Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Getaway is great for a multitude of reasons, and the first title I thought of when I read your post. The rule set is simple to understand, progress is visually well presented with the large tach in the center of the playfield, gear indicator inserts, and the traffic light, the flow and speed of the game are great with some occasional pauses (ball lock, supercharger action), good bumper action, interactive gear shifting is fun but challenging sometimes knowing when to take your hand off the flipper button to shift, music and callouts are great, plenty of shots that are all achievable, the ball looping around the supercharger while shaking the entire pin is cool, and there are mods galore for this title: PinSound, shaker, color DMD, all of my custom mods, etc.)
Getaway is a little different from many other car themed pins in that it is not a racing game but a chasing game. Your speeding away from the cops on the open highway with some chick you picked up in the passenger’s seat of your 90’s Lambo Diablo (I know that Steve Ritchie has never admitted to this, but the car make/model is obvious), and that’s sort of exhilarating while your Alpine audio system is pumping out tunes at 100+ MPH. Talk about every dude’s fantasy!
It’s always the game I go to in my 3 pin collection when I just want to have fun and play some pinball without having to concern myself with a deep rule set or overly difficult challenges. It’s a game I can play and walk away from with a smile on my face even if I don’t come close to beating it, knowing I enjoyed the experience and have a real chance of beating it next time (which for me means getting through all the gears and achieving Redline Mania, achieving Red Light Multiball, and getting at least one Super Jackpot).

The next time I talk to Steve at a show, I have to ask him about something that has been bothering me for a long time.

Why is there a Weiand 8-71 super charger when the car is a Diablo?!?

For whatever reason, it somehow thematically "just works" though, haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-game-that-plays-like-t2?tu=Grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.