Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinball_Gizzard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Looking for recommendations on a cleaner/disinfectant to use on my pins especially around the flipper buttons and lockdown bar. Don’t want to damage the side art. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

My non expert opinion is that it is difficult to disinfect the flipper buttons. I would rather use disinfectant on my hands before and after each change of players.

#3 1 year ago

Hey Brent. I use Lysol disinfecting wipes at home and haven’t seen any issues with the cabinet art. Granted I’m not wiping down my games every day, but before and after league and tournaments for sure and I’ve never had an issue.

#4 1 year ago

Lysol wipes here also.

#5 1 year ago

How about rubber gloves?

Unknown (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago

Been using my F10 veterinary disinfectant that i have for my snakes. Mixed it double strength as it's pretty harmless. same thing, players squirt there hands and rub between balls. Kills viruses, bacteria and other microbes, but is in short supply atm.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

How about rubber gloves?[quoted image]

No bueno unless you plan to put them on before you play, throw them away after your ball then put new ones on next ball. Rinse and repeat.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puckstop:

Looking for recommendations on a cleaner/disinfectant to use on my pins especially around the flipper buttons and lockdown bar. Don’t want to damage the side art. Thanks

You should be concerned. Don’t want any of that shit ruining the side art of any of my pins.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

You should be concerned. Don’t want any of that shit ruining the side art of any of my pins.

You can squirt F10 in your eyes if you want. Ain't doing shit to the art.

#10 1 year ago

Some reopening arcades are using portable rechargeable UV light wands to disinfect games. 10 seconds of light kills 99.9% of the germs, they claim.

amazon.com link »

#11 1 year ago

Great reviews on that link too, seems like a good series.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Adydar:

Great reviews on that link too, seems like a good series.

Those reviews was hilarious, makes you trust the product.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Some reopening arcades are using portable rechargeable UV light wands to disinfect games. 10 seconds of light kills 99.9% of the germs, they claim.
    amazon.com link »

Load of rubbish, if it wasn’t we would have them at work. We are coming into contact with deceased covid patients.

Regarding the OP, I’d get family/guests to wash, dry then apply alcohol gel before and after playing, that’s the gold standard imo.

#14 1 year ago

Keep in mind most household wipes, like Lysol, require the surface to remain wet for 4 minutes.

Not saying it actually takes that long, but a quick wipe with a dryish wipe might not be effective against beefier viruses.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey Brent. I use Lysol disinfecting wipes at home and haven’t seen any issues with the cabinet art. Granted I’m not wiping down my games every day, but before and after league and tournaments for sure and I’ve never had an issue.

Thanks Erik. Not something I’m going to do often but I’ll give them a try. Will also talk to Brad Baker about what he’s using at the Garage. Going back there today.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

amazon.com link »

Yeah, that thing won’t work.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside