12 years ago

That's wild looking! Where did you get those green UFO's? Did you paint them yourself?

#5 12 years ago

Looks good. The red looks good on RFM

#6 12 years ago

i like it alot.. really sets itself apart from the rest.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's wild looking! Where did you get those green UFO's? Did you paint them yourself?

you can buy them @ Bay Area Amusements, I like the color contrast. Also put in red flipper bats with green rubber. I think it all matches pretty well.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Also put in red flipper bats with green rubber. I think it all matches pretty well.

oh i'd like to see a picture of that.

#9 12 years ago

Looks sharp,sure sets it apart from the rest.

#10 12 years ago

mummite said: Also put in red flipper bats with green rubber. I think it all matches pretty well.

Some glass glare, but you can see the bats. I like the color match coloring like this does make the game stand out and I do it to a bunch of my machines. The powder coating Matt did on my TRON is so kick ass!

IMG_0498.JPGIMG_0498.JPG

#11 12 years ago

You should move your spot lights up to the top bolt on the slings (unless you have them there on purpose?) - won't make the saucers looks so hidden.

Either way, that red looks great!

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You should move your spot lights up to the top bolt on the slings (unless you have them there on purpose?) - won't make the saucers looks so hidden.
Either way, that red looks great!

Good idea! now that I think about it........... I dont know WTF they are doing there hahahaha good call!

#13 12 years ago

I like it. Did you think about doing the coin door too? I just did everything on my Whitewater and the coin door really sets it off. I haven't got it all back together yet but I have 2 pictures.

WhiteWater_Teardown_059.jpgWhiteWater_Teardown_059.jpg WhiteWater_Teardown_064.jpgWhiteWater_Teardown_064.jpg

#14 12 years ago

I just did my white water last week in white. It looks great in white. I want to add white mountains next.

#15 12 years ago

I was going to do the coin door, but to expensive to ship out. I guess I could do it local. WOW! I love your White water Kevgascan! looks great with white. Lets just open this thread to what did you powder coat on your pin? hahahaha

#16 12 years ago

I have a guy that does mine locally. I had 18 pieces off the White Water done for $100, that included sandblasting too.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just did my White Water last week in white. It looks great in white. I want to add white mountains next.

I have a partially completed bumbles mod that I took off mine. I prefer the original Bigfoot. Let me know if you're interested.

Also, I've been thinking of doing a similar powder coat treatment on my AFM. I was thinking black (like the one Chris H. did), but I want to do the wireforms in red. I think this will look hot on that PF.
Does anyone know how this finish holds up? Both on the lockdown bar and from ball wear on wireforms? I have a chrome trim on my MM and it tends to get scuffed by belts, buttons etc...

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I have a guy that does mine locally. I had 17 pieces off the White Water done for $100, that included sandblasting too.

Dang! that is a pretty good price. It really makes the game feel fresh and new, surprising we don't see more people doing it to there games.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Kevgascan said:I have a guy that does mine locally. I had 17 pieces off the White Water done for $100, that included sandblasting too.
Dang! that is a pretty good price. It really makes the game feel fresh and new, surprising we don't see more people doing it to there games.

I know what you mean. Now, get the coin door off. lol.

#20 12 years ago

yep, I should! dang your going to get me pulling that coin door off tonight! btw love your icon with the boston in the bunny costume we have a boston and they are nuts!

#21 12 years ago

A couple of powder coating projects have been discussed recently,a small sampling is below.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-intetrest-in-powder-coating-your-pins
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-project

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

mummite said: Also put in red flipper bats with green rubber. I think it all matches pretty well.

Some glass glare, but you can see the bats. I like the color match coloring like this does make the game stand out and I do it to a bunch of my machines. The powder coating Matt did on my TRON is so kick ass!

Attachments IMG_0498.JPG (300.8 KB, 0 downloads) 54 minutes old

thanks for the picture, yes it looks great, perfect match, your machine is awesome!

#23 12 years ago

That white white water is damn sweet!

#24 12 years ago

I think if you added a bit of blue to some parts of the coin door, it would look even better...

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I think if you added a bit of blue to some parts of the coin door, it would look even better...

I wanted too, but I was afraid of not matching the blues and it standing out in a bad way. I played it safe. I'm going to mix up colors on the next one I do.

#26 12 years ago

Looks neat! You might want to replace the t-molding too since it takes on an orange hue over time. I just did this and it's a nice subtle improvement.

#27 12 years ago

A color question....The RFM looks orange to me. Maybe my laptop, or your camera. But the question is when selecting the color for powdercoat do they give you a swatch to examine? Is the final color always spot on? I'm considering doing my simpsons and before I make the leap, I want to know the right questions to ask of the local powder-coater.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm considering doing my Simpsons and before I make the leap, I want to know the right questions to ask of the local powder-coater.

Which color are you going to coat it with?

#29 12 years ago

I love the red. White on the whitewater looks pretty awesome too.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

A color question....The RFM looks orange to me. Maybe my laptop, or your camera. But the question is when selecting the color for powdercoat do they give you a swatch to examine? Is the final color always spot on? I'm considering doing my Simpsons and before I make the leap, I want to know the right questions to ask of the local powder-coater.

You can take a photo then bring the photo into photoshop. From here I can get the exact color values needed. Then take it to the place where the paint it done. having the color value will let the person doing your work match it the best they can. For TRON I took a light blue from the translite and for RFM it's match the the red t-molding.

#31 12 years ago

Love the red and the white guys!

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

robertmee said:I'm considering doing my Simpsons and before I make the leap, I want to know the right questions to ask of the local powder-coater.
Which color are you going to coat it with?

I'm thinking the nuclear green that's shown on Back Alley's Creation website. I have a creech too and that green would go with both.

#33 12 years ago

love the rfm and wH20. adds to both machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-powdercoated-rfm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.