pasted_image (resized).png
Dune (resized).jpg
leave-the-world-behind-poster (resized).jpg
IMG_5404 (resized).jpeg

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 1 year ago

Watched M3gan on Peacock last night. I thought it was pretty good and I was entertained throughout. Kind of reminds me of a modern day Child's Play. It also had some humor and was an easy watch.

On a side-note I thought the price point of the M3gan android at $10k seemed unrealistic and really makes our pinball hobby seem expensive by comparison. They are definitely leaving a lot of money on the table. that's like half the price of a Bond 60th.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

On Peacock, very entertaining

I need to check it out-seems like it got good reviews

When I first saw the trailer I was like-they should call it 'Chucky's girlfriend's revenge'

I don't know why but every time I see Megan I think Olsen twins?

Meagan Olsen twins (resized).jpgMeagan Olsen twins (resized).jpg

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I need to check it out-seems like it got good reviews
When I first saw the trailer I was like-they should call it 'Chucky's girlfriend's revenge'
I don't know why but every time I see Megan I think Olsen twins?
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same thing about the Olsen twins

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you have HBO Max my favorite episode of South Park is Season 9 episode 5, "the losing edge" and can be watched with no prior knowledge of the show. It's about kids little league baseball.
Also recently watched deliverence for the first time. It's on Netflix and worth at least one watch.

South Park has kinda lost it’s edge these last few seasons. Major Boobage is one of my favorites…

#55 1 year ago

Save your time: We have a Ghost on Netflix is not good

1 week later
#56 1 year ago

This was very entertaining

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#57 1 year ago

Good mindless entertainment

#59 1 year ago

I saw the trailer for that and it's on Amazon Prime for a few bucks. Looks pretty cool, surprised there's not much talk on here about it.
Has a few established actors in it. I was hoping they might screen it at the MGC so haven't watched it yet.

#60 1 year ago

Saving the movie for this weekend on Prime. Probably will pay the little extra and purchase.

05C60ADB-EB09-4A9D-A82E-7F53BAE76611 (resized).jpeg05C60ADB-EB09-4A9D-A82E-7F53BAE76611 (resized).jpeg
#61 1 year ago

not bad if you were a fan of the Saw series

#62 1 year ago

watched history of the world part 2. i think mel brooks is way past his prime. some funny moments, but a lot of it was slow (especially the beatles). felt like jackass was shoe horned in. dont get me wrong, love me some jackass but it didnt feel like it belonged.

#63 12 months ago

thought this was funny

#64 12 months ago

Netflix

1 week later
#65 11 months ago

well this looks good, so many cameos

#66 11 months ago
#67 11 months ago
#68 11 months ago

Prisoners is great

2 weeks later
#69 10 months ago
1 week later
#70 10 months ago

Watched the movie Air. It’s free on Amazon Prime. Story about Nike signing Michael Jordan. Really well done movie. Thought it was really good. Lots of very, very funny stuff in it and the story was interesting even though you know the ending. Lots of good ‘80s nostalgia in it too.

#71 10 months ago

^^^^^Prisoners was a fantastic movie and the level of suspense had you wanting to know what was going to happen next(great plot). My wife and I really enjoyed it

#72 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Watched the movie Air. It’s free on Amazon Prime. Story about Nike signing Michael Jordan. Really well done movie. Thought it was really good. Lots of very, very funny stuff in it and the story was interesting even though you know the ending. Lots of good ‘80s nostalgia in it too.

added to my watch list, thanks

#73 10 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Nothing modern is worth a damn. Go back in time and pick a classic you haven't seen yet.

This is generally how I select my movies to watch. Being highly rated, decades after its release, it is worth spending some time on. These are the most recent 'classics' that I have seen and all were great in their own way.

* The Wicker Man (1973)
* Scent Of A Woman (Original 1974)
* Witness For The Prosecution (1958)
* Memento (2000)
* Se7en (1995)
* Rebecca (1940)
* Requiem For A Dream (2000)
* 12 Angry Men (1957)
* Lifeboat (1944)
* 3 Idiots (2009)
* The War Game (1967)
* The Elephant Man (1980)
* It Happened One Night (1934)
* The Virgin Spring (1960)
* The Hidden Fortress (1958)

And some movies made in the past decade that were also worth a watch.
* Darkest Hour (2014)
* Whiplash (2014)
* Barbarian (2022)
* Her (2014)

But with any art form, its all subjective. I just hedge my bets that if I am going to dedicate 2+ hours to something, I want the least risk possible that it won't be boring.

#74 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Watched the movie Air. It’s free on Amazon Prime. Story about Nike signing Michael Jordan. Really well done movie.

My wife and I just watched 'Air' this weekend and really liked it. I'm probably biased as I was a big Bulls fan during Michael's hay day.

Also, we both REALLY enjoyed 'Pinball: The Man that saved the Game.' My wife isn't into pinball like I am, but there was plenty in the movie for non-pinball enthusiasts to enjoy. A good amount of humor and even a romance story (of sorts). I had read Roger Sharpe's history on Wikipedia but the movie (which I thought was cleverly written) was quite enjoyable.

#75 10 months ago

Good movie, watched it last night. Thanks for the heads up!

#76 10 months ago

I really liked the 2021 Wrong Turn movie. I like all of them, but this seems toned down enough that my girlfriend may would like it also.

Fall was also mentioned, and I am terrified of heights, so I had to look away at times. My girlfriend liked it. Go figure, she hates most of my horror movies, but she liked that movie.

I already had M3GAN pegged to watch, and now that will be next. I will be keeping up with this thread now.

As above also, Emily the criminal was very good, also Violent Night, and Barbarian, although my girlfriend hated Barbarian.

Oh yeah, I did not see Old mentioned, we really liked that movie. Just on a nice beach getting very older with every hour that passes, with a great ending. Maybe not a great ending, but a surprise ending anyway.

#77 10 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Oh yeah, I did not see Old mentioned, we really liked that movie. Just on a nice beach getting very older with every hour that passes, with a great ending. Maybe not a great ending, but a surprise ending anyway.

Kind of like the surprise ending in The Village, but also totally different than that.

#78 9 months ago

Air on Amazon prime was great, thanks for the recommendation

#79 9 months ago

M3GAN was pretty good. I would recommend.

#81 9 months ago

I like horror movies, and I can recommend not watching the 2022 movie called Where the Scary Things Are. Mostly just boring teenager stuff.

#82 9 months ago

I watched Violent Night (free on Amazon Prime). I liked it. It may sound odd, but I thought it was an entertaining cross between Die Hard and Home Alone. It had a lot of good humor throughout the movie and most of the violence was more of the “oooh that one hurt” variety and not pure gore. David Harbour from Stranger Things did a good job as a rough around the edges Santa.

#83 9 months ago

I agree with you, that is a very good movie!

#84 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I watched Violent Night (free on Amazon Prime). I liked it. It may sound odd, but I thought it was an entertaining cross between Die Hard and Home Alone. It had a lot of good humor throughout the movie and most of the violence was more of the “oooh that one hurt” variety and not pure gore. David Harbour from Stranger Things did a good job as a rough around the edges Santa.

agree

#85 9 months ago

Per PinFever.... Sisu. Wow! It's like a Quentin Tarantino flick. Great story with copious amounts of violence.

#86 9 months ago

I’ve liked all 3 John Wick movies.

I got to looking around and found some foreign films that are somewhat similar.

This one is from Indonesia on Netflix it’s called ‘The Raid’ also there’s ‘The Raid 2’. A lot less gunplay but more fist fights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raid_(2011_film)

The lead actor Iko Uwais in several other films I have liked such as ‘The Night Comes for Us’.

#87 9 months ago
Quoted from Foo:

Per PinFever.... Sisu. Wow! It's like a Quentin Tarantino flick. Great story with copious amounts of violence.

We just watched Sisu and I loved it! My girlfriend started saying no way, make believe about 2/3 of the way through it, but that doesn't matter, that was a very great movie!

#88 9 months ago

The Gentlemen. Great cast.

#89 9 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

The Gentlemen. Great cast.

Guy Ritchie movies rock

#90 9 months ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Guy Ritchie movies rock

Watched Operation Fortune last night , not too bad .

#91 9 months ago

Watched Beneath Us last night, very mean, but at the same time very different for a horror/thriller movie.

I like the Purge movies ok, and it is along the lines of that.

Recently we watched The Ice Road, it was ok, but stuff like that has been done to death.

We also watched You People, because I like Jonah Hill and Eddie Murphy, it was ok, but not great.

I mainly like action and horror movies anymore. Long ago I liked comedy movies, but ever since the original The Hangover was made, I have just never found any modern-day comedy movies to be actually very funny at all.

As far as comedy movies, Stepbrothers is right there with The Hangover and Blazing Saddles, as far as laughs.

I am ready for more movies like Sisu and Violent Night myself.

#92 9 months ago

Tetris on Apple TV was really good IMO

#93 9 months ago

Flamin Hot-directed by Eva Longoria

I enjoyed the actor(Jesse Garcia) they chose for main role and it was a 'feel good' movie

FH (resized).jpgFH (resized).jpgFH. (resized).jpgFH. (resized).jpg

#94 9 months ago

FURY featuring Brad Pitt. Its a newish move about a tank crew during war.
Very well done IMO.

#95 9 months ago

I watched "Kingsmen: The Secret Service" on Max (Max??? I'm still callin' it HBO lol). Entertaining movie. It's a James Bond style story that parodies Bond a lot while still being a fun standalone movie of its own.

#96 9 months ago

I'm Just F*cking with You
- was enjoyable if you like these kind of movies

#97 9 months ago

If you want some gory/strange films

The Menu (I think this was on Max) not bad.

Just watched "Fresh" on Hulu this was very disturbing (if you liked Hostel).

'Barbarian' another disturbing film but good.

#98 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

If you want some gory/strange films
The Menu (I think this was on Max) not bad.
Just watched "Fresh" on Hulu this was very disturbing (if you liked Hostel).
'Barbarian' another disturbing film but good.

I like The Menu, and I need to see if I can get Fresh. Barbarian was good.

We just watched a movie called Traffik. It was ok. Ending was decent. It is based on true events.

#99 9 months ago

Great Movie!
And Hands Down Jordan Peels's best looking one. And that's quite an accomplishment after "US" (also a great movie!).

#100 9 months ago

OK. Not a movie, it's a 6 part series on Netflix. Hellbound. It's South Korean and IMO it deserves to be the next Squid Game. New season is confirmed already, and I'm hanging for it. Season 1 changes, just when you think you know where it's going, and is all the better for it.

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-good-movie-to-stream-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.