(Topic ID: 173835)

Recent Purchaser of MM or MMR? Why did you pick what you did?

By Oldgoat

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CubeSnake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Well, speaking from experience, I've owned 7 MM to date, 1 of which was new-out-of-box with about 10 plays. This was all pre-2003ish. Honestly I bought these to re-sell. And they did. I figured when the prices on these stabilized that I would just save a nice one as a keeper in my collection and leave it at that. The last 2 or 4 that I had picked up were so banged out and nasty that I became not too hopeful at finding a halfway nice one. At this time HEP's were going for around 9k so at that point I figured these had out priced 'keeper' status.
Then the beaters crept up to 7+ range which in my mind was insane. The prices for this pin always amazed me but it is what people want. Then they announced the repro's and I figured I'd let others test the water. Most of the feedback is pretty positive except for all of the most pedantic of Pinsiders <rolls eyes>. Anyway, I picked one up a few months back and am really impressed with it. Bottom line is if you want this title, it'd be best to pick up a new MMr. You'll get your money back if it isn't your cup of tea, and for the most part they're problem-free. As far as the old vs. new argument-if you're not a restorer (I'm not) then go for a MMr. If you're a collector and history means something to you, the go for an original. Oh, and one other thing-these ARE NOT investments! Buy one, play it, have fun with it, keep it clean and maintained and if/when it comes time to sell, you'll get pretty much what you have into it back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CubeSnake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recent-purchaser-of-mm-or-mmr-why-did-you-pick-what-you-did?tu=CubeSnake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.