• Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

head-in-sand.jpg
Capture.JPG
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Just curious what has been the real price out the door from distributors on the recent Stern Pro models? How much has it changed over time? I know many track the LEs but wanted to get a feel of current prices and how they have changed in the recent past on Pro models.

TWDpro?
Mustangpro?
STpro?
Metpro?
AVpro?
XMpro?
ACDCpro?

#2 9 years ago

Up

#3 9 years ago

Can you be more specific Rob?

Do you have prices from distributors to share on each?
Feel free to pm if you desire instead. I know some don't like to publish distributor prices in public.

#4 9 years ago

2014 My TWD pro was $4,775 shipped.
2007 My NIB family guy was $4,200 shipped.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

2007 My NIB Family Guy was $4,200 shipped.

thanks bimpey

Anyone else want to fill in some blanks and compare?

#6 9 years ago

2003 LOTR was $3500 shipped

Recently priced several distributors on current pro models and they were all pretty close to $4800 shipped

#7 9 years ago

Two recent quotes for MET Pro, $4650 & $4700 shipped.

EDIT: I also asked about TWD Pro and was told it's $100. more. Didn't ask why.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

2007 My NIB Family Guy was $4,200 shipped.

Scaling for inflation,
$4200 in 2007 = $4800 in 2014. So those two figures are actually the same.

The range of NIB prices over time has ranged from ($3900-$5900) from (1971-2007). Holding at $4600-4750 in 2014 is very respectable. It's just south of an average price for 44 years.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day
-mof

#9 9 years ago

Frontgate has Mustang and Star Trek Pro that they sell for $5995 but they always have 30% off (and yes their discounts apply to pinball machines) so $4196.50?

#10 9 years ago

met 1 year ago...4500 shipped

#11 9 years ago

Anyone still selling NIB tron pros from last year's run? If yes, what are they now? I paid 4850 in February of 2013 shipped for mine...but sold it only 3 months later due to financial reasons...:/

#12 9 years ago

ac/dc 2012 $4500

st 2014 $4700

#13 9 years ago

Met Pro NIB $4300 shipped to my door.

#14 9 years ago

2003 LOTR 3750 delivered

2014 IMVE 4400 delivered
Seems in line to me considering inflation. LOTR has a few more "things" on the game, but....

#15 9 years ago

good info here guys. I assume these all include shipping?

on more recent, with TWDpro, what is the range people have paid?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Was that recent? If so, please PM me which dist. offered that price, I may be looking to buy another NIB in the near future.

Also, was that the newer LED version?

#17 9 years ago

NIB IMve $4800 to my door.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

That is a smoking price my friend

#18 9 years ago

TWDpro picked up $4600.

#19 9 years ago

I bought IM from Sears in November of 2009 for $3656.46 shipped to my door. At that time, they had Shrek for the same price.

#20 9 years ago

Acdc 2014 pro 4,500.00 and the distributor delivered it to my door. Ed

#21 9 years ago

I think the pro model NIB prices are completely reasonable with inflation. Compare them with other luxury items. It may be a commercial coin op machine, but for your home it's a luxury item.

How much is a brand new redemption game that you see in an arcade?

#22 9 years ago

You guys are all so lucky because up here in Canada we have to buy through the one and only Stern distributor TWD Pro sells for $5590+13% sales tax+no delivery.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/walking-dead-pro-pinball-by-stern/1037094659?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I know a few people who bought LE's and it was $9400 all in with no delivery.

It was very long ago when I could have bought a Tron Pro NIB for $4390+13% tax which was back in late 2011 when they were doing their 2nd/3rd runs.

#23 9 years ago

2010 - IM PRO- $3950 Picked up
2012 - ACDC PRO - $4000 Picked up
2013 - AC/DC Prem - $6000 Picked up
2013 - Met Pro - $4400 Picked up
2014 - TWD Pro - $4400 Picked up

As you can see I don't like to pay and wait for shipping!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

Frontgate has Mustang and Star Trek Pro that they sell for $5995 but they always have 30% off (and yes their discounts apply to pinball machines) so $4196.50?

Do you need a coupon code to get the 30% off or does it come off automatically? Also does that include shipping?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Was that recent? If so, please PM me which dist. offered that price, I may be looking to buy another NIB in the near future.
Also, was that the newer LED version?

This was closer to when the game first came out. It wasn't even from a true distributor, but a middle-middle man. Can't see anyone selling NIB Pros for that price shipped anymore, thank Stern for that.

#26 9 years ago

A lot of the posts in this thread seem to forgets Pros also generally mean "stripped down". LoTR for 3500 has a crap ton more quality stuff on it and was better coded on release than a "similarly priced adjusted for inflation" TWD pro.

Forget the cut outs such as the new crappy head locking system, lack of service rails, I assume cheaper wire used (since it is thinner, unless they have switched back) etc...

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Forget the cut outs such as the new crappy head locking system, lack of service rails, I assume cheaper wire used (since it is thinner, unless they have switched back) etc...

And now metal backboxes as well, I'm assuming it must be cheaper to manufacture than wood or Stern wouldn't be doing it.

#28 9 years ago

From what I understand fron met pro to twd pro stern raised prices 250.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Do you need a coupon code to get the 30% off or does it come off automatically? Also does that include shipping?

You need to be on their emailing list and they send out discount codes or sometimes a special link to their site that recognizes your account... They send these out pretty regularly (anywhere from 15-30% off)... Right now they're having 25% off site wide friends and family discount on purchases of $500 or more (CODE: XXW45144)... You have to pay for shipping which is about $200 (depending on where you live)

In general, they have pretty nice stuff but they are uber expensive so I always wait for a code to purchase things from their site... They also have a WOZ right now, which looks to be standard edition, for $8995 (so $6746.25 + shipping with code)

#30 9 years ago

Another difference between the pro back then and now, is back then there was only the pro and it came with all the features. If family guy was a new title coming out today, I'm pretty sure the stewie mini pinball would only be on a prem and LE version, not the pro. So prices have gone up and what you get has gone down.

#31 9 years ago

I paid $4800 shipped for IMVE. I got 3 other higher quotes, too. One was $5100 and that wasn't even delivered. No more NIB for me.

#32 9 years ago

I would not call MET, ST, IM, Tron or TWD Pro's "Stripped down".

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Especially not IM, no other versions. All are the same play field wise….

edit---oops, maybe the "classic" IM LOL! No one would buy that! Sorry pinmeister!

#34 9 years ago

My input, only pro version I bought NIB was TRON for 4.9K shipped (I did get a free layaway plan), I bought just before the Stern price increase so they were 5.4K a week later. Hard to imagine that if Stern does ever run a vault TRON that it would be less than the 5.4K number….we shall see. Who knows….

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My input, only pro version I bought NIB was TRON for 4.9K shipped (I did get a free layaway plan), I bought just before the Stern price increase so they were 5.4K a week later. Hard to imagine that if Stern does ever run a vault TRON that it would be less than the 5.4K number….we shall see. Who knows….

I think it would be under 5k from a lot of distributors.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You guys are all so lucky because up here in Canada we have to buy through the one and only Stern distributor TWD Pro sells for $5590+13% sales tax+no delivery.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/walking-dead-pro-pinball-by-stern/1037094659?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
I know a few people who bought LE's and it was $9400 all in with no delivery.
It was very long ago when I could have bought a Tron Pro NIB for $4390+13% tax which was back in late 2011 when they were doing their 2nd/3rd runs.

nitro and richardson are stern dealers in canada

#37 9 years ago

Mustang Pro NIB, shipped, with a couple of extras from distrib. for $4700

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well, lets see here:

ST Pro- Shaking toy, drop target, one lock (far left side), and three ramps.

TWD- Bash toy (barn). Bash toy (Well walker). Magnet (barn) 2 ramps.

I'm not going to argue that they are "stripped down", but you could sure say they are not "full featured" or have any real creative or engineered toys.

And not saying I like them or not, just making an observation.

#39 9 years ago

thanks for all the info guys.

Sounds like Pro prices have risen steadily but slowly relative to other models?

Current Pro pricing should be between 4500 and 4800 shipped?

I am close enough for pickup, especially if that can save me some shipping dollars and get me a game sooner.
Can all distributors do pickup options if requested? Seems silly to have a game shipped from Stern to CO and then from CO back to me if I were to buy from GEX for example.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am close enough for pickup, especially if that can save me some shipping dollars and get me a game sooner.

you'll have to pay tax at that point as opposed to later with your taxes.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Well, lets see here:
ST Pro- Shaking toy, drop target, one lock (far left side), and three ramps.
TWD- Bash toy (barn). Bash toy (Well walker). Magnet (barn) 2 ramps.
I'm not going to argue that they are "stripped down", but you could sure say they are not "full featured" or have any real creative or engineered toys.
And not saying I like them or not, just making an observation.

My point was there is not a lot of differences between those Pro's and the LE/Premium versions. Not in the actual gameplay.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My point was there is not a lot of differences between those Pro's and the LE/Premium versions. Not in the actual gameplay.

If the differences are not much in the gameplay, and the bling is now fairly negligible, where oh where does all that extra money for these version go?

Profit from frothing at the mouth buyers shouting "Take my Money?". Who knew?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

A lot of the posts in this thread seem to forgets Pros also generally mean "stripped down". LoTR for 3500 has a crap ton more quality stuff on it and was better coded on release than a "similarly priced adjusted for inflation" TWD pro.

I strongly disagree. I have LOTR and MET, and the quality is higher on MET. MET has better sound, and graphics resolution. The rules are just as good as LOTR (better, IMHO). Navigating the settings on LOTR is a pain in the ass, better on MET. I can update MET with a USB stick, and the flippers don't go floppy after a few hours.

#44 9 years ago

A popular distributor on here was ~$4550 on here for ST Pro in the Summer and was ~$4850 a month ago. So it about 5 months difference the same game was $300 more..

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If the differences are not much in the gameplay, and the bling is now fairly negligible, where oh where does all that extra money for these version go?

Stern's pocket

#46 9 years ago

I guess the only people really getting fu*ked over are non-americans...

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh Ok. I agree 100% with that!

I just wish there was a little more going into the LE's (cool toys, etc). Something besides a screened backglass and color changing LED's and an extra diverter or something.

#48 9 years ago

Can someone point to distributors that offer NIB Pro Model Sterns for around $4800 shipped? I am interested in Iron Man Vault, Star Trek Pro, and Walking Dead Pro.....Just shopping for prices. Everyone on ebay is the list price of $5495. Thank you so much.

#49 9 years ago

Try JJ and Game Exchange of CO
Best prices and GREAT customer service with lots of examples documented on pinside

http://gameexchange.biz/

(303) 288-6500

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

You need to be on their emailing list and they send out discount codes or sometimes a special link to their site that recognizes your account... They send these out pretty regularly (anywhere from 15-30% off)... Right now they're having 25% off site wide friends and family discount on purchases of $500 or more (CODE: XXW45144)

Frontgate claims to have "New" ToM's for $7995 and CFTBL for $6995, minus 25% for code XXW45144.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recent-stern-pro-nib-price-trends and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.