(Topic ID: 19265)

Reconditioned?

By jwwhite15

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Right off I am going to apologize because I know this stuff is always being brought up but I just can't resist. One picture and that pic shows the complete lack of attention to detail. Reconditioned...really?! I have a hard time with this kind of crap and how easily sellers can get away with manipulation. Maybe I shouldn't care but I start to feel for the stupid people...Pinball stupid that is.
    ...and I quote:
    Machine is in very good condition, but please understand it has been used - we do not represent it to be like brand new in the factory box condition! We encourage you to ask questions and request additional pictures prior to bidding or purchasing to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase."

Reconditioned - repair something: to bring something back into good condition, especially by repairing it and replacing worn-out parts.

So because it didn't work right before and now it works that is reconditioned? Rubbish, seems like a play on words to entice the uneducated.

ebay.com link: COMET Pinball Machine by WILLIAMS NAMED AFTER RIVERVIEW AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE

Sorry for the rant, I am off my soapbox now...I just hate this crap and these kinds of goofs are the reason why the Pinball market is what it is today.

#2 11 years ago

At least they didn't say restored.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reconditioned and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.