AAB99BC2-0102-42EE-9E00-4A752C61CEDC (resized).png
I-Cant-even-wtf-right-now-WTF-Meme (resized).jpg
mancave (resized).jpg
7003F6A7-C819-40D0-B93E-FF3EFDFDEBE6 (resized).jpeg
8F8528FA-D0D6-4A06-B9B3-04A6B3638783 (resized).jpeg
2809F7B3-F5ED-4A03-A464-E741A2D4EFD3 (resized).jpeg
B2C741C4-AE4B-4EE2-A283-56BCBC556FE6 (resized).jpeg
59963CF3-7336-499A-9739-9D4C1DB49270 (resized).jpeg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I’m a huge Tron fan and I always hoped one day to re-create a Flynn’s Arcade in a basement man cave, complete with Secret Door entrance.

The project has gone way over budget so on a whim a friend said I should start a go fund me page for it. So here is my go fund me page. Obviously there are much more important campaigns out there you could contribute to, but I thought maybe some other Tron fans / old school arcade fans would love to see this through and heck hopefully stop by to play someday!

https://www.gofundme.com/flynns-classic-tron-arcade

#2 6 years ago

59963CF3-7336-499A-9739-9D4C1DB49270 (resized).jpeg59963CF3-7336-499A-9739-9D4C1DB49270 (resized).jpeg

B2C741C4-AE4B-4EE2-A283-56BCBC556FE6 (resized).jpegB2C741C4-AE4B-4EE2-A283-56BCBC556FE6 (resized).jpeg

2809F7B3-F5ED-4A03-A464-E741A2D4EFD3 (resized).jpeg2809F7B3-F5ED-4A03-A464-E741A2D4EFD3 (resized).jpeg

8F8528FA-D0D6-4A06-B9B3-04A6B3638783 (resized).jpeg8F8528FA-D0D6-4A06-B9B3-04A6B3638783 (resized).jpeg

7003F6A7-C819-40D0-B93E-FF3EFDFDEBE6 (resized).jpeg7003F6A7-C819-40D0-B93E-FF3EFDFDEBE6 (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

I'm lost for words. I've had to delete my thoughts at least 4 times. Good luck.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm lost for words. I've had to delete my thoughts at least 4 times. Good luck.

Hopefully not lost for words in a bad way. Feel kinda funny starting a GoFundMe for this but it’s a dream of mine to recreate this in a very cool way and remain true to the arcade from the films. I can tell you I’ve been working my butt off with as much overtime as I can find for this and sold a house to help fund this.

#5 6 years ago

The current state of Flynn’s.

#6 6 years ago

You have over $70K in LE pins including the CE JJPOTC and you are basically asking for funds. I'm sure selling one of these games will help you get your project off the ground. I'll leave it at that...sorry

#7 6 years ago

This won’t end well.

#8 6 years ago

OP has a collection that's second to none in new titles, and wants others to finish his basement.

I'm too lazy. Someone post the John Stewart or Michael Jackson popcorn pic please. This is clearly going to be my entertainment at work today.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You have over $70K in LE pins including the CE JJPOTC and you are basically asking for funds. I'm sure selling one of these games will help you get your project off the ground. I'll leave it at that...sorry

Completely understand. Those will hopefully be purchased if I ever get the project completed. Have to do the room first.

#10 6 years ago

Dude. You’re asking for 75k to trick out your personal basement and you already own 100k worth of pins? Your friend gave you TERRIBLE advice LOL.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dude. You’re asking for 75k to trick out your personal basement and you already own 100k worth of pins? Your friend gave you TERRIBLE advice LOL. This is not going to end well, best of luck!

Yeah I’m starting to see that - oops. Didn’t mean to be a jerk. Really not trying to be. I’m working my butt off to make it happen and I totally don’t expect anyone to donate.

#12 6 years ago

Haha it’s all good, and never hurts to ask. Just put on your fire proof outfit in preparation for the ensuing incredulous comments. Spoiler alert: everybody is going to tell you to sell your pins to fund it

#13 6 years ago

Also, you’re being way too nice and not nearly defensive enough. I just don’t see this turning into a popcorn munching shit-show unfortunately.

#14 6 years ago

Delete your go fund me page.

It's a slap in the face to everyone else on that site who truly needs help.

I'm holding back on what I truly want to say...I'm not interested in a lifetime ban on pinside.

#15 6 years ago

Yea I need a garage to park my new Lamborghini in, I think i will start a go fund me page for that if i were you I would ask a mod to please delete this thred before everyone reads it.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Delete your go fund me page.
It's a slap in the face to everyone else on that site who truly needs help.
I'm holding back on what I truly want to say...I'm not interested in a lifetime ban on pinside.

THIS.

#17 6 years ago

Before funding this, I ask myself WWFD - What Would Flynn Do?

#18 6 years ago

mancave (resized).jpgmancave (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

Oh hell!....do what you want! Other people are free to donate or not. They are also free to drain this thread instead of bitch.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They are also free to drain this thread instead of bitch.

...but we can bitch too, right?

Yeah, i get it. The way things are today, there is no shame in asking (begging) for other people's money - even it's just to build a bitchin' man-cave. And yeah, since I'm over 50 years old, I'm now the 'get off my lawn' guy that sees stuff like this, and wonders what the hell happened to get us here.

#21 6 years ago

Colorado's got quite the history of interesting arcade-related Go Fund Me activity.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They are also free to drain this thread instead of bitch.

It's a forum. Rich guy asks for money for a completely unnecessary pet project. I reserve the right to bitch.

"Oh no, I spent $70K on amazing NIB machines bit now don't have the funds to fully THEME my in-progress finished basement!"

You know what that is...?
https://www.hulu.com/watch/317011

#23 6 years ago

No

#24 6 years ago

I-Cant-even-wtf-right-now-WTF-Meme (resized).jpgI-Cant-even-wtf-right-now-WTF-Meme (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

I want to respond in some way but my jaw is still dropped that this thread even exists!

#28 6 years ago

I just watched the video of "The Current State of Flynn's". What was your budget to begin with if you are "way over budget" and one wall has been dry walled?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

The current state of Flynn’s.
» YouTube video

did you take that video with a drone?

#30 6 years ago

Delete the gofundme and either sell some things or earn the money. An acceptable use of gofundme would be the local (to me) firefighter with 2 small kids who, after multiple trips to the ER and misdiagnosis, ended up in the hospital with a lung infection and nearly died. This seems ridiculous and like something a little kid would think up.

#31 6 years ago

Well, so much for my GoFundMe for a new Rolex!

#32 6 years ago

AAB99BC2-0102-42EE-9E00-4A752C61CEDC (resized).pngAAB99BC2-0102-42EE-9E00-4A752C61CEDC (resized).png

#33 6 years ago

This guy should be nominated for the funniest thred of the year.

#34 6 years ago

I am currently renovating my entire home, everything back to brick, 6 months behind schedule and over budget and the games room is the last thing on the list but I had the same idea and have spoke with a couple of friends about re-creating the hidden door in Tron, but never have I considered asking others to fund it.

#35 6 years ago

areyouserious (resized).jpgareyouserious (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

So I dove in. Watched his "current state" video.

I see no construction other than unfinished basement.
Was going over budget simply allocated to your game collection? I don't recall what you own being in Flynn's arcade. Your planning for this project seems flawed

Life is short, can't fault you for trying, but I would suggest thinking outside the box a little instead.

Habitat for Humanity
The American Red Cross
Toys for Tots
Wounded Warrior
World Wildlife Fund
ASPCA
Local Foodbanks, Animal shelters, etc.
The list could go on at great length.

There are so many legitimately in need.

Cast no stones, I donate to charities regularly.

3 weeks later
#37 6 years ago

Who is going to step up already?!Who is going to step up already?!

#38 6 years ago

I just bought a new home so that I can get more pins. Please donate....to cancer research.

#39 6 years ago

"Where is Waldo" on this thread? lol

#40 6 years ago

As a Tron fan such a disappointing thread

#41 6 years ago

I suspect this to be dark comedy. If so, it is being performed at its best.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I’m a huge Tron fan and I always hoped one day to re-create a Flynn’s Arcade in a basement man cave, complete with Secret Door entrance.
The project has gone way over budget so on a whim a friend said I should start a go fund me page for it. So here is my go fund me page. Obviously there are much more important campaigns out there you could contribute to, but I thought maybe some other Tron fans / old school arcade fans would love to see this through and heck hopefully stop by to play someday!
https://www.gofundme.com/flynns-classic-tron-arcade

Grow up dude. If I did something like this, my whole family would get in line to give me a good ole fashioned beat down.

#43 6 years ago

Hilarious.

#45 6 years ago

DRAIN...I have a dream of shoving Disneyland in my broom closet....I need 100K to expand my closet I searched for days to find the right closet lol what a ...!!!

#46 6 years ago

It’s been almost a month. $0 have been funded, but the project is still on gofundme

#47 6 years ago

Embarassing, to say the least....

#48 6 years ago

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST LET THE BOY BUILD A FLYNN'S ARCADE

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#49 6 years ago

This is the first time I have seen this thread and I am in disbelief. So many people that have life threatening issues need help more than a middle aged man trying to scrounge money for a fancy arcade. Instead of raking you over the coals I will offer to help. If you sell some of your games and have cash in hand, I can set you up with some contractors and build your dream arcade. It will probably run between $20-$30K depending on finishes. You should probably delete the Gofundme page, it really is inappropriate.

#50 6 years ago

can't you make one from paper mache?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recreating-flynn%E2%80%99s-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.