(Topic ID: 56254)

Received Metallica reflective opto isolator from Stern today!

By Gnatty

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Brtlkat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Got a package in the mail today from Stern for the apparent fix for the resetting drop target issue on Metallica. Came with easy to install instructions as well. I had called them about it when the problem first started happening when I got it 6 weeks ago, they said they would ship me the part when they figured out a part to solve it. They came through and I'll install tonight. Problem doesn't really happen anymore on. Mine since I added all led lights and flashers but I'll still install. Thank you Stern for following through!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Just installed it, went in easily, fits like a glove and works good...... Anyone else receive this as well?

#3 10 years ago

Yes I also got one in the mail today. Wasn't expecting anything and was wondering what was at my front door tonight. I just opened it up and I'll definitely put this in as my drop targets have been a sticky point. I still need to do that other adjustment to fix them from not going down when there hit straight on as that's more of my problem then them not resetting.

#4 10 years ago

Got one a few weeks ago, seems to work well. I may have had a few random resets, but I haven't been taking video or anything so if it happened a couple of times it may have slipped by without me noticing.

#5 10 years ago

Did they send new drop target springs also? This is another issue with the drops not going down. I have both issues not going down and resetting sometimes. Also the dmd has some vertical lines poping up in it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/received-metallica-reflective-opto-isolator-from-stern-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.