(Topic ID: 36979)

Recommend a pin for my autistic son

By nosro

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

My recommendation to you is to take your son to an arcade or pinball show and see what he is drawn to other than trying to 'guess' what he'll like/play.

I agree about introducing your son to many pinballs... I think going to an arcade maybe difficult to get his attention focused just on pinball, with many other games there too.

Idea: Maybe you could post an ad in your local Criagslist, asking for local pinheads to invite you over to their home collection to test some games. I know I would be very happy to accommodate a request like that in my town.

Kerry

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If you would like, we can arrange a time for you and your son to come by and see the games (alone with no one else there.) We have 125 games set up and restored so you could get a good idea of what is good/bad, and we're only about 3 miles from your house. But it has to be a time when no one else is there (as i explained i have insurance issues with those under the age of 21, so we have to really monitor the situation closely with no other distractions.)

I just posted midway in the thread, without reading it to the bottom. This is what I'm talking about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-pin-for-my-autistic-son?tu=kerry_richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.