(Topic ID: 36979)

Recommend a pin for my autistic son

By nosro

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 11 years ago

Testing them in arcades won't be so easy: noisy environment, mostly recent games. But you can still show pictures / videos on youtube or pinball simulations to know if he likes the pin or not.

Many suggestions above seem good.
    - Bobby Orr's power play is a great game.
    - Black hole fits your bill but is indeed unforgiving: you may hear "failed reentry attempt" too much. I wonder if one can adjust settings to avoid losing the ball after playing on the lower playfield.
    - Genie is indeed very slow...
    - World Poker Tour seems a good suggestion for a recent game

Among the machine I own, three would fit your agenda (open playfield, limited or no multiball, ball easy to track, not too fast (?)):
    - Banzai Run: Can be fast, but there is a nice large circular ramp. He may enjoy the vertical PF as well. Limited multiball.
    - Bally Spectrum: lots of drop targets, 3 balls but never more than one played at a time (!) But the side lanes are hidden, so you can't keep track of the ball all the time.
    - Zaccaria Pinball Champ. Most 2nd generation zac would fit your bill: no multiball, interesting shots, transparent upper playfield allowing you to follow the ball at all times.

Besides that, widebodies from the 80's such as Paragon, Volcano, Devil's dare and space invaders (already cited) could be considered.

Hope this helps,

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

I would like to publicly thank Clay Harrell. I may be a newb at pinball (a grand total of two weeks of ownership), but if it weren't for him, I would not be a pinball owner at all.

Good for you! Welcome aboard, and I hope your son will enjoy this Pin as well. As a side benefit, you may enjoy it as well.

There are good guys on that forum. Glad you found one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-pin-for-my-autistic-son?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.