Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by McCune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I love it when people get into such heated debates over pin pricing. If a guy wants to sell his game for a certain amount thats his option. If you don't like the price fine don't buy it. I've gotten great deals in the past and also paid over what some people would call "market pricing" for games but that was my choice & nobody held a gun to y head & made me.

Exactly.

I've definitely (knowingly) paid more for a pin than it was worth. I've also made a few great deals. Just depends on your priorities (and patience...or lack thereof).

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Pinball's aren't going up in price, people are just getting less patient.

LOL!

If that isn't a contradictory statement, I don't know what is!

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's not contradictory at all. If you want it now, you are going to pay more. It doesn't mean it's worth more. Your unwillingness to wait isn't affecting the value of your pinball, just the price you paid. Tons of people overpaying for games on here, they want them now, 100% okay. The problem is when these same people then try and debate the value of their game and it's usually in relation to the stupid high price they paid.

If "tons" of people are supposedly overpaying as you say, then that is, in fact, affecting the prices.

Do you understand that?

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

SealClubber said:Which is why the overall cost of machines has been rising the past few years.

Absolutely. What has happened is that a lot of new money has recently entered the hobby. This new blood is eager to grow their collection, and doesn't necessarily want to sit around watching craigslist for months until a great deal comes along. People insist on saying that such and such a pin is only a $1,500 game, but the fact of the matter is that if enough people are willing to spend $2,000 on it, it's no longer a $1,500 game. Obviously, this is pissing off some collectors who are used to lower prices, but it's not as if you can force the prices back down by explaining to everyone that they are overpaying. The market is going to go where the market is going to go. It's simple economics.

You nailed it.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In most cases, if I want it now, it's probably a $2,000 game. However, I'm not willing to say, nor do I think it's a $2,000 game.

This doesn't even make sense.

I give up.

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

As simple as I can make it; Overpaying for a game does not increase it's value. Typically, the more time you spend keeping your eyes open, the cheaper you can find a game.
RobT said:This doesn't even make sense.

Sure, if you are talking about a single transaction where someone overpays for a pin. But you previously were talking about "tons" of people overpaying and that still wouldn't effect the value of a pin. That's the part that I disagree with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recent-congo-flurry?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.