20220504_200035 (resized).jpg
20220504_200119 (resized).jpg
20220502_203110 (resized).jpg
20220502_203114 (resized).jpg
20220502_203128 (resized).jpg
20220502_203200 (resized).jpg
20220502_231308 (resized).jpg
20220502_231252 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Since I don't have my game in hand yet, I can't really move forward on the fit checks / testing ... so in the meantime, I've been thinking of other ideas/enhancements for the road scene, and I'd like your feedback -- particularly if you're a waitlister who prefers the road scene.
I felt the grassy shoulder looks nice, but was wondering if it's too plain / empty.
So, first I sought out some model/diorama trees, thinking that might add to the scenery. Getting the scale just right is difficult -- especially since some trees could be huge in scale comparison to the car, but I found one size that seems to look ok. Smaller than it'd be in real life, but I don't want the tree to overshadow the car! Then I thought ... THE TREES ... could I incorporate this as a reference to that classic Rush song? I considered seeking out separate maple & oak trees in model/diorama size, but I wasn't sure they'd really be that discernible in this size. So I thought perhaps just adding some stumps next to the tree might be enough to complete the reference to the song. See details in the pics below. Thoughts / discussion?
I was also thinking of what else I could add to the scene, and while out driving the other night (to go play pinball at the Pinball Lounge), the street signs presented themselves as a logical choice. Then I remembered one of the albums had a street sign -- took me a few minutes to recall which one -- it was Snakes & Arrows, with the winding road sign (which, in itself, looks like a snake & arrow, see what they did there?). I made one of these and added it to the scene also. (I realized this sign could also be a nice stand-alone mod to mount elsewhere in the game, so I'd like your feedback on either using it in the scene or the standalone idea.)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
(Sorry for the blurry photo!)
So yeah, let me know your thoughts on the add-ons to the road scene, and making it a 3-for-1 reference! Too much? Make it available with or without? Missing something? Do you like the size/style of tree? What about the sign, might you consider it for a standalone mod as a Snakes & Arrows reference, e.g. to mount near the S-curve in the plastic ramp? Am I overthinking these things entirely because I don't have the game yet and can't move forward, and/or because it's way too late at night for me to be thinking straight anymore? lol

I really like the dark bridge but the placement of the curved road in the back left might be a better spot .Since these boys are from the Toronto area have you thought of replacing the grass look with snow ? Would work real well with the premium I’d think .

#24 2 years ago

Can you make it actually snow in the world under glass ? Lmao ….carry on

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Saw this comment this morning so ran some snowy ones today... left one is translucent/clear for an icy look, right one is in a flat white for a snowy look. It's easy enough to make this an option if anyone wants it, though I'd have to find a snowy tree if you'd want the tree to go with it.
[quoted image]

I think with a snowy tree woukd look cool .

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I was just chatting about this with my wife, and she made an excellent point -- by its very definition, a barchetta has no top. Who's going out for a snowy joyride in a car with no top??

Well Geddy does sport a scarf nowadays but your wife is right .No snow .

#30 2 years ago

If you want to last in pinball , always know your better half is right about everything

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Lighting update: I had a chance to play with the bulbs Dan sent. I disassembled a sacrificial car and had to drill holes in the frame for wire pass-thrus.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As I knew they wouldn't, the bulbs didnt line up with the lens, but I was hoping they'd still be bright enough to shine through.
[quoted image]
So I tapped into GI power in my Game of Thrones to see how they'd do and ... while they do visibly light up, they're pretty dim.
[quoted image]
So...those of you who wanted this lit -- do you concur this is too dim, should I pursue another avenue to see if I can find a brighter option? I'm just worried in all the brightness of the game, the headlights might not even be that noticeable.

Not sure if this would work but maybe a reflective cone at the lamp base would direct more light toward the lens ?

#37 2 years ago
55B618AE-861A-450D-8BDE-636311D2E49A (resized).jpeg55B618AE-861A-450D-8BDE-636311D2E49A (resized).jpeg
#38 2 years ago

Gouvia did this with his WOZ witch mod 2.0 under the hat .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion?tu=Kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.