Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by McCune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

If you want accurate pricing go ask on rgp. Pinside has quite a few new pinheads that overpay for machines. People around here may not like rgp for various reasons, but it does have a lot more older collectors with a good pulse on what machines are worth.

I'm afraid it is Dung and those like him that seem to have little clue as to what pins are realistically selling for currently. Like it or not prices have been on the rise for pinball machines. Here on Pinside you get an accurate idea on what it would take to pick one up. Granted each area has different price range and of course condition is key when pricing as well. Fellas like this give a really unrealistic price of which you would likely need to wait 10 years to find one close to you. Congo was a small run and if you think your going to pick one up one in great condition for 1100 to 1300 locally in a well populated area then you are either really drunk or high maybe both. Congo is without a doubt one of my favorites I could care less what some haters think about it.

Quoted from jalpert:

I've been offered Congo locally for $1,300.

Well you must live somewhere where the prices on pins are among the lowest in the country. It's a good thing for you, but it's a mistake not to recognize that pins are usually higher in other areas or that you got a great deal on one. Just because it is cheaper in your area or you got an amazing deal does not mean it is the accurate price to pay for a pin. Areas like Colorado have pins for good prices where a place like CA has very high prices. It is when you take the average of them you get an accurate price range. Taking the crazy high or low and calling it what someone should pay is a bit short sighted IMO.

#69 12 years ago

If I really want a pin and see it in great condition $200 to $400 is not going to stand in the way of me purchasing it. I am not a big fan of taking whatever pin I can find for a great deal. I only really look for pins to own in very good condition. I like certain pins and those are the ones I want to own no others will do. If I were trying to flip them it would be different but I am looking for pins I can own for a long time.

So when someone that gets a pin cheaply or lives in an area that is cheap for pinball tells me I should get one for $200 to $400 less I pay little attention to that. I know that if you want a pin in very good condition that had a small production run and don't want to wait 3 to 8 years to get it you likely have to pay more than someone that got a great deal on it did.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recent-congo-flurry?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.