(Topic ID: 203323)

Recommendation for a GOOD Pinball Tech in Central Ohio???

By BobT

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Columbus/Central Ohio Pinball TECH? I'm a (very) moderately "skilled" pinball machine DIY guy. I could definitely use a pinball tech that makes house calls. Recommendations?

#2 6 years ago

Good luck in your search. I know a good dude in NW Ohio if you ever get desperate!

#3 6 years ago

I'd like to know one as well.

#4 6 years ago

Trent A does some work if you can catch him. I think the biggest operator in Columbus is TNT (not to be confused with Philly TNT) . it's Therese and Tom. https://www.yelp.com/biz/tnt-amusements-columbus . SUPER nice guy and is constantly servicing his route games at Pins Mechanical, 16-Bit.... prob some others.

#5 6 years ago

Ty for the referral. I’ll check them out.

#6 6 years ago

TNT does service / house calls, around $100/hour. Tom & Therese are nice people.

I dunno that Trent does much in the way of repairs for other people - he's more a buy-sell kinda guy.

What are you looking to have done on a game? The couple times I've looked at having techs service games, I found it was better to just learn something on my own and/or discuss problems with local tech-inclined pin friends.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

TNT does service / house calls, around $100/hour. Tom & Therese are nice people.
    I dunno that Trent does much in the way of repairs for other people - he's more a buy-sell kinda guy.
    What are you looking to have done on a game? The couple times I've looked at having techs service games, I found it was better to just learn something on my own and/or discuss problems with local tech-inclined pin friends.

Agree. Also there are a lot of Pinsiders who are willing to help if you are willing to try on your own. I get it that some guys would rather just call a tech.

#8 6 years ago

I LOVE helping when I can. My time is very limited with all the plates I have spinning. But there is a really really great pin community in Columbus. Let's see if we can get you started so the repair, if it happens, is cheaper.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for the input. I'd love to get involved in the local pinball community.

Also, I'm not afraid. I'll try to fix/adjust most items, but sometimes the repair is a bit greater than my minimal skill set.

1 week later
    #10 6 years ago

I just dropped my "kept in a NON climate control garage for years" JM off at Tilt Amusements in Ostrander Ohio. The machine needs a full go thru and optos and switches adjusted, possibly replaced.

I have high hopes that this will be a good experience. They seemed nice, knowledgeable, and capable.

I'll update as this progresses.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommendation-for-a-good-pinball-tech-in-central-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.