Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DefaultGen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pro_(resized).jpg
Stern-StarTrek-Premium_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm just wondering, what do you think of the color red used on the side rails and legs on ST Premium?
I have had a Pro in the past and loved the black powder coating, but there is something about the red I am not sure if I am going to like or not.
Oddly, I love the Ruby Red coloring on WOZ.
What are you thoughts?

Stern-StarTrek-Premium_(resized).jpg

pro_(resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Love the blue , blacks ok, too me red looks out of place..... Buy a pro.

#3 3 years ago

I have a premium and I love the red color and I also think that the game play of the premium/LE is worth the extra coin. So for me it is a win win. Whichever you chose, the Aurich artwork package is a must!

#4 3 years ago

I don't think there's enough red in the cabinet art of the Pro for it to look right. I'd do it in blue.

#5 3 years ago

Are you kidding! The cherry red and the cabinet is the reason i sold my pro for the premiun.

#6 3 years ago

The red on the premium is perfect. I am not a fan of the color "red", but the version of red used has so much more depth than a typical ACDC armor red. It really blows away the LE in that aspect.

#7 3 years ago

Love the Red

#8 3 years ago

It's a candy apple red and I think it's one of sterns nicest colors they have made. I don't like red on a machine and this is no red.

#9 3 years ago

I always thought it was spectacular. The thing I missed most when I traded down to the Pro. But liking colours is certainly a very subjective thing. I can't say that what I like is best..just worked for me. But fcking spectacularly so.

#10 3 years ago

Trivia note:

The metallic red armor used on ST Premium is the exact same shade used on TFLE Autobots.

It also looks absolutely killer on an XMen Magento (my brother did this mod on his)...

Later,
EV

#11 3 years ago

Not a fan for it on ST. Just doesnt look right in person. However, here's a disclaimer: When i finally saw it in person it was after owning an LE for 2 years. So in mind, the LE is how it should look and the red just looks funky and out of place. I don't own the LE anymore, so no biased comments - the red is just straight up ugly on ST.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not a fan for it on ST. Just doesnt look right in person. However, here's a disclaimer: When i finally saw it in person it was after owning an LE for 2 years. So in mind, the LE is how it should look and the red just looks funky and out of place. I don't own the LE anymore, so no biased comments - the red is just straight up ugly on ST.

I agree, the red just doesn't compare to the LE's blue.

#13 3 years ago

People hated the red when it was revealed, then some people said the red looks better in person. It's definitely not for me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Sale Pending!
Farmington, UT
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside