DSC_1118.JPG
20140712_110608.jpg
DSC_1086.JPG
DSC_1079.JPG
DSC_1113.JPG
DSC_1110.JPG
DSC_1091.JPG
DSC_1105.JPG
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Super nice job, very well done. I'd love to see what you could do with a Demolition Man.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Super nice job, very well done. I'd love to see what you could do with a Demolition Man.

Well I don't own one of those, but I do have a World Cup Soccer '94 with a lot of yellowing on the artwork from being in tobacco soaked bars.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Well I don't own one of those, but I do have a World Cup Soccer '94 with a lot of yellowing on the artwork from being in tobacco soaked bars.

I'd love to see a WCS '94 with all new art.
~Steveo

#54 9 years ago

And LAH!

#55 9 years ago

Outstanding..can't believe this is your first attempt.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Oh well, the writing is on the wall. You have skills that people will pay for. If you don't want to do it at least offer your art files to someone who will. A shame to see real talent get wasted.

#57 9 years ago

I don't even recognize my old game!!! Amazing work my friend!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Outstanding..can't believe this is your first attempt.

Thanks, not really my first attempt, just a different form factor with a pin over a vid

#59 9 years ago

Outstanding. Sell this game to me

#60 9 years ago

Hey that's my old JD! It looks amazing!! Awesome work, Griffin!

#61 9 years ago

Beautiful. Ty for psoting.

#62 9 years ago

Oh well, the writing is on the wall. You have skills that people will pay for. If you don't want to do it at least offer your art files to someone who will. A shame to see real talent get wasted.

I complete agree, with your talent you could make some serious dollars in the pinball community creating alternative cab decals for ANY machine. I'd also like to see what you could come up with for BOP !!

#63 9 years ago

20140712_110608.jpg20140712_110608.jpg

Picked this up a CAX this morning as soon as the doors opened, the final touch.

#64 9 years ago

Can you provide a little detail on what's in those slingshots? They look fantastic.

#65 9 years ago

wow , that looks awesome !

#66 9 years ago

I absolutely love it. Good job, seriously.

#67 9 years ago

amaizing job. that looks awesome!!!!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Can you provide a little detail on what's in those slingshots? They look fantastic.

The slingshots just have an extra layer of fluorescent acrylic screwed in, underneath they have cool white bulbs in teh standard PF sockets.

#69 9 years ago

Topper in place, it really takes the whole theme to a new level, maybe I'm biased but I think it goes much better with the new transl colors than the original art...

DSC_1125.JPGDSC_1125.JPGDSC_1124.JPGDSC_1124.JPGDSC_1123.JPGDSC_1123.JPGDSC_1118.JPGDSC_1118.JPGDSC_1115.JPGDSC_1115.JPG

#70 9 years ago

That translite is so sick!!!

#71 9 years ago

STELLAR WORK!!! love that dk barrel arcade too!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Wait.... did you just say. WCS94????? I'm envisioning my broken down machine (thank you TMezel for never fixing that) with these incredible graphics! When can we start working together???

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Topper in place, it really takes the whole theme to a new level, maybe I'm biased but I think it goes much better with the new transl colors than the original art...

DSC_1118.JPG 295 KB

DSC_1115.JPG 350 KB

DSC_1123.JPG 259 KB

DSC_1125.JPG 225 KB

DSC_1124.JPG 290 KB

Just looked at Dredd photos and would never have given the game a second look. Yours on the other hand..... wow!

#74 9 years ago

That Paperboy is a lame game. You don't want to keep it. You should get rid of it. I will take it if nobody wants it lol.

#75 9 years ago

Lol, yeah I just can't seem to give Paperboy away, I guess it must not be popular.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I do have a few small bits and pieces to add, just waiting on a few NOS plastics from a friend before I finish up the last little bits.

Already making plans for my next project which will be considerably more in-depth, planning on doing a full re-theme to create something new.

#77 9 years ago

Nice work. I like it much better than the original.

3 months later
#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Custom interior side art

Beautiful stuff, Ive been a huge fan of yours since you built the 1943 a while ago... no chance in sharing the interior art files, so I can do a little upgrade on mine???

Thanks for sharing the project! great work as always

#79 9 years ago

I think JD is one of the pins where they got the art package right on it. The original translite looks great and have JD speeding towards you on the sides while getting shot at is cool. So would be really hard to come up with a redo that would be worth swapping out. Congrats this is worthy one

#80 9 years ago

Best looking JD ever IMO. Very nice work. Really diggin the art package.

2 weeks later
#81 9 years ago

Its too bad you don't quietly make that art package available. JD was my first pin and it will likely always be in my collection because of that. I think the art you came up with, especially the head decals and translite, are far superior to the originals.

I want these so bad, I think I'm going to have to research how to create my own art (unless you can save me the time and effort).

Really, really nice work.

#83 9 years ago

I would throw this on my JD in an instant. Nice work

#84 9 years ago

Thanks for the compliments guys. This pin has moved on to a friend of mine, I may make another one day if I stumble across another Dredd in nice shape.

4 months later
#85 9 years ago

I'm so happy to say that Red Dredd is now back in my pin line up after nearly a year. The collector who bought it from me traded it back as part of another deal. I sure missed it and spent a good hour last night handing out 'THE LAW'

20150315_163858.jpg20150315_163858.jpg

For me originally being from the UK, Judge Dredd was one of the most popular comic books I knew growing up. It wasn't until recently when listening to an interview with John Trudeau, did I realize that the comics weren't very big in the U.S. and that most people's first exposure to the Dredd character was the god awful Stallone movie - THIS IS A TOTAL TRAVESTY!!!

If you have any interest in the TRUE Judge Dredd character, the one Trudeau built the whole machine around then I strongly urge you to seek out the 2000 A.D. Comic books featuring Dredd and see why this character is as good as anything Marvel or DC ever put out. I'd also recommend the newer 'Dredd' movie starring Karl Urban as it is a much better representation of the original comic than that awful Stallone piece of Junk ever was.

#86 9 years ago

easy... some of us like that cheeeeeeesy Stalone "I am The LAW!!!"

Dont wreck my child hood

One of the coolest re-skinned games out there, glad you got your game back!

#87 9 years ago

For me, Anthrax made Judge Dredd popular with the song I Am The Law and a lot of the cool posters and t shirts they use to put out back in the late 80's. Since then I bought the comics 2000 AD and was hooked immediately. Nice machine BTW.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

that most people's first exposure to the Dredd character was the god awful Stallone movie - THIS IS A TOTAL TRAVESTY!!!

My first exposure to the Dredd character was the pinball machine. Would that be a travesty?

#89 9 years ago

Just picked up a judge Dredd and considering new decal's and came across your post these are amazing, any chance of a set?

#90 9 years ago

Sorry guys, I've released custom artwork in the past (Google "Paperboy Exclusive edition side art") and it ended up being a nasty experience with people taking it and selling it for profit, I'm not going to do that again.

Also this artwork is more a montage of other pieces of art drawn by various artists, so it wouldn't be right for me to distribute work that I really don't have the rights to, although that hasn't stopped others in the community already copying what I have done and selling work they don't have rights to for their own gain....

http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/flipperkast-specifieke-onderdelen/bally/judge-dredd/judge-dredd-alternate-translite.html

That's their choice, personally I think it's extremely poor character to take others ideas and work and turn it into a pure profit pursuit. The work I do is out of a passion to create something special, a 1-off piece that others enjoy seeing and playing, not an opportunity to turn every last thing into a quick money maker.

#91 9 years ago

Wow, that is total crap. I would love to have your art package on my Dredd but I wouldn't distribute it either if someone was doing this with my efforts.

#92 9 years ago

Yeah it's unfortunate but it's the difference in attitudes between designers and money grabbers.

Initially I always gave away my art, my cut patterns to make custom cabinets etc with the express request that people only use them freely for their own personal projects. There were many great people who honored that and I got a lot of satisfaction seeing them post pictures of their successful builds using my art and plans. But then sure enough the bottom feeders came along and started selling my art on eBay, using my cut plans with CNC machines and selling them as kits etc etc.

Of course I can't stop them doing it as I freely distributed the files, and they are doing nothing 'illegal', they tried to justify their actions by claiming the were providing a service to the community and helping people out but I don't think anyone was under any illusion as to their primary motivations.

Needless to say, I don't release any of my art any more, I don't reproduce my stuff for profit either, it's unfortunate but the financial parasites always pollute the creative pool and eventually drive any talent away.

Anyway, enough of the negativity. I want to say thanks for all of the interest and support for this, my first pin project. I've received so many kind PMs from people just talking about the pin itself to requests for artwork and even quite a few rather large offers for purchase which I consider great compliments.

1 week later
#93 9 years ago

Added this little mod last night, of course it needs no introduction...

2015-03-30 19.44.55.jpg2015-03-30 19.44.55.jpg2015-03-30 19.43.45.jpg2015-03-30 19.43.45.jpg2015-03-30 19.44.04.jpg2015-03-30 19.44.04.jpg

#94 9 years ago

Awesome!

#95 9 years ago

That's dreddful.

#97 9 years ago

Really excellent work on all of the machines. Even the Mame monster, which usually look pretty dire, is beautiful. I hope you put up more pics of things you have worked on.

1 week later
#98 9 years ago

I'm jealous dude!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Sorry guys, I've released custom artwork in the past (Google "Paperboy Exclusive edition side art") and it ended up being a nasty experience with people taking it and selling it for profit, I'm not going to do that again.
Also this artwork is more a montage of other pieces of art drawn by various artists, so it wouldn't be right for me to distribute work that I really don't have the rights to, although that hasn't stopped others in the community already copying what I have done and selling work they don't have rights to for their own gain....
http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/flipperkast-specifieke-onderdelen/bally/judge-dredd/judge-dredd-alternate-translite.html
That's their choice, personally I think it's extremely poor character to take others ideas and work and turn it into a pure profit pursuit. The work I do is out of a passion to create something special, a 1-off piece that others enjoy seeing and playing, not an opportunity to turn every last thing into a quick money maker.

I am so sorry to hear that. I remember seeing your Paperboy redesign on KLOV and thinking how bad ass it was and how awesome you were for sharing. It sucks that folks took advantage of it.

Again, amazing work on the Red Dredd.

#100 9 years ago

First time seeing this thread. That JD is outstanding! I'm not a huge fan of the theme but like the total artwork transformation. I especially like the detailed artwork in the translite and that circle pattern in the background of the side art. Any plans to do another pin like this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-dredd-by-arcade-icons/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.