Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

+1 for the LW3

It is fast, fun to rip the spinners to work up the UZI modes, and has a good balance of flow and shooting with the 1,2,3 shots and working up the movie scenes. The target practice video mode is really fun and a little challenging if you want to get the most points. If you want a relatively simple game with just enough depth this would be it.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:Thanks for all the suggestions.
I guess what I liked about T2 was it was easy to understand, and pretty easy to shoot. So if I wanted to go down and bat the ball around for a few minutes before I had to be somewhere, you could get some good flow going (alternating ramps was really fun) but the game wasn't so easy that you'd play for very long.
LOL @ LW3. I'm not sure I've ever seen or paid attention to this game. That's hilarious how much of a ripoff the layout it. It doesn't look like it has the right ramp, so the alternating ramp thing looks to be out.
Re: Stern Star Trek - I'm a Star Trek nerd, but for some reason I couldn't get into that game. I had an LE, and it was one of the shortest tenure games I've owned. Didn't have enough Star Trek personality to connect with me, and the mode start shots were hard. It definitely didn't feel as approachable to me.
Maybe I'll look at T3, haven't thought about that game in a while. SHOOT HERE AND HERE. If memory serves, the shots were a bit narrower than T2 and that made it a bit clunkier, but I might be misremembering.
Getaway and Indy500 were on a short-list of wanting to check them out again. I wasn't sure if they scratch the same itch as T2 or not. I like the idea of racing games, but I haven't played much Indy at all. Really not familiar with the gameplay. Getaway seems like the same level of simple as T2 to me, but I can't remember how fun that game is, or if it would have much staying power.

Hell, if all you are looking for is looping ramps with easy and basic rules go DE Star Trek (light years from a Richie feel though, you'd likely hate it). HS2 doesn't loop either, so there is that. Indy is a good game but not super flowy either. Rollergames is decent for flow. I would argue you are doing yourself a disservice if you turn up your nose to LW3 (a 2 bit meld of HS2 and T2). Not as polished as a B/W but fun to play. Anyway my 2 cents.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-game-that-plays-like-t2?tu=Swainer80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.