Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lam6 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi,
I wanted to ask the owners of a Recel pinball how you take care of your playfields?
Recel playfields are completly covered by a mylar like coating and I'm wondering if I should simply clean it or use wax on it? I don't wan't to wax it only to learn afterwards that it's a stupid idea with Recel playfields and that it does more harm than good.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

I would recommend waxing regardless. I mean you are going to get dirt on the playfield that would need cleaned up. So its never a bad idea.

#3 5 years ago

The mylar like covering on the Recel playfield does not require any maintenance, besides some vacuuming from time to time.
I have a Recel Lady Luck from 1976 which has not received any specific maintenance and is perfect with more than 45K plays on the counter.

The only thing you have to be careful about is some risk of de-lamination in some parts of the playfield. Keep these areas clean as much as possible.

Yves

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcane:

The only thing you have to be careful about is some risk of de-lamination in some parts of the playfield. Keep these areas clean as much as possible.
Yves

I have a slight delamination in three parts of the playfield. The worst one is on the upper part, as you can see there's a slight "bubble" where a part of the laminate has come off.

Is there a good solution to remedy this ? I was thinking about spraying some clear in a jar and dripping it under the laminate?

lam6 (resized).jpglam6 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

I would leave it the way it is. I have some delaminations on my Lady Luck too, but rather not touch it.
For a home usage, it will never get too bad.
Worst case, you remove the entire mylar foil and clear coat the playfield. Lot of work and risky.....
Yves

Remember, perfection is quite often the enemy of good.

#6 5 years ago

You're probably right. I've seen your restoration blogs, I better heed the advice of a true master

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recel-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.