42929 (resized).jpeg
20170906_210541 (resized).jpg
20170906_210513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170830-235728 (resized).png
received_10155719961612994 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3350 (resized).JPG
20170826_150925 (resized).jpg
20170826_150913 (resized).jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

What do you folks think? Should I give some mercy on the game and let them hit it one or twice without losing or should I go old school with the rules and be one hit and done?

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

What do you folks think? Should I give some mercy on the game and let them hit it one or twice without losing or should I go old school with the rules and be one hit and done?

One and done!

But I also think you should show some mercy and make me one!

#53 6 years ago

Difficulty option settings? Either Player controlled or operator controlled.

#54 6 years ago

options are good in operator settings if possible.

I think 1 and done is the way to go if no options. At most, a warning and then failure.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agree!

One thing that would be neat is to make the handle metal so when you failed you receive the jolt in your hand!!!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree!
One thing that would be neat is to make the handle metal so when you failed you receive the jolt in your hand!!!

I have read that you can make it a little more voltage and cause a spark when its touched. Still harmless if touched but enough to freak you out for sure.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Either Player controlled or operator controlled

I may be able to add a switch in the cabinet to change the settings quickly for difficulty. I'll look into that. I think in my first revision I will just do one and done and add that later.

#57 6 years ago

One touch = game over all the way. BTW my old booz barometer sparked when you touched the ring to the wire. My wife refused to play it because she was afraid it was gonna shock her. Mine was mounted in a shallow cabinet, kinda cool. Wish i hadnt sold it.

IMG_0691 (resized).JPGIMG_0691 (resized).JPG

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

One touch = game over all the way. BTW my old booz barometer sparked when you touched the ring to the wire. My wife refused to play it because she was afraid it was gonna shock her. Mine was mounted in a shallow cabinet, kinda cool. Wish i hadnt sold it.

That's really neat, I've never seen that kind before. It would have been a lot easier for me to do something like that. Maybe on another one.

#59 6 years ago

We've got the start and end switch figured out finally. It was actually extremely easy and we were over thinking it. I hope to have those installed this week. It obviously won't look original, but because of my cabinet design, I've had to use two locks and put them on the front and I have the hinge rivets up front as well.

Another thing that surprised me is the original art, the one with the guy and the lamppost, that was actually a painted metal disk. Mine will be on a plexi because I want it to light up.

I'll be downloading some sample songs tonight to try out tomorrow. I hope to be able to get those to play randomly until you win/lose/ or timeout.

#60 6 years ago

I vote for I'd Rather Have a Bottle in Front of Me, by Randy Hanzlick

#61 6 years ago

Attract mode (flashing lamp post) now working

#62 6 years ago

Great thread. I have been thinking about trying to do something similar. Have you thought about putting one of the motors that makes a cellphone vibrate in the handle for a little jolt? They are very cheap and I think they run off of 5 volts.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Great thread. I have been thinking about trying to do something similar. Have you thought about putting one of the motors that makes a cellphone vibrate in the handle for a little jolt? They are very cheap and I think they run off of 5 volts.

That's a really neat idea. No I hadn't thought of that before. Right now I actually have an original handle that I got off of Ebay. That's the only original part I have. But I might look into that since it would be simple to do, it would just require a different handle.

#64 6 years ago

I was thinking about using a modified bmx bike grip with a pvc or 3D printed holder for the motor.

#65 6 years ago

I got the music playing perfectly, I did not however get to the countdown tonight like I wanted to. The countdown is a little trickier and I've been reading of several ways to do it, I just want to find the easiest/most reliable method.

I also don't think I ever mentioned it, but when the game boots up, the game will tell you to move the handle to the starting position. There is instructions on a decal, however, most people are not smart or don't read instructions so I am going for an audio callout instead. I got that coded in tonight, now I just need to get an audio source that says that "proceed to start" or something similar. I do not want to have my own voice in there because I don't want to have to listen to myself 10 times a day.

#66 6 years ago

I think I have the timer feature figured out. If I trim the songs down to 2 mins, I should be able to make it go into Game Over at the end of the song. That will save me from having to input a timing feature since I have read that Pi doesn't have a very good built in timer and gets confused when its more than a few seconds.

So someone told me not to over engineer this game when I mentioned timer, but I want to do the timer to basically make sure someone doesn't drop in a coin and walk away causing the game to be playing endlessly until someone else comes by (just explaining the rhyme to my reason).

#67 6 years ago

Tonight I got the Start and Finish switches made. I drilled those two holes. I drilled the holes for the speaker. I did that underneath that way if a beer is spilled, it can't drip into the cabinet. I also drilled the hole for the power cord on the bottom.

The art is in the works and I'm currently working on the paint on the cabinet some more. The paint is really hard to gauge if it will work or not. It changes drastically depending on where you are standing. I'm going to move forward with it and we will know more when the art is here. Until then, it looks better than metal.

20170915_213005 (resized).jpg20170915_213005 (resized).jpg
20170915_213014 (resized).jpg20170915_213014 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#68 6 years ago

Sorry, I've been stuck on other projects.

I just got these pictures from my art guy so I'm hoping to get this project going again.

FB_IMG_1509029737749 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1509029737749 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1509029729193 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1509029729193 (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

Cool been wondering how its going.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Cool been wondering how its going.

I hope to have the artwork Saturday or Monday and then I will test the lights behind the art to see how it looks. I then have to take the Pi from a prototype to a finished set up. I'm not sure how it will look yet but I'd like to keep the wires in a semi professional state.

#71 6 years ago

Jared, that is awesome so far!

#72 6 years ago

Please ignore the blurry photo, my cell camera broke again.

I got the art in, I have it taped into place just for a visual. I think the color matches are perfect.

20171101_124026 (resized).jpg20171101_124026 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#73 6 years ago

Any new progress on this?Still hope to have one myself someday.

#74 6 years ago

So how much was the art? I need that for mine also.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recreating-a-booz-barometer/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.