11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gcp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm going to be putting new decals on just the backbox of my Whitewater. I don't have a stencil for the safety information on the rear side of the backbox. I don't think I like the idea of using the stickers. Is there another solution? Should I just leave the back alone? Should I paint over it? Should I mask off just the yellow text and paint the rest of the backbox hoping that the paint will match very well?

How do people deal with this issue?

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

I screened mine. If look for someone in your area with a silkscreen to do it properly.

#3 11 years ago

We have a stencil available for the backbox.
    http://www.twistedpins.com/products/stencil_kits/?ProductID=52

#4 11 years ago

How difficult are the stencils to work with? Will I end up pulling hundreds of tiny pieces off the device after I paint? I assume they are one use and then thrown away?

2 months later
    #5 10 years ago

If you haven't figured out a solution already, I ordered one of the screens from Matt -- you're welcome to borrow it as long as you clean it up properly

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from gcp:

If you haven't figured out a solution already, I ordered one of the screens from Matt -- you're welcome to borrow it as long as you clean it up properly

I ended up using the stencil but if I do another game the screen would be much easier and would provide improved results (I assume). Have you tried it yet?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Have you tried it yet?

Nope, haven't even received it yet -- not sure if it has arrived or not, I've been out of town for a while.

It will probably be a while until I get a chance to use it, but when I do it will be for the rebuilt WH2O cabinet.

I'll let you know when I do.. looks pretty straightforward from the video.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommendationopinions-new-paint-and-labels-on-backbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.