20220504_200035 (resized).jpg
20220504_200119 (resized).jpg
20220502_203110 (resized).jpg
20220502_203114 (resized).jpg
20220502_203128 (resized).jpg
20220502_203200 (resized).jpg
20220502_231308 (resized).jpg
20220502_231252 (resized).jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 2 years ago

Bridge is coming along nicely - really dig the light gray one with the car on it in the most recent post!

I think the real test for lights on the car will be seeing it in the context of game lighting. Any chance you can hook up to another pin and do a quick video? Really appreciate the effort on this mod!

#52 2 years ago

agreed - install location in context with actual game lighting will determine if there's too much overflow. if the LEDs aren't too warm, you might be able to glue in a deflector of some sort

o, and I also love the new bridge updates!

#53 2 years ago

I’m in for the lights on mine.

Can you shoot some spray paint to cover the backs of the lenses when you’re in there?

#54 2 years ago

Looks great, following closely...

#55 2 years ago

Maybe sell one version with lights, one without.

I would go without, cheaper, less hassle fitting and zero maintenance.

#56 2 years ago

Leaning this way myself.
Seconded.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I agree - I would prefer no lights.

Looks great.

#58 2 years ago

No Lights for me Either

#59 2 years ago

No lights for me as well.

#60 2 years ago

I haven't decided, but I like having the option.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Alright, lighting update. I acquired some super tiny LEDs and wired them up -- had to solder in a resistor for proper voltage, hot glue the LEDs behind the lenses, and run the wiring out as before.
[quoted image]
As you can see below, these are MUCH brighter -- in general, but also since they're better aligned with the lenses.
[quoted image]
Always a downside though ... in this case, the light is very visible under the fender in front of the tire. Does this make it too sloppy?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The other downside of course is the incandescents were already nicely wired up with terminals and connectors. These tiny LEDs are "raw" so they'll definitely require extra work on my end. I liked the idea of having the connectors, where you could simply just plug into a comet matrix bulb/connector. So I'll either have to install the terminals or maybe it'd be easier to hook up alligator clips and clip on to the GI circuit.
Thoughts? Anyone still interested in it being lit now, with this setup?

I would like to order one

#62 2 years ago

If you offer the lights, I am in. If not, I am still in. I love this mod!

#63 2 years ago

Tortfesor , Shapeshifter , Sixtieskid , or anyone else who's following along in here ... if you're interested please PM me to officially get on the waitlist -- the cars are in limited supply so I'll only be able to make so many of these.

Looks like there's demand for both lighted and unlighted so I'll continue playing with the lights when I can. Busy few weeks ahead at work, plus still waiting on the game to arrive, etc.

I like the idea of putting it in a game temporarily just to see the lighting brightness in comparison with surroundings; I can put it in my Game of Thrones at the next opportunity and take a video.

Thanks again for the continued interest! Looking forward to finalizing this and the Signals and Presto mods. Made good progress on the latter, getting some of those into pre-production so I don't get buried later

#64 2 years ago

Nice work on the Lit Barchetta. I like it. I cant wait to see what it looks like in the game. Im swaying towards the Lit one, But I want to see the difference in cost.

#65 2 years ago

No lights for me please.

2 weeks later
#66 2 years ago

Sorry there haven't been any updates lately -- I've been craaaazy busy at the day job and what little time I've had for mods has been put toward finalizing the Signals and Presto mods, since those were more reasonable to work with an external fit-checker (since I didn't have my game yet).

The Barchetta mod is too complex with too many variables to deal with the model-ship-test-modify-reprint-ship-test etc. process, so I'd put it on the back burner until my game arrives -- which, thankfully, is very soon!

Day job will continue to be insanely busy for the next few weeks but I'm hoping to start making progress on this again soon. Don't worry, this mod IS happening -- otherwise all these cars would be homeless!

Screenshot_20220218-182246_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220218-182246_Gallery (resized).jpg

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry there haven't been any updates lately -- I've been craaaazy busy at the day job and what little time I've had for mods has been put toward finalizing the Signals and Presto mods, since those were more reasonable to work with an external fit-checker (since I didn't have my game yet).
The Barchetta mod is too complex with too many variables to deal with the model-ship-test-modify-reprint-ship-test etc. process, so I'd put it on the back burner until my game arrives -- which, thankfully, is very soon!
Day job will continue to be insanely busy for the next few weeks but I'm hoping to start making progress on this again soon. Don't worry, this mod IS happening -- otherwise all these cars would be homeless!
[quoted image]

cant wait for that Mod to be shipped

#68 2 years ago

When can we order the presto mod ?

Put me down for one. Thanks !

Mookie

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

When can we order the presto mod ?
Put me down for one. Thanks !
Mookie

My game arrived about two hours ago so I'll get to fit checks and such tomorrow!

#70 2 years ago

Love it! Especially lit b/c IMO any car with headlights that are lit looks more alive. I’m in for a Barchetta w/lights.

I do agree with Black_Knight; if there’s is a way to cover or coat the backside of the lights in the fender wells so that it doesn’t spill out that would be a bonus.

For display, the bridge is my fav but I am very intrigued by the idea of the car rounding a corner ‘two lanes wide’ suggested by having just green above and not below the road.

Thanks for taking all the input and turning it into art! All of us Rush fans are grateful.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballshooter:

Love it! Especially lit b/c IMO any car with headlights that are lit looks more alive. I’m in for a Barchetta w/lights.
I do agree with Black_Knight; if there’s is a way to cover or coat the backside of the lights in the fender wells so that it doesn’t spill out that would be a bonus.
For display, the bridge is my fav but I am very intrigued by the idea of the car rounding a corner ‘two lanes wide’ suggested by having just green above and not below the road.
Thanks for taking all the input and turning it into art! All of us Rush fans are grateful.

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback. Lots of ideas to tinker with once I get out of the woods (reference previous post about insane time constraints). Stay tuned, I appreciate everyone's patience!

#73 2 years ago

whos impatient

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:whos impatient

me!!

#75 2 years ago

not me Hayfarmer asked me to bump.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

not me Hayfarmer asked me to bump.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, dont bring me into this fire. Sky king has my back

#77 2 years ago

lol guys, thanks for the laugh! As mentioned, work has been absolutely brutal these last few weeks but should finally be lightening up after the coming week, then I plan to take a little time off to reintroduce myself to my family, lol ... then I'll be getting back on this.

In the meantime, some of you who ordered Signals and Presto mods might be getting yours soon! Still many, many more to make but making progress in between everything else!

20220226_234748 (resized).jpg20220226_234748 (resized).jpg
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

lol guys, thanks for the laugh! As mentioned, work has been absolutely brutal these last few weeks but should finally be lightening up after the coming week, then I plan to take a little time off to reintroduce myself to my family, lol ... then I'll be getting back on this.
In the meantime, some of you who ordered Signals and Presto mods might be getting yours soon! Still many, many more to make but making progress in between everything else![quoted image]

Looking good!!

#79 2 years ago

I am *VERY* new here buy would love to order one of these.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

I am *VERY* new here buy would love to order one of these.

Send me a PM to get on the list. I think the list is full for the cars I have, but I occasionally get more cars and/or may have folks drop from the list.

1 week later
#81 2 years ago

Ok finally time to get on my way (hit the open road) and make progress.

I did a fit check in the originally intended position for the one lane bridge and determined a few things:
1) the bad news is, it's a smidge too wide. The good news is, i have enough excess width that I can narrow it slightly and that'll be fine.
2) the bad news is, as feared, the slope is a little much, it looks a little goofy sloped down. The good news, it's not too sloped where I'll have to add extra height, all I'll need to do is angle the slot (that accepts the side edge of the ramp) and that'll make it level again -- level with respect to the glass / expression lighting, but this looks correct to the eye. So, next iteration will have updated width and angle slot. I may attempt to add the screw attach lobe on this next run too.

too slopedtoo sloped

proper angle, will adjust accordinglyproper angle, will adjust accordingly

I also took a look at if this could mount at the S-curve in the ramp. Obviously it's too much going on if you have my Signals mod -- but if you don't, this might be an option. I really like being able to see the side of the bridge, but it also slightly crowds the time machine. Anyway, thought I'd post this rough fit pick to see if anyone wants this as an option.

picture it without the dog/hydrant?picture it without the dog/hydrant?

I looked more at the lighting-leaking-out-the-wheelwells -- I found a good color matching paint, and it looks like this might work, just painting over the lights/glue.

20220314_184235 (resized).jpg20220314_184235 (resized).jpg

20220314_184203 (resized).jpg20220314_184203 (resized).jpg

Finally, I fit checked the road scene in the back left corner -- needs some minor reshaping/resizing. I pulled the plastic from up there and scanned it to use as a pattern for the attach lobes and positioning, so I'll have an updated version (with more road instead of inner shoulder) soon.

#82 2 years ago

Upper left will look great I think, Interested to see

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Upper left will look great I think, Interested to see

Co-sign, was just wondering if that back/left corner curve would be a nice spot for this, maybe on a flat road instead of the one-lane bridge like there were mocks for earlier.

#84 2 years ago

Very interesting.

I’m liking the possibilities.
And you’re making this look more fantastic by the day.

Great job. I’m most definitely looking forward to adding this as well as your other mods.

Brilliant.

#85 2 years ago

Ok, cool update time! Got the grass section reshaped to match the curved plastic up in that corner, with attach lobes. Per your suggestions, I removed the inner grass shoulder and widened the road to include the center stripe to give the illusion/look of the opposite lane. Looks great! I placed it in my game (attached by only one screw for now) to snap a few pics. I expect this piece to replace the curved plastic ramp cover in that corner, but there's no reason it couldn't just mount on top of it either, up to you. I attached one screw and rested it on top of the others (and the plastic) for the rough pics shown below -- obviously fully attaching it (or removing the plastic altogether) will eliminate that visible gap.

Also, of course please disregard the broken windshield on this one, lol ... this one has been my test car that's been handled and disassembled quite a bit, during which another family member (who shall remain nameless) dropped it from height and it landed upside down....

Let me know what you think of this version so far and I'll see about getting the sign and/or tree re-incorporated.

Hoping to run an updated bridge tonight or tomorrow so I can get some updated pics of that version too. Stay tuned for more!

20220316_171808 (resized).jpg20220316_171808 (resized).jpg

20220316_171702 (resized).jpg20220316_171702 (resized).jpg

20220316_171638 (resized).jpg20220316_171638 (resized).jpg

20220316_172038 (resized).jpg20220316_172038 (resized).jpg

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Let me know what you think of this version so far and I'll see about getting the sign and/or tree re-incorporated.
Hoping to run an updated bridge tonight or tomorrow so I can get some updated pics of that version too. Stay tuned for more!

Thanks for the updates! I am thinking the back corner is looking more like the option my wife and I like best!

Super excited to mount your finished mod in the game!

Scott

#87 2 years ago

looks Great Back Corner looks like the best place too me as Well.... My wife could care less lol

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok, cool update time! Got the grass section reshaped to match the curved plastic up in that corner, with attach lobes. Per your suggestions, I removed the inner grass shoulder and widened the road to include the center stripe to give the illusion/look of the opposite lane. Looks great! I placed it in my game (attached by only one screw for now) to snap a few pics. I expect this piece to replace the curved plastic ramp cover in that corner, but there's no reason it couldn't just mount on top of it either, up to you. I attached one screw and rested it on top of the others (and the plastic) for the rough pics shown below -- obviously fully attaching it (or removing the plastic altogether) will eliminate that visible gap.
Also, of course please disregard the broken windshield on this one, lol ... this one has been my test car that's been handled and disassembled quite a bit, during which another family member (who shall remain nameless) dropped it from height and it landed upside down....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks factory in upper corner. Wonder if you can do without the grass, maybe just gray or asphalt? When does mine ship?

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wonder if you can do without the grass, maybe just gray or asphalt?

Thought someone might ask. I probably can. I'll put together the various options to present at a later time.

#90 2 years ago

Looks like it was meant to be in the back corner.

Nicely done!

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How did you get that back plastic piece off? Seems almost impossible to remove, even with the playfield moved out. Only option might be to remove the entire ramp. Those nuts have to be held to remove the upper bolts and they are hidden with the ramp plastics. Thanks.

#92 2 years ago

I dig the back corner placement A LOT !! That will be my choice for sure when you are ready to rock.

#93 2 years ago

I have a little collection in my office

6E8FA8C3-CD52-42C4-AD15-D3592ABB1611 (resized).jpeg6E8FA8C3-CD52-42C4-AD15-D3592ABB1611 (resized).jpeg
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How did you get that back plastic piece off? Seems almost impossible to remove, even with the playfield moved out. Only option might be to remove the entire ramp. Those nuts have to be held to remove the upper bolts and they are hidden with the ramp plastics. Thanks.

I plan to shoot installation-instructions videos for the final versions of the mods, to help with things like this. But the answer to your question is: I held a small wrench down under the ramp (reaching in the space in the back left corner) to hold the nuts while using a screwdriver to back off the screws. (Yes, PF has to be pulled out slightly for screwdriver clearance.) It's a little delicate of an operation, as there's not a ton of room, but it's manageable. The other option which I'll try on the next disassembly is to use a socket wrench with an extension, approaching from under the front side of the ramp to access the nuts in the back. The access is good, it's just whether the extension(s) are the correct length.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I plan to shoot installation-instructions videos for the final versions of the mods, to help with things like this. But the answer to your question is: I held a small wrench down under the ramp (reaching in the space in the back left corner) to hold the nuts while using a screwdriver to back off the screws. (Yes, PF has to be pulled out slightly for screwdriver clearance.) It's a little delicate of an operation, as there's not a ton of room, but it's manageable. The other option which I'll try on the next disassembly is to use a socket wrench with an extension, approaching from under the front side of the ramp to access the nuts in the back. The access is good, it's just whether the extension(s) are the correct length.

Is it something that can be put on with Velcro?

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Is it something that can be put on with Velcro?

Yes, probably. I generally prefer to mechanically fasten when that's an available option, to ensure it's positioned properly and remains secured in place, plus then no sticky surfaces are created on factory parts ... but velcro could probably still work. If that's your preference, you could just cut the lobes off the mount and use your velcro instead.

#97 2 years ago

A question / discussion for those who may want the upper left corner road scene WITH lit headlights.

I was considering where to tie in with lighting, and there are two good options here -- if we want for the headlights to be on all the time, the wiring could run behind the back wall and tie in with the GI at the top of that wall. If we want it to be 'interactive', the wiring could run forward and tie in with the Super Jackpot light. This light is used during a lot of the 'lightshows' but obviously also when the super jackpot is lit, which would give it an 'interactive' feel -- "the headlights are on, go for the Barchetta ramp!"

When you view the game from the player's perspective (approx as shown in pic below) the headlights are right "above" the super jackpot sign anyway, so I think that might be a great option. Thoughts?

20220319_165802 (resized).jpg20220319_165802 (resized).jpg
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

A question / discussion for those who may want the upper left corner road scene WITH lit headlights.
I was considering where to tie in with lighting, and there are two good options here -- if we want for the headlights to be on all the time, the wiring could run behind the back wall and tie in with the GI at the top of that wall. If we want it to be 'interactive', the wiring could run forward and tie in with the Super Jackpot light. This light is used during a lot of the 'lightshows' but obviously also when the super jackpot is lit, which would give it an 'interactive' feel -- "the headlights are on, go for the Barchetta ramp!"
When you view the game from the player's perspective (approx as shown in pic below) the headlights are right "above" the super jackpot sign anyway, so I think that might be a great option. Thoughts?[quoted image]

looks great there,do you have a photo just like that with lights on ?

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

looks great there,do you have a photo just like that with lights on ?

Not yet. This one is wired in the car itself but I havent finished the wiring to hook into the game.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

When you view the game from the player's perspective (approx as shown in pic below) the headlights are right "above" the super jackpot sign anyway, so I think that might be a great option. Thoughts?[quoted image]

In my opinion, I think the headlights on for super jackpot is a cool idea. I'm trying to imagine, if they're on all the time, is that necessary and will it be better.

So, when there is a super jackpot in single ball or multiball, will I look up and notice it while so much other stuff is going on? Hard to say. I think just having the mod is awesome, headlights on all the time is cool, having them on for super jackpot is a great idea, but will we notice when they're on while playing?

I guess it depends on how bright and noticeable they get when they're on? We would need someone with live experience if they're that noticable for super jackpot. Otherwise, I would rather have them on all the time to make the mod itself that much cooler to have.

In short, I was thinking having them on for super jackpot was better, but now after thinking it through and typing this out, I'm starting to lean towards having them on all the time.

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-barchetta-mod-rush-development-amp-discussion/page/2?hl=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.