Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

98B52D2D-6D11-4BAB-8A8F-317BB67C03CE (resized).jpeg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I’d like to add a widebody machine to replace my Star Trip cocktail. My current collection is Dragon by Interflip, Star Trip, Safe Cracker, Monopoly, The Simpsons Pinball Party and Willy Wonka LE. I’m partial to games with shooter rods for some reason as I don’t care for a trigger launch. I’m okay with ST:TNG as theme overrides my dislike of a trigger ball launch. Ruleset depth-wise I’m not sure if it should be deep or more of a quick machine based on having TSPP and WW:LE that are considered deep ruleset games.

So, what’s your recommendation for a widebody to replace the Star Trip cocktail?

#3 2 years ago

Ultra-wide Embryon

#4 2 years ago

TZ is the only one worthy in my book.

#5 2 years ago

Another vote for TZ. Especially since you have a fetish for shooter rods, it has a great skill shot.....

I also have an IJ but to be honest it doesnt do much for me and won't be here forever.

Kinda wanted a ST:TNG because I sold most of my sci-fi/space themed games, but kinda leaning towards a Star Trek Stern now.

#6 2 years ago

Out of left field, but look into Baywatch.

Also, ST:TNG is my all time favorite machine and never gets old. The fact the trigger launcher is also used to launch the torpedoes makes up for the lack of a physical plunger.

#8 2 years ago

TZ, sttng, Batman forever, Baywatch.

#9 2 years ago

TZ, Baywatch, WWFRR, Paragon

#10 2 years ago

How about Flight 2000 or Paragon for some early solid state goodness?

#11 2 years ago

In terms of value, Roadshow.

Great game for the price point. I play it more than my TZ.

Plus, it has a shooter rod!

#12 2 years ago

Baywatch, while a great game, is not a wide body .

TZ is obviously great, but obviously expensive. If you like shooter rods, Road Show has you covered with two!

#13 2 years ago

Alien by Pinball Brothers is a widebody machine.

#14 2 years ago

Another vote for Big Game. Phenomenal solid state, would fill a hole in your lineup and she's fast for an old widebody.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Baywatch, while a great game, is not a wide body .

Good call. Standard cabinet width, but advertised to be wider playable area.

#16 2 years ago

Indiana Jones....I always knew someday you'd come walkin' through my door.

#17 2 years ago

TZ or Alien.

#19 2 years ago

I've owned almost all of the B/W's wide body/superpin games.The one I still own is Indiana Jones,and I didn't expect this when I first got it years ago.Its just so deep and fun that doesn't feel like a wide body.

#20 2 years ago

You have three Pat Lawlor-designed games in your collection. He has a particular style, and if you like it, his two wide-body games are Twilight Zone and Road Show. Both are great games, but Road Show is probably cheaper and has the bonus of an extra plunger.

#22 2 years ago

my wife.... oh Pinball widebody .. nevermind!

#23 2 years ago

Paragon, WOZ, Demolition Man

#24 2 years ago

Sounds like you need some early SS to spice things up. Big Game, Space Invaders, Future Spa, Scorpion, Mars God of War would be my suggestions

#25 2 years ago

Volcano, Mars God of War, Future Spa, Devil's Dare are all great!

#27 2 years ago

cheetah, big game, flight 2000 embryon. in that order.

not space invaders lol

#29 2 years ago

Seems like a no-brainer ROAD SHOW!! two shooter rods!
    If you like the games you have, you should like it.
    My first pin, can't see it leaving my collection.

#31 2 years ago

IJ, Big Game, Stellar Wars, TZ. All of these keepers in my lineup. Oh and STTNG

#32 2 years ago

TZ, IJ or Hobbit

#33 2 years ago

I had this same thought last fall... thought about Popeye and Roadshow... Ended up with a Roadshow that was a lot of work to refurb, but is pretty fun. Still have never played a popeye though...

#34 2 years ago

Forgot about JD... Great bang for the buck (or used to be)

#35 2 years ago

Mars God of War - Great competition game

#36 2 years ago

Any of the Bally super pins except Popeye!

#37 2 years ago

Play it first to make sure you like it, but Roadshow.

#38 2 years ago

Not much love for Judge Dredd so far -- it's objectively not as good as Twilight Zone or Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, but it should still be available for less than half the price of either of those games. And there's at least the possibility of a code update in the future (as discussed more generally in this thread): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

#39 2 years ago

Space Invaders, Haunted House, Black Hole..but probably too old for what you are looking for.

Honestly, this thread is great. I didn't realize half the games mentioned were widebody.
    ]
    Personally, I wouldn't choose based on this alone...just get a game you like...

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Mars God of War - Great competition game

Also Black Hole, Genie, Devil's Dare or Haunted House.

#41 2 years ago

Paragon or Hotdoggin'

#42 2 years ago

There is one final possibility not mentioned: The forbidden "Popeye Saves the Earth".

#43 2 years ago

TZ for sure!!!!

3 months later
    #44 2 years ago

Hobbit and P.B. Alien hands down! But for classics, TZ, Paragon, Embryon.

#45 2 years ago

Black Hole

#46 2 years ago

Love my roadshow, but never tried tz

98B52D2D-6D11-4BAB-8A8F-317BB67C03CE (resized).jpeg98B52D2D-6D11-4BAB-8A8F-317BB67C03CE (resized).jpeg
    #47 2 years ago

You want a fast widebody?

Full throttle.

#48 2 years ago

roadshow or Judge Dredd!

#49 2 years ago

Stellar wars and Paragon

#50 2 years ago

Indiana Jones Williams or Data East GNR. Also ultra wide Genie & Paragon are great

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-widebody-for-my-collection?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.