(Topic ID: 220293)

Recording Audio from PC - Becoming More Difficult???

By Pinball_Nate

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 5 years ago

I have been recording audio from YouTube with excellent recording sound quality simply using my old HP Pavilion computer and sound card and Roxio's audio recording program - HOWEVER, now it appears that all the newer laptops are using sound cards that somehow make it almost impossible to record audio directly from the sound card - is this a correct assumption??

My old HP Pavilion laptop that must be near 10 years old now runs Vista and is no longer supported by almost all the internet browsers, so this simple method of recording for me is unfortunately becoming obsolete due to the risk I'm taking getting virus, etc. running browsers without updates for security.

We have a new MSI laptop and I've tried some of the freeware available that let's you record live audio, but the resulting sound file sounds horrible, and is nowhere near the clarity of the original sound recorded.

Do you have any methods/suggestions for a workaround for this? It's been fantastic for me to build my sizeable music collection for free and I'd hate to lose this resource!!

Thanks,

Nate

#2 5 years ago

Why not use one of the youtube downloaders to download the file from youtube versus trying to record the stream?

If it's more than youtube there are content downloaders available for pretty much anything.

#3 5 years ago

I'm sure there is other software solutions for you. On my Mac I have a paid piece of software called Audio Hijack. Not sure if its also PC, but there have to be more like it.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why not use one of the youtube downloaders to download the file from youtube versus trying to record the stream?
If it's more than youtube there are content downloaders available for pretty much anything.

I'm not really savvy to all this computer stuff..........what downloaders for YouTube are there??

Frolic, I will look for that Audio Hijack also - thanks both of you.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

I'm not really savvy to all this computer stuff..........what downloaders for YouTube are there??

Browsers like chrome and Firefox have a extension store that you can search and download “apps” to do this. I just got one last night but can’t remember the name, for my chrome browser.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

https://y2mate.com/

As always, be careful with these types of websites. Read things before you click on them, they are laden with tricky links.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

https://y2mate.com/
As always, be careful with these types of websites. Read things before you click on them, they are laden with tricky links.

Thanks guys, yes, these sites are very tricky - will take care to read first.................I will also check on the apps in Chrome, thanks northvibe.

-Nate

#8 5 years ago

Found an uploader - damn, just add the link and in about 10 minutes I've got the music - nice!!

Thanks guys for pointing out this simple alternative to real-time recording!!! No I don't feel so bad that my old laptop is slowly being ignored (no more updates and no more browsers available!!! - this HP Pavilion was a GREAT laptop).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recording-audio-from-pc-becoming-more-difficult and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.