Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RFMScoopGreen300400_(resized).jpg
RFMScoopYellow300400_(resized).jpg
RFMScoopRed300400_(resized).jpg
20151122_183942.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm getting bored with my stock RFM. Can anyone suggest some tasteful mods for it? What about inside side art? Does anyone make this? Anything else to spiff it up? I've heard about the Bill Ung mods for AFM, but doe they exist for RFM?

#2 8 years ago

Ung makes RFM saucers also.

#3 8 years ago

There is a new version for RFM that someone on pinside makes... they are fantastic! The only other major mod is LED's. The reflective glass makes most other mods a non starter

#5 8 years ago

I have installed lots of green and red LEDs with some dimm ones in the back. Got the saucer mods and aliens have lit up red eyes. I have also purchased 6.3 volt LED strips to light the scoop. Changed stroke of luck to purple, and scoop lights purple when lit. Scoop lights green when Martian is lit. Lights orange when extraball is lit.
// Error: Image 479340 not found //

20151122_183942.jpg20151122_183942.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Do the video amp.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

! The only other major mod is LED's.

Wrong-o....Pinballsidemirrors makes side mirrors for the game. I have them on mine and they look great, check um out. I'm also going to be putting my leg light-up (red) on it soon, they look great on my Mustang Pro (red), Avatar LE (blue), T3 (red) and Refinery Met Pro (purple). Going to do my other games soon. Check out my topic, "DIY leg light-ups" for some pictures.

And don't forget to add a powered sub woofer too.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

I'm getting bored with my stock RFM. Can anyone suggest some tasteful mods for it? What about inside side art? Does anyone make this? Anything else to spiff it up? I've heard about the Bill Ung mods for AFM, but doe they exist for RFM?

I have an unused Bill Ung saucers kit I can sell you at a good price. Let me know...

#10 8 years ago

Thanks for all the ideas! I already have the green spots on the Martians & the video amp. As far as the inner sideart goes, I tend to gravitate more towards art rather than mirror blades, but I simply cannot find anything, though. Anyone here make any or have a source?

#12 8 years ago

Can't you take the old tube out and pat an lcd?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Can't you take the old tube out and pat an lcd?

I've seen RFM's with LCD's and I still think a conventional CRT is superior. Mine is very sharp and with the amp in it it's beautiful. To each his own, though. I found interior artwork for mine from a seller online. I can PM you the info, if you're interested.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I've seen RFM's with LCD's and I still think a conventional CRT is superior. Mine is very sharp and with the amp in it it's beautiful. To each his own, though. I found interior artwork for mine from a seller online. I can PM you the info, if you're interested.

im interested!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I found interior artwork for mine from a seller online. I can PM you the info, if you're interested.

Hi, I could be keen on these details also if that's OK

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

ebay.com link » Attack from Mars Or Revenge From Mars Pinball Flipper Armour Mod 2 Piece Set

Wow, those are really bad. Hmmm... let's see, how about we decorate the flippers with a squashed version of the graphic that is in front of the flippers.... Brilliant!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Wow, those are really bad. Hmmm... let's see, how about we decorate the flippers with a squashed version of the graphic that is in front of the flippers.... Brilliant!

Yeah and $20 no less. Lets see... .001 cents for paper, .001 cents for ink, a pair of sizzers and 10 minutes of your time = $20.

One thing the guy makes that are nice...but spendy are his cushioned target stickers. I have them and they are nice.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

ebay.com link » Rare President Bill Clinton Squeezer Plush Doll Toy Collectible 2004
ebay.com link » Hillary Clinton Talking Diva Doll Bill Clinton

Oh man....you've got to be kidding me.

#21 8 years ago

I have custom blades designed and installed. You are welcome to the files. A neat mod is to water jet "Revenge" vertically out of one front leg. And "From Mars" out of the other front leg. Then put cold cathode lights behind.
Under cab lights tied into lighting circuit. Etc.

#22 8 years ago

id like to mod with nucore or pinbox any ideas where to buy?

3 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

New Interactive Stroke of Luck Lights for Revenge from Mars from LeesParts.com. Light up your Stroke of Luck hole with your choice of Yellow or Red when it will score Stroke of Luck or Extra Ball and Green when it will score Martian Attack.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/rfm-strokeofluck-light.html

RFMScoopRed300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopRed300400_(resized).jpg

RFMScoopYellow300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopYellow300400_(resized).jpg

RFMScoopGreen300400_(resized).jpgRFMScoopGreen300400_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-mods-for-rfm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.