20220504_200035 (resized).jpg
20220504_200119 (resized).jpg
20220502_203110 (resized).jpg
20220502_203114 (resized).jpg
20220502_203128 (resized).jpg
20220502_203200 (resized).jpg
20220502_231308 (resized).jpg
20220502_231252 (resized).jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

Lights tied to Super sounds fantastic.

My other piece of hopefully constructive feedback (acknowledging that obviously you are the pro here and I'm buying regardless) would be that, for the road to really look factory, the width should match that of the ramp cover, instead of being wider than it and having that kind of overhang. Think it would really clean things up. Also think the road piece along either of the straightaways (instead of the bridge) could work great. Looking forward to this for sure!

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

In my opinion, I think the headlights on for super jackpot is a cool idea. I'm trying to imagine, if they're on all the time, is that necessary and will it be better.
So, when there is a super jackpot in single ball or multiball, will I look up and notice it while so much other stuff is going on? Hard to say. I think just having the mod is awesome, headlights on all the time is cool, having them on for super jackpot is a great idea, but will we notice when they're on while playing?
I guess it depends on how bright and noticeable they get when they're on? We would need someone with live experience if they're that noticable for super jackpot. Otherwise, I would rather have them on all the time to make the mod itself that much cooler to have.
In short, I was thinking having them on for super jackpot was better, but now after thinking it through and typing this out, I'm starting to lean towards having them on all the time.

I guess the only way to know for sure is for me to test it out, so I'll work on that at my next available opportunity -- I should be able to crudely hook them out
to either source (GI and Super Jackpot) and shoot some videos.

Quoted from onemilemore:

Lights tied to Super sounds fantastic.
My other piece of hopefully constructive feedback (acknowledging that obviously you are the pro here and I'm buying regardless) would be that, for the road to really look factory, the width should match that of the ramp cover, instead of being wider than it and having that kind of overhang. Think it would really clean things up. Also think the road piece along either of the straightaways (instead of the bridge) could work great. Looking forward to this for sure!

I see what you mean there ... circling back to an earlier request for just road without the grass, that would shift the car further more up over the ramp more. If you still want the grassy shoulder, though, I'd have to narrow the road itself, and part of the width was the give the illusion of the full road.

Also, for the version with shoulder I still have to fit check the tree and the sign(s). I imagine this might end up as a choose-your-own-configuration with the following options (examples, not finalized):
- road only
- road w/ grassy shoulder
- road w/ grassy shoulder + sign
- road w/ grassy shoulder + tree
- road w/ grassy shoulder + sign & tree
- one lane bridge (color 1, 2, or 3)
- add-on: working headlights

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, we'll see how things progress. About to get stalled again later this week with another commitment but after that it should be full steam ahead (outside of the day job lol). Also, good news, I just acquired a whole bunch more cars to accommodate the ever-growing waitlist.

I appreciate everyone's patience!

#103 2 years ago

Ran a quick lighting test tonight -- clipped into the wires and hooked up to the Super Jackpot bulb. I really like how that looks in sync with that light! The attract lightshow running doesn't help in this demo though -- since the Expression Lights are part of the attract show, they were always on right at the same time, washing it out in the camera eye, whereas during a game the headlights (and the super jackpot light) would often be lit independently from the EL.

#104 2 years ago

I'm torn now...thinking maybe the headlights should always be on...

Also, you're going to have a version with the Snakes and Arrows sign, correct?

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I'm torn now...thinking maybe the headlights should always be on...
Also, you're going to have a version with the Snakes and Arrows sign, correct?

lol I guess I'll have to do a better wiring job so I can get videos during gameplay to help everyone decide.

Yes, I do still intend to have the S&A arrow sign available, haven't fit checked it yet to see if I need to shorten it (height wise).

#106 2 years ago

nice.I would still like to see always on.Im sure its not possible to light on red barchetta multiball.I like what I see for sure.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

nice....... Im sure its not possible to light on red barchetta multiball.

Yeah, can you get with the Stern programmers and work that out, please?

Of course, this would be the ultimate add for this mod.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Yeah, can you get with the Stern programmers and work that out, please?
Of course, this would be the ultimate add for this mod.

yes and the new brake lights look cool too

1 week later
#109 2 years ago

Quick updates:

For the upper left location:
- I adjusted the position of the attach lobes on the grassy shoulder to better locate the scene, so it'll more fully cover the existing plastic. (Front edge / corner was sticking out before)
- I also transferred the lobes and extended the pavement to create a pavement-only version that some folks had requested.
- I fit-checked the tree on the grassy-shoulder version but unfortunately it's too tall. They do make smaller versions of the tree but then the scale looks weird when compared with the car. I also have some corn stalks and wheat, but I think that'll be getting carried away, lol.
- I fit-checked the Snakes & Arrows sign; looks great but it's also slightly too tall, so I'll tweak my model to shorten that so it'll be an option.
- I have two other sign options I'm working on, so instead of a tree you could do an additional sign.

For the one-lane bridge:
- I made numerous adjustments to the model last night, some for design/aesthetics and some for mounting adjustments to accommodate the angled section of ramp. (I don't like it sloped down so adding sections to help level it off.)

Pics to follow in the coming days.

#110 2 years ago

I haven't been to this thread for a couple weeks and it's exciting to see the progress. My favorite setup so far would be the one-lane bridge positioned over the right ramp. Not sure if I would get the lights but if I do, maybe "always on" would be my preference. The flashing headlights take me back to the time when people would flash their headlights at you when there was a cop hidden down the road - so maybe flashing does make sense in the context of the song.

#111 2 years ago

Thank you for keeping us posted!

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I haven't been to this thread for a couple weeks and it's exciting to see the progress. My favorite setup so far would be the one-lane bridge positioned over the right ramp. Not sure if I would get the lights but if I do, maybe "always on" would be my preference. The flashing headlights take me back to the time when people would flash their headlights at you when there was a cop hidden down the road - so maybe flashing does make sense in the context of the song.

At a glance, tying in the lights on the bridge would likely either be always on from one of the GI bulbs below, or pulse/flash by tying into the flasher bulb. Just early thoughts, haven't looked closely at that yet, want to get the model finalized. I'm about to get slammed with a week-long project at work next week too, drat

Tiptoe, tiptoe, getting closer...

#113 2 years ago

Man, now you’re making me second guess lol whether I want the bridge or the curve road with the 2 signs…

Can’t wait for the pics.

It all truly sounds fantastic.
Can’t wait.

#114 2 years ago

Made huge progress over the last few days -- finalized the mounts/scenes & signs for the back left corner version, and ironed out the installation process and hardware. I'll include some pics and the video in this post. Since it late at night (yet again) and I can't see straight, I won't try to work out numbers (I know, everyone's waiting!).

First: the other burning question, how hard is the installation? Not very. Here's my DIY install video to guide you, gaffs and dropped hardware and all:

Now, if you go with the grassy shoulder option, you can have up to three road signs added -- Working Men, Snakes & Arrows, or R40. These are all 3D printed with multiple filament changes so they are one solid piece. The grassy shoulder has a matching hole in which I press-fit the sign post.

20220402_000644 (resized).jpg20220402_000644 (resized).jpg

The pics below show one sign installed but I have configurations that can allow for two or three. Personally, I like how it looks with one or two; three gets pretty crowded and busy.

Here's pics with the road & grassy shoulder:

20220402_000345(0) (resized).jpg20220402_000345(0) (resized).jpg

20220402_000308 (resized).jpg20220402_000308 (resized).jpg

20220402_000414 (resized).jpg20220402_000414 (resized).jpg

20220402_000501 (resized).jpg20220402_000501 (resized).jpg

Here's a look with the other signs:

20220402_000715 (resized).jpg20220402_000715 (resized).jpg

20220402_000753 (resized).jpg20220402_000753 (resized).jpg

And here's a look with the road-only version:

20220402_002215 (resized).jpg20220402_002215 (resized).jpg

20220402_002139 (resized).jpg20220402_002139 (resized).jpg

20220402_002527 (resized).jpg20220402_002527 (resized).jpg

If you know you'll want one of the road scenes (and not the one lane bridge) and if you know you won't want lit headlights, then you're getting pretty warm! Now that these scenes are finalized, next step is to test packaging to determine what size boxes I'll need to order to safely ship them.

Added 23 months ago:

See here for updated installation video! I did a better job at it this time, plus it shows incorporation of the lighting.

#115 2 years ago

Ok, looks great, I'll be needing the road with grass, snakes sign and no headlights please!!!

#116 2 years ago

Cool mod Rocket City!

#117 2 years ago

Looks great I’ll need the grass and a road sign and maybe lights. I’m on your list can’t wait for that mod.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Now, if you go with the grassy shoulder option, you can have up to three road signs added -- Working Men, Snakes & Arrows, or R40. These are all 3D printed with multiple filament changes so they are one solid piece. The grassy shoulder has a matching hole in which I press-fit the sign post.

You missed the obvious...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

You missed the obvious...[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea! Might be tight with lettering that small but it's worth a shot.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Made huge progress over the last few days -- finalized the mounts/scenes & signs for the back left corner version, and ironed out the installation process and hardware. I'll include some pics and the video in this post. Since it late at night (yet again) and I can't see straight, I won't try to work out numbers (I know, everyone's waiting!).
First: the other burning question, how hard is the installation? Not very. Here's my DIY install video to guide you, gaffs and dropped hardware and all:

[quoted image]
The pics below show one sign installed but I have configurations that can allow for two or three. Personally, I like how it looks with one or two; three gets pretty crowded and busy.
Here's pics with the road & grassy shoulder:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here's a look with the other signs:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And here's a look with the road-only version:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
If you know you'll want one of the road scenes (and not the one lane bridge) and if you know you won't want lit headlights, then you're getting pretty warm! Now that these scenes are finalized, next step is to test packaging to determine what size boxes I'll need to order to safely ship them.

I like this the best

43789652-4FCD-49A1-AA6C-D29E9AD06C27 (resized).jpeg43789652-4FCD-49A1-AA6C-D29E9AD06C27 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#121 2 years ago

Hey everyone, sorry I went quiet there -- I was out of town on another business trip. Been a crazy couple months with major work happenings and family vacations, but now I should be mostly home until summer, so hopefully I'll be able to move ahead here. Here are some updates on status, availability, pricing, and getting the mod out to you!

___ MOD DEVELOPMENT / AVAILABILITY STATUS __

- Upper left corner road scene mod (with or without grass and signs) is READY, for those who don't want lit headlights.
- Lit headlight configurations are not yet complete; the actual headlight incorporation process is understood but the wiring & tapping into the game has not yet been ironed out.
- One Lane Bridge still needs the adjustment for making it level. I started updating the model for this before my last trip(s) but didn't finish. Hoping to get to that later this week.

___ PRICING __

Pricing, pricing, pricing, the biggest question on everyone's mind. I've been agonizing over pricing all week (and honestly, ever since I began working on this).
I've pinged a handful of you for your feedback / help on this, as it's difficult to land on a price that makes it worth my time & effort (R&D and then printing/assembling/shipping orders) but still not totally outrageous. I thank you for your honesty, as I was surprised to see some feedback suggesting prices way higher than I'd been thinking! Plus, we can't forget the price of the cars themselves.

I'm probably still selling myself short based on the time I have in this, but in the interest of keeping it reasonable, here is the pricing I've landed on for unlit road scene versions:
-- Car & road-only mount --> $80
-- Car & road w/ grassy shoulder --> $95
-- Add sign(s) to grassy shoulder, up to 3 --> $10 each
Shipping will be $8 for US, $20 international.

Pricing for the one-lane bridge, and for addition of lit headlights on either version, is still TBD.

___ WARRANTY __

I need to make this disclaimer here: please keep in mind that you are adding a (very nice) detailed car model into your game, and **you do so at your own risk**. While I will absolutely warranty the components that I manufacture, I cannot warranty the car model itself. In other words, if you get a crazy airball that breaks a windshield or snaps off the steering wheel, I *will not* replace the car. If it breaks the sign or the mount, I *will* replace that for you. Also, as with all my other mods, I'm am not responsible for any damages to your game during installation/use. I don't expect any such damages, and I have the video to show you how to install it without issue -- but I just have to say that anyway.

___ WAITLIST __

If:
- you are on my waitlist, and
- you are certain you want the road scene (variants as pictured & described in Post #114), and
- you are certain you *don't* want lit headlights,
Then:
- your mod is ready for production. Please PM me to work out logistics.

I have enough cars for everyone currently on the waitlist. If you are NOT yet on the waitlist, please PM me but be aware you may need to wait until I either 1) get more cars and/or 2) fulfill the other waitlister requests first.

Thanks for everyone's patience, looking forward to seeing these in your games!

#122 2 years ago

Precise and to point. A very well written and detailed explanation.

You are selling yourself short with that pricing.
Truly being more than fair there $

You sir are a gem. Well done. Brilliant.
I will wait for the bridge. Still undecided on lights.

Can we get a road sign on the edge of the bridge??

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Precise and to point. A very well written and detailed explanation.
You are selling yourself short with that pricing.
Truly being more than fair there $
You sir are a gem. Well done. Brilliant.
I will wait for the bridge. Still undecided on lights.
Can we get a road sign on before bridge ??

Thanks I guess!

Not sure what you mean by the last line though -- "on before bridge"?

#124 2 years ago

Edge of the bridge. Near beginning or end.
Or wherever best fitting… ?

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Edge of the bridge. Near beginning or end.
Or wherever best fitting… ?

Gotcha. I can look at that when I get the next version out.

#126 2 years ago

Experimented with One Lane Bridge sign tonight, as expected it didnt print super clean since the letters are pretty small -- but I'm way pickier than most, and while close up I'm not crazy about it, from a distance they might look clean enough. Took a pic from farther away tonget a feel for it. Let me know if I should continue with these and make them an option.

20220411_000247 (resized).jpg20220411_000247 (resized).jpg20220411_000309 (resized).jpg20220411_000309 (resized).jpg
#127 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Experimented with One Lane Bridge sign tonight, as expected it didnt print super clean since the letters are pretty small -- but I'm way pickier than most, and while close up I'm not crazy about it, from a distance they might look clean enough. Took a pic from farther away tonget a feel for it. Let me know if I should continue with these and make them an option.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Speaking for my order, I’m a no. I will stick with the curvy road sign and the R40 options I called out in my DM to you.

Thanks for the quick turnaround test.

#128 2 years ago

Dont need a a new sign imo.
If possible perhaps to place one of the already made signs “working man” sign or R40 etc.

The signs you showed already are great.
And imo better fit to Rush references etc

#129 2 years ago

Honestly, I wish they weren't three-dimensional...I'm sure that puts me on an island, but I would prefer if they were actually printed flat, like a real sign. But that's just me.

1 week later
#130 2 years ago

How soon can I leave the giant stranded at the riverside? He he. And It might be dusk...

#131 2 years ago

I couldn't resist the temptation to do more testing with the wiring setup for the headlights. I absolutely love them tied into the Super Jackpot light.

Here's a teaser of what that'll look like. I had to fabricate another part and I have some different hardware on the way, so this isn't the final setup (more on that later), but these video should at least give you a feel for the 'interactive' headlight look.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I couldn't resist the temptation to do more testing with the wiring setup for the headlights...

Looks Awesome!!!

#133 2 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Looks awesome

37A85993-68C6-4E1A-9688-94514E0A4565 (resized).jpeg37A85993-68C6-4E1A-9688-94514E0A4565 (resized).jpeg
#134 1 year ago

Great news, one-lane-bridgers -- I FINALLY had the opportunity to finish up (this round of) adjustments on the bridge -- the ones I needed to make it more level since it looked a little weird sloped downward. Running one overnight & into tomorrow with thicker layers (just to speed up the print but it won't look quite as nice) to see how close I am in my measurements/fit. Unfortunately the adjustments added a fair amount of material so that makes the overall print time quite long. Guess we'll see tomorrow if it's worth it!

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Great news, one-lane-bridgers -- I FINALLY had the opportunity to finish up (this round of) adjustments on the bridge -- the ones I needed to make it more level since it looked a little weird sloped downward. Running one overnight & into tomorrow with thicker layers (just to speed up the print but it won't look quite as nice) to see how close I am in my measurements/fit. Unfortunately the adjustments added a fair amount of material so that makes the overall print time quite long. Guess we'll see tomorrow if it's worth it!

Best wishes! Can hardly wait!!!

#136 1 year ago

Ok update time! I'm happy with my setup for the lighting hookup for the corner road version -- in fact, it'll come with some extra goodies to fancy up the installation a bit, which I'll outline in a later post. I'm hoping to finalize (& time) my wiring installation process this weekend so I can finally nail down the pricing and start getting the lit versions sent out.

One lane bridge update! By some miracle, my revisions to the bridge model worked out on the first try. Changes I made:

1) the biggest issue was the angle; sitting atop the channel, it was sloped downward and looked goofy. So, I had to "raise" the front end to make it level with the game pitch. This proved tricky because the side walls of the channel are not the same height. It also adds more material (read: print time) because the bridge now has an extra side wall and a front. I also wasnt entirely sure what structure to make in the front -- you typically wouldn't see this end since this is where it would meet the road, so I envisioned another arch butting up against steep dropoff on the riverbank.

2) Installation grooves. I'd already incorporated a groove/slot under the bridge to slide over the edge of the channel. I had to angle this slot more to accommodate the new setup, which worked great. But how to attach/affix it? I debated a few options including double sided tape, or a printed lobe to attach at a nearby screw ... but with the addition of the other side wall, I had an idea, and by golly it actually worked! I carefully measured the channel and added a similar slot on that side -- so the bridge attaches by the channel edges fitting into both slots. Their overall width is just so that the channel pushes outward into the slots and it stays in place all by itself-- no screws or tape required! I'm really happy about this, makes installation is super duper easy.

Ok so here are some pics of the new setup. KEEP IN MIND THIS DRAFT IS PRINTED AT VERY THICK LAYER SETTINGS just so I could print it faster and see if it fit, so it looks very sloppy. (The finest resolution version will take 28 hours to print -- I may need to find some additional time savings in the design/slicing if I can). Now that I know it fits, I started a fine-resolution one that'll be done tomorrow night.

So here are few pics and a video; if you've been waiting on the bridge, let me know what you think!

(Ignore the one in the corner, obviously you wouldn't have both)
20220429_133633 (resized).jpg20220429_133633 (resized).jpg20220429_133650 (resized).jpg20220429_133650 (resized).jpg20220429_133728 (resized).jpg20220429_133728 (resized).jpg20220429_133746 (resized).jpg20220429_133746 (resized).jpg

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

One lane bridge update! By some miracle, my revisions to the bridge model worked out on the first try. ...
So here are few pics and a video; if you've been waiting on the bridge, let me know what you think!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome to me!!! Great work!

#138 1 year ago

Alright ran the finer resolution overnight and today and it's SWEEEET

This version is printed in what I'm calling "stone", a medium gray with dark flake. I'm running one in brick tonight/tomorrow and can run another in regular gray, then you'll have pics to help choose. Then I'll finalize the pricing (want to see if I can get the print time down further) and then one lane bridges (unlighted) will be ready to start shipping!

20220430_163828 (resized).jpg20220430_163828 (resized).jpg20220430_163832 (resized).jpg20220430_163832 (resized).jpg20220430_163841 (resized).jpg20220430_163841 (resized).jpg20220430_163847 (resized).jpg20220430_163847 (resized).jpg20220430_182616 (resized).jpg20220430_182616 (resized).jpg
#139 1 year ago

Ok so I worked a little more on my lighting-incorporation process today. It's not quite as simple as a custom mod where you can design accommodations for the lighting right into it -- in this case, it's having to work it into an existing detailed model. It's a fair amount of work on each one, which includes the following:
1) Disassemble the car
2) Trim a small section of internal frame to provide clearance for wiring
3) Align & glue the headlights
4) Confirm good alignment with lights-on test
5) Glue down the wires in a separate location to provide strain relief
6) Paint over the glue to prevent light from spilling out of wheelwells
7) Combine the wires then solder in a resistor
8) Remove one end fitting from a comet extension (or cut a longer one and strip the ends)
9) Feed the comet wires through the base and solder the ends to the light wires
10) Bundle up the excess wire and tuck into internal frame
11) Reassemble car

Also --
a) print custom Super Jackpot bulb mount
b) attach comet bulb to bulb mount
c) bag up parts & extra replacement hardware

So with all this extra work (and a few bucks worth of extra parts -- the headlight LEDs, comet extension, comet bulb, attach hardware, and custom bulb mount -- see installation video), I'm going to add $60 to the price of the mod for lit headlights.

That puts the pricing structure for the Road Scene versions as follows:
Car + Road-only Mount = $80
Car + Road w/ Grassy Shoulder = $95
Add sign(s) to shoulder = $10 each
Add lighting to either version = +$60
Shipping = $8

Please also keep in mind I'm only using what I believe is the nicest version of the car model. There are a few different versions out there that I've seen some folks use, and they are not all equivalent.

So the version shown in the video below (car + road w/ grassy shoulder + sign + lighting) is $165 plus shipping. Car & road-only version with headlights is $140 + shipping. I hope you find this pricing structure fair and reasonable -- and if so I'll be ready to start shipping lit versions soon. If you're on my waitlist and you definitely know this is the version you want (i.e., you don't need to wait for the finalized one-lane bridge to consider), then please reach out and I'll get it going.

I'm also very close on the one-lane bridge, as you saw in previous posts. I'll need to optimize/finalize print time before I can nail down the pricing on that one (but it'll be more than the road scene due to the significantly longer print time) and see where I'll be working in the lighting for that one. The design itself is done, I've very happy with it (it's beautiful! check out the previous post), and the installation is super easy, so it's just a matter of finalizing the print process. Look for updates on that version later in the week. Once I have all versions finalized and priced, I'll start contacting my waitlisters.

Updated installation video, with improved process and also showing how to install the lighting:

#140 1 year ago

The version in brick finished printing this evening, so here's pics of that one. I'm running one in marble next (lighter than "stone" posted earlier), and then will run a darker gray one after that.

Ignore the one in the upper left, I'm not suggesting you put two in the same game lol
20220501_224904 (resized).jpg20220501_224904 (resized).jpg20220501_224918 (resized).jpg20220501_224918 (resized).jpg20220501_224924 (resized).jpg20220501_224924 (resized).jpg20220501_225252 (resized).jpg20220501_225252 (resized).jpg

#141 1 year ago

As does happen occasionally, had a failure today during the Marble print. I'll run it again before getting pics in the game but here it is compared with the other two, for a color comparison.

20220502_213746 (resized).jpg20220502_213746 (resized).jpg
#142 1 year ago

I have not seen this brought up yet, so let me know if I missed it somewhere: the Red Barchetta mod with road is heavy enough to slightly bend the plastic ramp to which it's mounted, therefore altering the trajectory of the left ramp shot. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me this long to figure out why that shot had changed so badly...it would go up and around the ramp and them slam into the intersection of the two ramps, then drop down to the left runout ramp every time, instead of running through to the right or being stopped by the diverter. I have temporarily installed a small plastic straw to elevate the right front corner of the road, and that shot is completely back to normal, but would love to see a more permanent solution than mine.
Anyone else?

20220502_231252 (resized).jpg20220502_231252 (resized).jpg20220502_231308 (resized).jpg20220502_231308 (resized).jpg
#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I have not seen this brought up yet, so let me know if I missed it somewhere: the Red Barchetta mod with road is heavy enough to slightly bend the plastic ramp to which it's mounted, therefore altering the trajectory of the left ramp shot. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me this long to figure out why that shot had changed so badly...it would go up and around the ramp and them slam into the intersection of the two ramps, then drop down to the left runout ramp every time, instead of running through to the right or being stopped by the diverter. I have temporarily installed a small plastic straw to elevate the right front corner of the road, and that shot is completely back to normal, but would love to see a more permanent solution than mine.
Anyone else?

I put a brass rod under it before I played first game. My thought was to protect the mod, not it altering the shot. I bent it into a box shape underneath the road, about 1.5" square. Not sure it's needed, but the car and road look so good, I wanted to protect them. From players prospective, it's pretty much unseen.

20220502_203110 (resized).jpg20220502_203110 (resized).jpg20220502_203114 (resized).jpg20220502_203114 (resized).jpg20220502_203128 (resized).jpg20220502_203128 (resized).jpg20220502_203200 (resized).jpg20220502_203200 (resized).jpg
#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Anyone else?

Fascinating -- I'm curious to see if others chime in on this. I can say with my own, there is no issue whatsoever with the ramp shot, it flows to whichever route it's supposed to go (based on current diverter status of course). At first I was wondering if maybe you'd omitted the clear plastic piece, which would provide extra support, but looking closely at your pics I can see it there. Sorry you had this trouble, let's see what else turns up in the discussion.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put a brass rod under it before I played first game. My thought was to protect the mod, not it altering the shot.

Interesting idea. More importantly though, are you missing a headlight???

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

At first I was wondering if maybe you'd omitted the clear plastic piece, which would provide extra support, but looking closely at your pics I can see it there. Sorry you had this trouble, let's see what else turns up in the discussion.

Yes, I re-installed the existing clear plastic ramp cover under the road, also figuring that it may provide some extra bracing.
I'm really shocked that nobody else has run into this. It was such a stark contrast on that ramp shot before and after. As i said, I was ashamed that it didn't occur to me a bit quicker what was happening. I even checked all the screws on that ramp, thinking maybe something was loose, but everything was tight, and the ramp is definitely twisting slightly if I allow the full weight of the car and road to hang without support. I'm going to need to experiment with different methods of supporting that road.
Thanks for the input. We'll see if anyone else speaks up.

#146 1 year ago

Well, looks like I'm alone with this issue. Strange.

Anyway, improved on the support for the corner. I'm afraid that straw wasn't going to last. Used a piece of stainless tube, slipped right over the VUK support screw, and notched at the top to hold the corner. Just a friction fit for now.

20220504_200035 (resized).jpg20220504_200035 (resized).jpg20220504_200119 (resized).jpg20220504_200119 (resized).jpg
#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Well, looks like I'm alone with this issue. Strange.
Anyway, improved on the support for the corner. I'm afraid that straw wasn't going to last. Used a piece of stainless tube, slipped right over the VUK support screw, and notched at the top to hold the corner. Just a friction fit for now.

Super weird. Well, I'm glad you found a way -- I was looking at the first picture for a while and couldn't figure out what you'd added! lol Second pic made it more obvious, but using stainless, it really blends in well. Soon you won't even see it anymore, just looks like part of the game.

#148 1 year ago

Hey Red Barchetta folks, still printing different color bridges (for options) and working on the optional light setup for the bridge, then I'll be pinging you all for your finale selections.

My marble filament was fighting me, it failed via filament breakage three or four prints so I lost every one -- and at 28 hours per print, that's a lot of lost time. I switched to a different roll I had, we'll see by tomorrow if that one fares better.

Anyway, I decided to look around for more options too, and I'm really excited about this one -- I found this sandstone-ish one that lives in the tan/brown family, and I think this will match the colors of the game art a lot better and thus will be a GREAT option. (In the picture below, the one I've posted before that I've called 'stone' is on the left, the new 'sandstone' one is on the right. I've got it on order and should have it in a few days.

So the way I see it, there will likely be 5 bridge color options:
- Marble
- Brick
- Stone
- Sandstone
- Gray

The first four of these have flake in them to give them a naturally stony look. The gray just look like gray, but lots of stone is gray, so ... it's gray.

Stay tuned!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#149 1 year ago

Madr some adjustments to the One Lane Bridge sign -- made it slightly larger, thickened the sign itself, and reduced the layers of the text, so it prints much nicer now. Consider this an option for your sign(s) add-ons!

20220509_154958 (resized).jpg20220509_154958 (resized).jpg
#150 1 year ago

Suffered a print failure with the new sandstone, so I'm fairly certain the problem lies in my print settings as it happened just like with the marble. Think im having too-frequent retractions and these filaments are a little softer, so it's chewing them up and breaking them. I wanted to tweak the model anyway to adjust the size of my wiring pass-through so I'll do that at the same time as the printing adjustments.

BUT, it did get far enough to at least stick it in the game and show you what this color looks like. This one's definitely the winner in my book, as its tan color ties in well with the wood and the art color scheme. Ultimately the choice is up to you and I'll have all options available.

Robb's not sure but I think Sansa is impressed.

16524171136022792471338432311392 (resized).jpg16524171136022792471338432311392 (resized).jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion/page/3?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.