(Topic ID: 306645)

Recreating apron graphics with rub on transfers

By tscottn

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

With the unfortunate closure of Pin Rescue in Australia, I have been wondering about creating my own Apron Stickers in Photoshop and then sending them to be printed. This may or may not be as good as Pin Rescues quality but what choice do we really have for early GTB EM games. Today I came across this video of a guy repurposing a Centaur machine into a coffee table. ( blasphemy I know) In the part I bookmarked, he creates his own photoshop file and sends it off to be made into a rub on transfer. The results look amazing to me and the benefit I think is you get no sticker edges or bubbles. I bookmarked the video below. let me know your thoughts. Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Holy crap!!!

#3 2 years ago

Bryan Kelly showed rub on transfers for a Bally apron some time ago. I used them for a nickel plated EM shooter gauge.

The other benefit is that they are screen printed so you can get the correct colours which otherwise might be out of gamut for a printer.

Here are the ones Bryan had made: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mousin-around-dry-rub-apron-transfers

I airbrushed a BSD apron and it turned out pretty well. Paint bleed if it’s not very smooth can be an issue. You can see that approach here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club/page/8#post-5382809

#4 2 years ago

Not something I would be interested in (meaning the table, not the transfer decals they are pretty neat) but the craftsmanship in some of these projects is incredible.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from tscottn:

Today I came across this video of a guy repurposing a Centaur machine into a coffee table. ( blasphemy I know) In the part I bookmarked, he creates his own photoshop file and sends it off to be made into a rub on transfer. The results look amazing to me and the benefit I think is you get no sticker edges or bubbles. I bookmarked the video below. let me know your thoughts. Thanks

What the heck are these "deckelles" he keeps talking about?

With that said, the dude is pretty talented.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recreating-apron-graphics-with-rub-on-transfers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.