11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by rdleifriaf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

Hey, pinheads! I'll be hauling 8 machines from one side of Washington State to the other and was wondering for if anyone had ratchet straps they would recommend using before I buy some. I don't want to cheap out l, nor do I want overkill. Thanks for any help/insights!

#2 11 months ago

A lot depends on what you are carrying them in.

My 14-ft box truck has 'E' tracks so I use heavy duty 'E' track straps, one per machine:

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/products/2-x16-interior-ratchet-strap-w-spring-e-fittings-gray-webbing?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=643757276&cq_con=26884073220&cq_term=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&utm_term=&utm_campaign=USCC+Shopping+-+Van+Trailer+Products+-+E-Track&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=5185776341&hsa_cam=643757276&hsa_grp=26884073220&hsa_ad=102609216420&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=pla-184582935180&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww7KmBhAyEiwA5-PUShD0kfLsa2NitNCU8tPdGFrrI6bb_kmSvQm0D1QX83W4T4Gsf29HsxoCLtIQAvD_BwE

(It's been so long since I bought these, it's possible I use the 20ft instead of the 16ft).

When I'm on the back of a pickup truck, I'll use orange Harbor Freight straps, but I strap them not only to the front of the truck bed, I strap them DOWN. The straps over the top of the games pulling them downward are essential.

https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-capacity-1-in-x-15-ft-ratcheting-tie-downs-4-pack-63094.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12192885310&campaignid=12192885310&utm_content=115861553686&adsetid=115861553686&product=63094&store=&gclid=CjwKCAjww7KmBhAyEiwA5-PUSulUGGcAio-by2jDc8isIwIcwYvmPZOALgww0sVNgQTOjiQDylkXXhoCoqEQAvD_BwE

If exposed to sunlight I put cardboard over any exposed pinball glass. Sunlight can melt plastics faster than you think, so cardboard over the playfield glass that is exposed.

When I worked in Kansas, due to the wind, I'd still use Harbor Freight straps, but I'd use two over the top of the machines and I'd be making sure the straps are good quality that held the machines firmly to the side or front rails.

I haven't personally transported many on flat trailers, so I can't comment other than to strap them DOWN. Don't make the mistake of 'belly strapping' and having the machine squirt out of the strap like squeezing a watermelon seed between your fingers!

#4 11 months ago

I use Mac's Custom Tie Downs and have for many years. They're American made and they can make them in a variety of colors, with various ends, cinching mechanisms and any length you want. There are cheaper options, but you'd be hard pressed to find better!

www.macscustomtiedowns.com

I have no affiliation with them aside from being a satisfied customer.

#6 11 months ago
    Quoted from rdleifriaf:

Hey, pinheads! I'll be hauling 8 machines from one side of Washington State to the other and was wondering for if anyone had ratchet straps they would recommend using before I buy some. I don't want to cheap out l, nor do I want overkill. Thanks for any help/insights!

most any will work fine, no sense in overspending on ratchet straps. they all last about 5-10 good yrs.

#7 11 months ago

Thank you all for sharing your insights!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.