Wow that's very similar to what I did! The bumper caps, star posts, and rollover lane plastics all look much better purple rather than red, they match the overall game much better.
I also recommend frosted purple around the edges of the GI, and cool white under the slings and inlanes. Cool white works better than warm white on this game because it makes the blue and purple hues of the color scheme look sharper.
The main thing: ColorDMD, LEDOCD, and GIOCD are the top three mods for this game! After that, I would do the following:
- cliffy protectors
- laser cannons
- cut your own third bumper cap. The naked one looks incomplete!
- mirror blades look incredible on this game.
- outlane extenders (really makes only a slight difference, but this game needs them imo)
- replace the ships with Hallmark versions
- translucent rubbers
- pick a cool color for flipper rubbers - I like purple, but you could do blue or red or whatever.
- STTNG PinGulp
- laser etched topper