(Topic ID: 35144)

Recommendations/Ideas Needed

By Scuba_Steve

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I’m looking for a pin that has a fair amount of humor and taunting. If I had enough cash I would love to get my hands on a NGG but is there an alternative pin in the $1,000-$1,500 range? Theme doesn’t really matter. Hell I don’t like golf but think NGG is a very entertaining pin. I just don’t have $3,000-$4,000 to spend on one right now.

#2 11 years ago

Taunting? How about No Fear? There's a fair amount of Skull egging you on... "Play Better!", etc..., plus there's some funny bits in there. Fun game.

Anybody know if TFTC's Crypt Keeper rails on ya?

Later,
    EV

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve never played NF and I’ll need to check out some YouTube videos to see what that’s about.

#4 11 years ago

You may find a NF for $1500 but that's about the bottom on the scale these days. You won't likely find one for a grand. That's for sure. What about a HS? Not taunting but your running from the cops. No shortage on fun there.

#5 11 years ago

F-14?

Now you d-d-d-die comrade!
    A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

#6 11 years ago

Cyclone and Diner do a fair bit of making fun of the player, if I remember correctly ...

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

F-14?
    Now you d-d-d-die comrade!
    A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

That was one of my first pins. A Steve Ritchie classic that's for sure but not much humor to it. Whenever the beacons would go off it would light up the whole frickin room! I wonder if I would like NF (another Ritchie game) as much as that one.

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Cyclone and Diner do a fair bit of making fun of the player, if I remember correctly ...

I’ve never played Cyclone but that clown in the lower playfied is creepy. I did play a Diner about six months ago and can’t remember any in-game taunts. But then I wasnt listening for them either.

#8 11 years ago

Red & Ted's Roadshow?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

You may find a NF for $1500 but that's about the bottom on the scale these days. You won't likely find one for a grand. That's for sure.

That price wouldn’t surprise me for a mid-90’s DMD pin.

Quoted from the_pin_family:

What about a HS? Not taunting but your running from the cops. No shortage on fun there.

Thanks I’ll check videos for that one too. Im sure I’ve must have played it at a festival, or am I thinking of HS2?...

Quoted from smokey_789:

Red & Ted's roadshow?

Price wise I think it would be comparable to NGG. Don’t Roadshows usually go for around $4,500?

#10 11 years ago

Roadshow can b had for 22-2800

#11 11 years ago

Oh come on, you know you want to buy my "player's quality" Time Machine... especially since the left flipper plunger link blew up and now I have to do a rebuild!

#12 11 years ago

NF has the same voice taunting you as ACDC if you are familair with that

#13 11 years ago

I think NF might be as good as it gets in your price range.......especially if you like Ritchie.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Oh come on, you know you want to buy my "player's quality" Time Machine... especially since the left flipper plunger link blew up and now I have to do a rebuild!

I don’t recall TM having any taunts… unless your hinting that the left flipper plunger not working is its way to throw an insult at you.

Quoted from TheLaw:

NF has the same voice taunting you as ACDC if you are familair with that

I haven’t yet had a chance to play an AC/DC (or even an Avengers for that matter). I really need to hit the local arcade to catch up on all of the new Sterns. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun considering all of the positive reviews I’ve been reading on Pinside for AC/DC.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I think NF might be as good as it gets in your price range.......especially if you like Ritchie.

I just finished watching BLACK_ROSE’s YouTube video for his NF.

Definitely a Steve Ritchie game…

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommendationsideas-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.