Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rcbrown316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pop-pin-golf-oct-14.jpg
    10553548_10202440882050557_6093980757586996485_n.jpg
    TPFHeader2015.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Never been to one of these but would like to roll it into a mini vacation and come home with some new parts and maybe a machine or two. We could probably fly in somewhere and rent a u haul for the trip home if necessary. Looking for recommendations for where I'll get the most bang for my buck.

#2 9 years ago

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/ New show next year. No idea if it's close enough for you.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

TPFHeader2015.jpgTPFHeader2015.jpg
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Everything is bigger in Texas!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

Never been to one of these but would like to roll it into a mini vacation and come home with some new parts and maybe a machine or two. We could probably fly in somewhere and rent a u haul for the trip home if necessary. Looking for recommendations for where I'll get the most bang for my buck.

Shows list: http://www.pinballnews.com/diary/index.html

The closest shows are probably the ones in PA (Allentown in May, York in October), and the new pintastic show in Mass.

#5 9 years ago

ReplayFX is going to have 500+ pinball machines, probably 200+ arcade cabinets, 2000+ console games to play, and the world's largest-ever pinball tournament.

July 30-August 2, 2015, at the Pittsburgh Convention Center.

http://replayfx.org

I'm confident that whatever you attend, you'll have a great time.

#6 9 years ago

Shameless plugs for things I will be going to. Any you dont even have to drive that far!

10553548_10202440882050557_6093980757586996485_n.jpg10553548_10202440882050557_6093980757586996485_n.jpg pop-pin-golf-oct-14.jpgpop-pin-golf-oct-14.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

I have decided on allentown. anyone have recommendations for dining and lodging? bringing my gal with me so we would like to make it a mini vacation.

#8 9 years ago

To me allentown is a one day gig. Go to chicago for a couple of days and have a blast.

#9 9 years ago

I was told that allentown has the best flea market. i'm a lot more interested in shopping than playing

#10 9 years ago

I was there last spring and it wasn't that great IMOA. I do go every year tho because its close. I just figured if it was going to be a mini vacation you would have a better time in chicago. The area is nicer and there is a lot more to do.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I was told that allentown has the best flea market. i'm a lot more interested in shopping than playing

I was there for this year. There were probably a dozen sellers, maybe less. It wasn't a very large area. You could see everything in about 15 minutes.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

To me allentown is a one day gig. Go to chicago for a couple of days and have a blast.

I agree. Saturday was great, but Sunday was lacking since a lot of the pins were gone by that point.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was there for this year. There were probably a dozen sellers, maybe less. It wasn't a very large area. You could see everything in about 15 minutes.

I have to agree the flee market was pretty small last spring. I don't think I stayed more than 4 hours the whole show than hit the farmers market for a little while and went home.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have to agree the flee market was pretty small last spring. I don't think I stayed more than 4 hours the whole show than hit the farmers market for a little while and went home.

this is good info. I am glad I posted this question as my primary objective is aquisition of pins and parts. Now what do we recommend for that? hitting multiple shows for short periods of time?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

this is good info. I am glad I posted this question as my primary objective is aquisition of pins and parts. Now what do we recommend for that? hitting multiple shows for short periods of time?

Depends on what parts you're looking for. The flea market parts selection was mainly cabinets parts and used playfields. Inside, there were vendors selling boards, ramps, pop-bumper parts, solenoids, backglasses, LEDs, mods, and repro playfields.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Depends on what parts you're looking for. The flea market parts selection was mainly cabinets parts and used playfields. Inside, there were vendors selling boards, ramps, pop-bumper parts, solenoids, backglasses, LEDs, mods, and repro playfields.

Entire games first, parts second. Getting bent over on freight buying from ebay is making me have to go try and find other ways to buy games to fix, play and stock rotate...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommendation-for-2015-showevent-i-am-in-upstate-ny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.