Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I've made it about 12 years now on a cheap set dedicated for pinball use. Had two plastic handles split recently.

I'd like to find a nice set that included magnetics and possibly ratcheting. I've use Klein for other drivers and really like that tool brand. Anyone use this one?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4M51DQ/ref=ewc_pr_img_2

Any recommended sets out there with magnetics and ratcheting?

#2 1 year ago

I would be interested too - I have these https://www.harborfreight.com/premium-nut-driver-set-7-piece-64826.html and they are ok but not great, they are bulky and don’t really have a great fit if the nut has any amount of wear.

Also ratcheting bit drivers, drive me nuts… haven’t found a decent one that the stupid bit doesn’t fall out and I’ve tried many from Craftsman, Kobalt, Husky and etc.

#3 1 year ago

I use these

Klein Tools 647M Tool Set, Magnetic Nut Drivers Sizes 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2-Inch, 6-Inch Hollow Shafts, 7-Piece https://a.co/d/bBi9upK

#4 1 year ago

Best^^^^^

#5 1 year ago

Agreed^^^^^

#6 1 year ago

I have the klein set as well and they are great.
    The multi driver you posted looks like a cool idea but the size might be restricting in some areas

#7 1 year ago

Best nut driver's

#8 1 year ago

The Klein's are great, the long shaft comes in handy more often than it is too long. It'd be nice if they used different colors to make it easier to choose the right driver at a glance.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

I've made it about 12 years now on a cheap set dedicated for pinball use. Had two plastic handles split recently.
    I'd like to find a nice set that included magnetics and possibly ratcheting. I've use Klein for other drivers and really like that tool brand. Anyone use this one?
    amazon.com link »
    Any recommended sets out there with magnetics and ratcheting?

That thing is terrible for pinball use. Too shallow to use on a nylon threaded nut. I returned me immediately

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

The Klein's are great, the long shaft comes in handy more often than it is too long. It'd be nice if they used different colors to make it easier to choose the right driver at a glance.

Top of the handles on my set has color rings, to tell them apart. Is yours an older set or newer? Had mine for about 12 years now.

And post #3 nailed it, best to have overall. There will be some cases you’ll need shorter handle, but not many.

#11 1 year ago

I have a Hilmor from PL. It will not hold the fastener properly. Spins without turning the fastener. Magnet is OK though. Glad I only bought one. I use it to start the screw into a hole and finish with a Craftsman socket.

#12 1 year ago

I’ve got the Kliens. Great product

#13 1 year ago

Titan Pinball has a long, hollow-shaft set of 4 that I really like.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Titan Pinball has a long, hollow-shaft set of 4 that I really like.

They aren’t great, I’ve lost 2 of the 4 magnets on mine so they become kind of useless for me.

#15 1 year ago

Klein's, all day every day.

#16 1 year ago

Magnets fell out of most of my Klein drivers, maybe I got unlucky.

#17 1 year ago

Ordered the Klein set

#18 1 year ago

I use Xcelite. The older “made in USA” stuff is great. Find a used set on eBay and you’ll be happy with it. Don’t buy new (it is mostly made in China now). Their magnet nut drives are also awesome but just buy the sizes you need. I actually like them better than Klein.

ebay.com link: itm

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Magnets fell out of most of my Klein drivers, maybe I got unlucky.

weird. I've had mine for some years now, and no magnet falling out issue.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommended-nut-driver-sets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.